It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Problem with DHL/USPS
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:08 am 

Maybe someone from germany can help...

I'm still waiting for my Nosferatu head-prop. It was sent on July 25th and arrived in germany on July 30th. Then...nothing.

No tracking update since then. DHL still says it's at IPZ Frankfurt, while USPS tracking ays it was handed over to customs.

I never had such delays, the packages were handed over to customs the same day. I talked to DHL and they do not really know where the package is ("It's definately not in customs, we think it's still at our sorting facility but we do not know").

Does anyone else had problems like that as well? Is Frankfurt overloaded?

And last: is Priority Mail insured? I do not think so...

It'd suck badly if that head would went missing as this was a great deal, the paintjob superb and I dunno where I should get another one :pale

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Problem with DHL/USPS
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:15 pm 
Random avatar

These day's the customs behaviour are strange - i encounter these myself. Whilst some big things just slip trough, oddly small things took ages :grumpy
Anyhow, the USPS tracking always reply it's at the customs inspection, once it entered there. That never changes afterwards, as i experienced.
The DHL guy's suffer also with updating or even take the Data over to their system.

Due to the vacation time there's also delay at FFM possible.
My last imports were routed to another Inspection place close to Kassel - and this guy's allow it own 2 weeks for inspection !

as per standard the USPS priority mail isn't insured - you have to buy this optional

.. and i know how awful the wait is, patience is the key to success - at least sometimes :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:57 pm 

Agree with Marc.
Often had the same problem with this as you.
The tracking is weak at USPS , UPS and also sometime with DHL.
Some parts arrived me where the tracking said it would be still somewhere in the USA.LOL.

Also the nice lying around on the german customs.
They real like to open my things, close my things send it to the next , open my things close my things send to the next...
3 weeks is nothing in wait till they get up there asses to send it along from Frankfurt to the next customs office, where i than have to wait till this guys write me a letter,
which takes also sometimes 2 weeks, that i should take my parcel there.
German thoroughness sometimes realy sucks. :disg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:46 am 

Lol, indeed german customs suck pretty much.

I phoned with DHL in Ffm airport again yesterday and they admitted they have no clue where the parcel is but they'd send a guy looking. And then...just after 2 hours it moved again :-) it'll be delivered to local customs today. The guys over there were pretty helpful. I contacted them via importanfragen@deutschepost.de they answered only 1 hour later.

Profile E-mail