The Prop Den
http://thepropden.aokforums.com/

Vader display progress
http://thepropden.aokforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4860
Page 6 of 7

Author:  Turrican [ Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vader display progress

Very nice. :thumbsup
I would be happy if mine would look like this any day.

Still searching for a passable mannequin.

Author:  juan7fernandez [ Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vader display progress

Turrican wrote:
Very nice. :thumbsup
I would be happy if mine would look like this any day.

Still searching for a passable mannequin.



If I showed you the mannequins I used for both of mine you wouldn't think they worked. I just looked for the right hight ad then muscled him up with foam cuttings. I actually went for pretty inexpensive mannequins I only paid $300 for each (shipping included), and the shipping was inflated because they were coming to Puerto Rico which is Bull S because PR is a U.S. territory and everything else I purchase cost the same to ship here as it does to any other state. on the other hand they do ship on huge boxes and are pretty heavy. Still $300 and I got some really good and usable Vader mannequins.

Author:  Turrican [ Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vader display progress

juan7fernandez wrote:
Turrican wrote:
Very nice. :thumbsup
I would be happy if mine would look like this any day.

Still searching for a passable mannequin.



If I showed you the mannequins I used for both of mine you wouldn't think they worked. I just looked for the right hight ad then muscled him up with foam cuttings. I actually went for pretty inexpensive mannequins I only paid $300 for each (shipping included), and the shipping was inflated because they were coming to Puerto Rico which is Bull S because PR is a U.S. territory and everything else I purchase cost the same to ship here as it does to any other state. on the other hand they do ship on huge boxes and are pretty heavy. Still $300 and I got some really good and usable Vader mannequins.


Some pic's without the suit would help maybe to fit the muscle foam right.
I tried it some times in past, but never got the right look, cause the mannequin i have is just a bunch of s**t in it's proportions.

Author:  banthapoodoo [ Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vader display progress

I definitely do dig it! You set your standards high for your displays and it shows. Very nice!

Author:  juan7fernandez [ Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vader display progress

banthapoodoo wrote:
I definitely do dig it! You set your standards high for your displays and it shows. Very nice!



Thanks Brotha! Its definitely a severe obsessive compulsive problem, but its gotten me some satisfying results I would say! :D

Author:  lenasith [ Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vader display progress

Impressive !!!

Congratulation for this beautiful Vader ESB :thumbsup

Author:  juan7fernandez [ Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vader display progress

lenasith wrote:
Impressive !!!

Congratulation for this beautiful Vader ESB :thumbsup



Thanks Lena!! :toothy

Author:  VEGAS VADER [ Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vader display progress

I know this is an old thread. I just gotta day damn!!! I’m blown away by your collection!! Also I wanted to thank you for the AP cod I got from you back when I was based in Vegas. Now ive moved to the Philippines and the cod you sold me is proudly displayed on my mannequin. Waiting for some parts to finish before I sign up for the 501st here in the Philippines

Author:  juan7fernandez [ Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vader display progress

It's been a while since the last time I updated this thread. He has come a long way. I'll post more pictures soon.

Image

Author:  DarthDavid90 [ Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vader display progress

Really amazing! Seems to come out of the screen!

Author:  dcarty [ Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vader display progress

That is glorious!

Author:  juan7fernandez [ Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vader display progress

Thanks guys! I've loved the journey and couldnt have done it without the help of some amazing friends here at the Den!

Here are some more shots:

Image

Image

Image

Author:  No Humor Man [ Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vader display progress

That's looking pretty impressive and pretty imposing. Love it. :thumbsup

Author:  Turrican [ Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vader display progress

Jup really nice this one.
Like the color of the paint as well, as how the cape is sitting on the armour.
Nice work on the helmet as well. :thumbsup

Author:  juan7fernandez [ Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Vader display progress

Turrican wrote:
Jup really nice this one.
Like the color of the paint as well, as how the cape is sitting on the armour.
Nice work on the helmet as well. :thumbsup



Thank you my friend! Its all about the little details.

After posting the pictures I realized I wasnt happy with the way the helmet was sitting on the mannequin so I added some foam to the top of the head. Also noticed the dust from having worked on cutting the mannequin earlier the day of the pictures, so I wiped the dust and the finger prints off LOL. I posted these images on the RPF but forgot to post them here:

Image

Image

You guys have no idea how much this forum has helped me get to where I am today, not only with this display but with everything Vader related. THNANK YOU to all my good friends here at the Den.

Page 6 of 7 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/
Hosted by Freeforum.ca, get your free forum now! TOS | Support Forums | Report a violation
buy web visitors
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums