It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Return of Vader!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:20 am 

I just read that Kathleen Kennedy on Disney's Investor Day announced that Hayden Christensen will be returning as Darth Vader in the upcoming Obi-Wan series! We hope to see a version of Vader closer to ANH!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Return of Vader!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:37 am 

In the Jedi Fallen Order video game that should be placed 5 years after ROTS, we see a Vader more similar to the ANH version but even more symmetrical! The dome also looks symmetrical, but widows peak is added! The Obi series will take place 10 years after ROTS, so we might see a version similar to R1 or maybe a new symmetrical Vader but close to how it appears in the original trilogy!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:18 am 

Or the costume department will just sort of do whatever looks good and leave us with yet another wildly different suit lol.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:17 pm 

darthjones wrote:
Or the costume department will just sort of do whatever looks good and leave us with yet another wildly different suit lol.

Ahahahah most likely will! :banger

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:25 am 
Site Admin

I think putting Vader in that series is going to be a mistake. There was too much Vader in Rogue One - he should just have been a boogieman character people mention and doubt is real until we see him unleashed in that very last scene. Sure Vader mentioned in RotJ that Obi-Wan used to think as Luke did - which we never saw in RotS - so more encounters between the two seems to be inevitable. But it needs to end with Obi-Wan realizing there is nothing of Anakin left in Vader, giving up on him, and for Vader it should appear that Obi-Wan died. Otherwise... if Vader knows Obi-Wan is alive he would not have stopped looking for him.

But knowing Disney, they'll just fuck it up, so the encounter in ANH has no value anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:55 pm 

Yes, the only reason that can explain a new meeting between the two is the sentence you say in ROTJ! But I hope they don't lose importance to AHN's fight! Maybe it would be better for them not to meet, and for Vader only to be shown chasing some Jedi! I am pretty convinced that they will try to do a good job, they know that the fans are more and more demanding, and they cannot afford mistakes!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:58 pm 

One thing I'm thinking here is that Ewan McG doesn't HAVE to do this - and as such, I've read that he has some creative control. His usual work involves more character driven material and his sensibilities are hopefully, as a result, not that of fan service/ checking boxes. He will want to add resonance to the story, not engage in choreograph.

My hope at least.

If it was too goofy he wouldn't be involved.

I like the idea of Kenobi facing hard core failure again in some sense - thinking he's got a shot at fixing Anakin only for Vader to use that hope and trick Kenobi into exposing hidden Jedi: So the series would end with Kenobi barely escaping, more Jedi getting wiped out by Vader, and Kenobi throwing in the towel on Anakin.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:25 pm 

Inside me too I hope for a meeting between the two, but I hope for something coherent, otherwise it is better that they tell the stories simultaneously but separate! I am positive, because as far as I am concerned the work done on The Mandalorian I liked it, and I hope in the same quality, they have put a lot of things in this series, but without it being too much! At least that's my thought!

Profile E-mail