It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: eFX ANH Hero Stormtrooper Legend Edition
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:17 am 

As I already said on other forums it is quite disappointing... :(

rebnah wrote:
I think I will stick with my v2s gino hero and stunt, just sold a fiberglass one as its not screen accurate do don't want another.

Just get a RS PropMasters lid and then you'll have the best Stunt Stormtrooper helmet out there :wink: :thumbsup

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:44 am 

That's true.
Also ways cheaper, and accurate as any licenced trooper helmet till yet in 30 years of star wars.
And you can paint and assemble it as you want.
Well may we have the luck to get a fanmade screen cast of an AnH Hero as well in the same quality as this RS Stunt lid.Unaltered of course.

That affirmed the fact that fanmade stuff is mostly better in accurary as the licenced stuff.
If that efx hero helmet realy will be made out of fiberglas , it's worthless for me. From the pov of a collector of screen accurate props.
If i pay such an high amount for an helmet it should be made as the screen used.

May they should not always let made there things in China, than this vac-forming would maybe not that big problem.
Cheap yes, but may they realy should ask themself if they not want to pay a little bit more for higher skilled personal , which not earn only 6 USD in the hour for there job.
And i not think that a helmet made out of fiberglas would be cheaper to do as a ABS vac-formed one, only cause the skills which the personal there have is not adequate enough, as it seems.

I'm sure if you have told Gino this sentence ,

When it comes to finishing a Legend piece, prop accuracy will not always necessarily extend into areas that you cannot see from a display standpoint, such as the interiors of the pieces, (like for example under the dome or inside the face mask of the Vader helmet).

It also may not always apply to the original materials of the screen-used piece.
Every situation is unique and evaluated on a case by case basis.

2 years ago in his "propaganda board", you were got banned for blasphemy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:10 am 
Site Admin

They should make an open ended Elite line of kits that people can assemble and paint themselves for the über accuracy nuts.

And to help that be worth for companies to pursue, perhaps the community should take a stance regarding the copying of licensed products, either currently holding the license or not or gone under.

But, I guess that's a stupid idea...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:14 am 
Site Admin

Too Much Garlic wrote:
But, I guess that's a stupid idea...

Hell no! That's the best idea you've had in years! :thumbsup

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:28 pm 

Another interesting thought maybe.
MR and EFX did 1000 and more ABS helmets for there stormtooper collector edition but can't do an 1:1 of a screen used Hero helmet in ABS?
Why Ainsworth can do it?Why TM, RS, Gino and other can do it without notible differences on there kits?And they are only private guys not a big company.
I not think that the assembling would be that big problem as Gino is telling.
Also it's called a LEGEND LINE and all the OT star wars stuff was ways away from being perfect and symetrical.Each helmet had meanderings.
That's star wars. it's not perfect.
Than they should not call it a Legend replica, neither simply a star wars helmet .

Is this stupid or just the 01. April , i'm wrong or i'm also only just an to accurary nut?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:23 pm 
Random avatar

Whats the best way to contact RS prop masters?
found a .net site but its not working? Made a login but still just shows a small error box?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:36 pm 

I invite you to read again the description of the Hero stormtrooper helmet on the EFX website.

Especially the last sentence....

http://www.efxcollectibles.com/p-116-an ... egend.aspx

Our Legend Stormtrooper helmet will not only replicate the original helmet in process, but all materials, as well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:40 am 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, the collector must be a bit peeved having had to disassemble his original helmet for molding... only to now hear that they could just have molded it AS-IS on the outside to make fiberglass versions. A whole lot of work and risk LOST. + if eFX is making these in fiberglass... then the molds don't work for that, which means they have to form a helmet, then assemble it and then mold it to produce the fiberglass molds...

My thought is, with this change... the Legend line is officially dead.

On another topic... did they confirm the color of the lenses? Forgot if that was addressed. Were they green?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:21 pm 

It seems the Hero bubble lenses were green indeed - see first post: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070056/

I'm afraid of a few things: if made of fiberglass then you are totally right and Legend term might not apply anymore. Then if there are a few made of ABS, comes the problem of how will those be distributed? I can see the Legend Vader story repeated again, many people not interested in ABS helmets will just buy them for later profit (some people who are not even Star Wars fans!), international customers forced to order from eFX once again, outrageous international FedEx shipping quotes and so on. A beautiful neverending story... :rolleyes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:40 pm 

Too Much Garlic wrote:
Yeah, the collector must be a bit peeved having had to disassemble his original helmet for molding... only to now hear that they could just have molded it AS-IS on the outside to make fiberglass versions. A whole lot of work and risk LOST. + if eFX is making these in fiberglass... then the molds don't work for that, which means they have to form a helmet, then assemble it and then mold it to produce the fiberglass molds...

Well than they only need to make a copy of this one:
Attachment:
Efx_Stormy03.JPG
:whip2

Too Much Garlic wrote:
On another topic... did they confirm the color of the lenses? Forgot if that was addressed. Were they green?

Here a pic of the disassembled real one:
Attachment:
screen used Anh Hero eFX helmet replica.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:35 pm 

I agreed with Naroid, I think it is too late for those kind of changes...to be that info accurate that would be very disappointing and personally I will not be interested on it anymore...we should see I guess

cheers

A

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:47 pm 
Site Admin

Too Much Garlic wrote:
They should make an open ended Elite line of kits that people can assemble and paint themselves for the über accuracy nuts.

I think MR addressed this at one point as being a licensing issue. If they were to make kits, it would creep into a modeling license, which others already have, and they can't afford to have in addition to what they're already permitted to do.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:32 am 

Kits would be so awesome! But I'm afraid LFL might not like it. Customer "X" buys 10 kits from eFX at price "a", and then assembles, finishes and sells them at price "b". LFL won't have anything from this, and we already know uncle Georgie cannot live without having something from almost everything SW. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:15 am 
Site Admin

I don't think LFL would be against kits. The licensing reasons seems the most plausible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next