The Prop Den
http://thepropden.aokforums.com/

Darthvaderv ANH
http://thepropden.aokforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=4357
Page 6 of 10

Author:  chingonaz0 [ Thu May 26, 2016 7:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Darthvaderv ANH

Darthvaderv wrote:
Welcome to the den. :cheers

Thank you,
I'll introduce myselfto everyone in the proper section.

Author:  Vader71 [ Tue May 31, 2016 8:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Darthvaderv ANH

Love seeing your work Paul, your eye for detail really is excellent. Thank you for letting me know you did a little more reveal here and I wish I could keep up with the hobby but its not what it once was for me. I do really enjoy seeing these come together the bar for quality Vader displays has been raised. :thumbsup

Author:  Darthvaderv [ Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Darthvaderv ANH

No problem David, thanks! I should say these are only old test shots.
I wasn't going to post them.

From the dome to much of the display it isn't staying, it's either changed now etc..
:cheers

Author:  craigjohn [ Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Darthvaderv ANH

Darthvaderv wrote:
No problem David, thanks! I should say these are only old test shots.
I wasn't going to post them.

From the dome to much of the display it isn't staying, it's either changed now etc..
:cheers



You do realize this requires an update. :thumbsup

Author:  paulcarson [ Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Darthvaderv ANH

I'd really love to see them also.

Author:  Darthvaderv [ Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Darthvaderv ANH

I actually dislike showing off WIP, as I see the flaws.
The only reason I did was to give an idea based on another thread, that there are some nice displays around but not known.

I guess I'll post a pic of the helmet but it's not 100% finished. I should find time early next week to post :thumbsup .

As I said I may be anal and overly harsh but i'd like to end up with something that looks like a duplicate and not a replica. That's the plan anyway :eek

Author:  Darthvaderv [ Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Darthvaderv ANH

This is what the helmet looks like nowadays. I haven't spent the time to finish it but it's getting closer to that screen look, compared to what it was.

I know the weathering on the dome flange is distracting I will tone it down, but I've committed myself to the Tantive look, and the lighting on screen often shades how deliberate it is.

I haven't matched any shot, I simply took the picture quickly.


Image

Author:  craigjohn [ Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Darthvaderv ANH

I love how this looks as it is... :drool

What helmet are you painting up, if you don't mind my asking? Your dome looks pretty beat up. :cool:

Author:  paulcarson [ Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Darthvaderv ANH

It's a shame there isn't a "like " button on here as I love this !

Author:  HDPE [ Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Darthvaderv ANH

What a masterpiece! :thumbsup

Author:  syllander [ Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Darthvaderv ANH

That looks phenomenal Paul! You're not wanting to show your WIP pics and we're here drooling over the beauty of it....Absolutely stellar! Perfect or not it's quite the looker, and if there's something you're not satisfied with there's probably only you and about 4 others that could even pic it out...

Author:  Darthvaderv [ Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Darthvaderv ANH

Thanks guys much appreciated comments.

Craig, it's easier for me to not get into the Vader politics (apologies) as I would prefer to enjoy the thread and just say it's all high end cast off screen items and custom soft parts all finished or done by myself apart from the suit and gloves. I have another talent to thank for saving me a job :thumbsup. As for the ANH dome. Yep, onscreen It is beat up, the screen lighting can hide many imperfections and I've magnified this as it's actually under down lighters which are seriously uncomplimentary, in different lights flaws can be hidden .
I could gloss this over more and make in more refined but I can match several imperfections on the casting to the screen used. I'll see what happens when I do the proper set up though but I believe this is a lighting issue for the most part.


Oh and after I posted that pic today I wasn't happy with the flange edge weathering as the light picked it up.
So I improved the colour tonight as the shot below shows.

This is why I hate WIP and I'm not matching shots either and just doing it all in a rush. I better not post anymore until it's looking finished or more so anyway :lol

Image

Author:  craigjohn [ Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Darthvaderv ANH

HA! I'm still a young pup on these boards and not entirely aware of "Vader Politics" :toothy - just an inquiring Vader fan asking a question.

And please...not to worry about matching shots - don't be so picky. And yes, saying "The dome looks beat up" was a big compliment - it looks fabulous. Lucas' lighting in ANH is probably worse than most homes these days. :lol

Author:  Darthvaderv [ Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Darthvaderv ANH

craigjohn wrote:
HA! I'm still a young pup on these boards and not entirely aware of "Vader Politics" :toothy - just an inquiring Vader fan asking a question.

And please...not to worry about matching shots - don't be so picky. And yes, saying "The dome looks beat up" was a big compliment - it looks fabulous. Lucas' lighting in ANH is probably worse than most homes these days. :lol



Ha, no worries. Yes, sadly politics are always a huge part of this hobby. I know some think I'm being elitist by not giving out information but I've tried my best within the perimeters and I've posted a ton here to share. There is a well known slogan most will pick up quickly in this hobby and that is DO NOT SHARE. Even those you become friends with. Same as collaborations. Top secret stuff this Vader hobby is... :protest

As for the beat up dome, I took it that way :cheers I addressed it as most think it's not beat up as the screen lighting hides it, just like if I move the helmet to another room I can get a smooth look dome but I'm not as keen on that. However, If I find when the time comes mine doesn't look exact with comps and lighting I will address it.

My reference is not on this laptop but just a couple of pics to show the dome is a bit lumpy and bumpy. Some to this day think it's smooth like a piece of art. More like a piece of something else.

Image
Image
Image

Author:  craigjohn [ Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Darthvaderv ANH

Darthvaderv wrote:
craigjohn wrote:
HA! I'm still a young pup on these boards and not entirely aware of "Vader Politics" :toothy - just an inquiring Vader fan asking a question.

And please...not to worry about matching shots - don't be so picky. And yes, saying "The dome looks beat up" was a big compliment - it looks fabulous. Lucas' lighting in ANH is probably worse than most homes these days. :lol



Ha, no worries. Yes, sadly politics are always a huge part of this hobby. I know some think I'm being elitist by not giving out information but I've tried my best within the perimeters and I've posted a ton here to share. There is a well known slogan most will pick up quickly in this hobby and that is DO NOT SHARE. Even those you become friends with. Same as collaborations. Top secret stuff this Vader hobby is... :protest



Well.....shame on you. LOL

Page 6 of 10 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/
Hosted by Freeforum.ca, get your free forum now! TOS | Support Forums | Report a violation
buy web visitors
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums