It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:54 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Shadow FX Studios
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:09 pm 

Now this topic has been brought up before and discussed. I never saw the proof that this company previously known as Anarchy Designs is in fact Phil from SPFX. All I saw were members state so. The reason why I bring this up is because currently the Ebay seller Shadow FX has fantastic feedback and is selling fantastic helmets and armor. I looked on the facebook page and saw the ROTJ helmet and that is gorgeous!

I just want to know if anybody has recently bought from them and what they have received matches the photos. If the ROTJ is anything the picture shows I want one.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Shadow FX Studios
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:20 pm 

They even use the same pictures that Anarchy and SPFX used for their listings. The helmets are still exactly the same in the few new pictures and its just a known and predictable move that he does time and time again. He renames the business trying to run away from his already destroyed reputation.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:49 pm 

juan7fernandez wrote:
They even use the same pictures that Anarchy and SPFX used for their listings. The helmets are still exactly the same in the few new pictures and its just a known and predictable move that he does time and time again. He renames the business trying to run away from his already destroyed reputation.

Shadwo FX is the same account as Anarchy Designs. Name just changed as ebay showed previous names for the account. So I know for sure Shadow FX and Anarchy are the same beyond the photos. And since He started that account he has received nothing but 100% positive feed back. Im wondering of It is Phil or someone who took over and is running the place much better. Im not sure. I see on the facebook page that new helmet and armor photos get WIP shots and mentions what is on the workbench for the day. It could all be trickory I am not sure but the photo of the ROTJ helmet has cought my eye big time and that is why I am looking into it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:53 pm 

I dont know about anyone else but I do know this helmet looks freaking gorgeous to me. I know I have the CFO coming to me soon but Im always looking to add helmets to the collection and a secondary one for trooping.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:47 am 
Site Admin

Unless he's changed things, the SPFX is very heavy, so not really suited for trooping.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:14 pm 

No Humor Man wrote:
Unless he's changed things, the SPFX is very heavy, so not really suited for trooping.

How heavy would you say? I know someone who has the Shadow FX ANH and troops with it all the time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:09 am 
Random avatar

Pretty heavy compared to most from what I remember on the helmet(s) I've worked on of his. Definitely more of a display helmet. Quality and build wise in my opinion. But most of his casts are almost always very poor quality in some way and I've unfortunately seen a lot of victims stuck with his work and giving on just due to the amount of repair/prep work that would go into it just to paint it or resell it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:22 am 

Hi all, new to the group. Just thought i'd chime in here as far the the ShadowFX. I ordered one of the ESB helmets on their ebay shop and received it in 3 weeks. It is not heavy at all. In fact it's lighter than my Darth Ugly. It is very tight around the neck area however. Seems like there is too much material "wrapping around" toward the back which makes it a bit uncomfortable to get on and off. I don't know what the history is behind the ShadowFx, SPFX, etc. I saw it, liked it, I purchased it. Pros: Great finish, very lightweight. cons: tight fit around the neck, came with no padding, straps, and sub-par lenses.
It's a beautiful lid tho. Once i get the Shadow ready to wear with headgear, better lenses, etc, i can do a comparison between it and the Darth Ugly if requested. but here are a few pics of mine for now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:54 pm 
Random avatar

Hi Bones222 , i am considering to buy another one from Shadow FX Studios, in this moment he is not sellign on eBay, he send me a paypal invociceā€¦.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:24 pm 
Random avatar

I have just got from Shadow Fx a ANH Vader Helmet, it is amazing the quality of the work and the painting is first class. Could not be happier.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:11 pm 

Does anyone know the origin of these castings?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:24 pm 

I ended up ordering from Shadow FX as some of you know. I have the armor and still waiting on the helmet. He told me it should ship out next week.

So far what I have seen is the quality is very nice and the armor has some sort of lineage, it is Muir's sculpt. People say it's a Ghost Host recast which came off an original set.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:08 pm 

I received the helmet and I do like it. It's a good trooping helmet and will still get good reactions at events. Is it a CFO or an authentic cast? No but it looks very close with no major in your face innacuracies. But of course I see minor differences when I look at my CFO.

I bought the CFO for lineage and the SFX for trooping. Not every helmet is required to be an authentic cast to be able to own it. It's still high end and looks pretty.

I feel Phil's history is partly why people have issues with these helmets. If they were from anyone else people wouldn't speak up against them as much. JMC and Portumac provide helmets with the same amount of authenticity as Phil yet they don't catch as much flack(helmets themselves. Not the sellers). Phil himself is one thing since he has a history but I made my purchase soley on the helmet with Phil taken out of the equation. His helmet imo is more accurate then Portumac and the Quasimodo. I took the helmet as it is, a high end fairly accurate helmet that's not an authentic cast(I already have one).

I have the helmet and armor and it was my decision to buy them. I dont regret and am happy with what I received.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:30 pm 

CFO next to SFX

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:59 pm 

I would like to visit this one more time.

Wow Phil is really full of himself. I follow his Facebook page mainly that he sometimes posts photos of other casts and archive photos.

He claims his helmets and armor are something they are not. Pretty much says they are authentic casts with out using "authentic cast" but more like "off original". I know this is nothing new for vets on here but I'm saying this more as a warning for newbies.

I knew as soon as I got my helmet that it's not what Phil claims it to be because I saw differences with it and the ROTJ CFO. BUT it does not stop there.

I recently acquired a SL facemask which actually shape wise is 99% identical to the CFO face. Which they should match because the CFO face is a copy of a face that is a copy of the ANH original. It's a 2nd gen esb/rotj face and a 3rd generation anh face if I have that correct(the originals being 1st Gen). My point is that 2 authentic faces that nearly match helped me understand how far off Phil's claim is.

I found shape differences in the nose and cheeks. The teeth bars are a bit to wide on Phil's. Phil's upper eye lids are to wide when meeting the nose bridge. And there are shape differences on the neck line. These aspects all match on both the CFO and SL.

New people please do not fall for his lies and claims. His helmets are not off any original, at best it's off a cast that has vague connection to an original and Phil tried to add or change detail but still missed a big one. The notch on the viewers right side of the nose were the cheek curve meets the nose is not there. That's a big giveaway.

His work is nice and high end and fits right in with JMC, Stone and Portumac type of replica helmets. But is not even close to what the fan market can provide as the best available option.

I purchased my set for trooping nothing more! I have CFO and SL for the authenticity.

Profile E-mail