It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: ESB Stormtrooper helmet (CAP)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:34 am 

This is the latest helmet I painted myself. It took me sometime to finished it but I had a blast painting this lid. This is not an idealized helmet, I tried to reproduce the imperfection of the original ones during the shooting of ESB. I wish the weathering would be more noticeable in the pictures. I used humbrol paints, Evo aerators and Mike's ESB decals. I hope you like it.

Cheers

A

Photoshop preview

Post subject: Re: ESB Stormtrooper helmet (CAP)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:59 am 
Site Admin

Very nice finish on that helmet. Just a shame you used that source.

Interesting to see the brow damage which is usually only seen on the TE2 helmets. Wonder if that's why the molds were sold off - because they were damaged. Or, WeiBes recast TE2.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:43 pm 

Surprised to see this here..perhaps the FISD would be better? As Carsten said, nice work... to bad it's on that.it would be a shame if TE2 is the actual source.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:37 pm 

That looks really good! You did a great job of painting it up!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:28 pm 
Site Admin

Beautiful paint work! Doesn't get much better than that. :thumbsup

I got a CAP a while back, but didn't realize what it was at the time... erg...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:36 pm 

Darth Fetty wrote:
Beautiful paint work! Doesn't get much better than that. :thumbsup

I got a CAP a while back, but didn't realize what it was at the time... erg...

Thanks Darth Fetty for your kind words :thumbsup , I remember yours, Mr No Stripes,very nice indeed, did you sell that one?

Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked it. I tried to make it as good a possible and weather it like the real ones so it looks its coming directly from the movie shooting. :salut

Related to the origins of the helmet, as far as I now it was casted from an old TE before the molds where sold to Guns(TE2)
TE and CAP had their differences and at a certain point CAP gave as a present 5 of his helmets to TE, later several of those CAP helmets were sold and signed by TE on ebay as if they were made by him, one of them was on sale on whitearmor.net
http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?s ... entry41178

If my CAP helmet does not fit in the forum I will be glad to removed the pictures, I have or had others makers helmets in my colection, TE, AP, SDS, MR ... I like all of them but IMO the CAP has the look of originals.

Thanks

A

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:50 pm 
Site Admin

AJCG wrote:
Thanks Darth Fetty for your kind words :thumbsup , I remember yours, Mr No Stripes,very nice indeed, did you sell that one?

Nope, still have it. I'm pretty sure it didn't even have a name when I got it. I originally got it because I loved the look of it as well (so sharp), but when I found out the history later on, it was pretty frustrating. Oh well...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

AJCG wrote:
If my CAP helmet does not fit in the forum I will be glad to removed the pictures, I have or had others makers helmets in my colection, TE, AP, SDS, MR ... I like all of them but IMO the CAP has the look of originals.

I only commented on it being a recast, not that it didn't belong. You own it, so you should be free to show it off. I'm just sorry to say that I find this CAP guy to be a very offensive chap, as well as those supporting him - not that TE ranks very high in my book anymore either.

You do a fantastic paint job, that's for sure. Just a shame CAP wastes his talents doing what he does.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:14 pm 

I like what you ave done here with this helmet it looks very accurate for an esb :cheers

I recently sold a TE that had the beginings of the mold damage above the brow, so maybe some late TE's were just as bad as the TE2?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:54 am 

firebladejedi wrote:
I like what you ave done here with this helmet it looks very accurate for an esb :cheers

I recently sold a TE that had the beginings of the mold damage above the brow, so maybe some late TE's were just as bad as the TE2?

Thanks Mark :thumbsup , I'm glad you like it, do you own a TE with the damage above the brow?

Cheers

A

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:13 pm 

I did do, the TE hero i sold to Leo aka Starwars collector had brow damage although just feintly like we see on the TE2.

An another note, i am currently building another TM helmet and this time im going ESB and i am really torn between giving it an undercoat of hdpe colour and making it looked chippped like you have or leave it gleaming white capped plastic?

Anyway sorry to go of topic :)

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:26 am 

Thanks Mark for the clarification :salut

No worries Mark, I guess it is a personal decision. I went for the chip look because I did not have any helmet with that look back then. Now that I can compare it with the other ones, I would say I like it better. The feature that I like the best is the used look of scratches more than the chips. I guess you still could go for the gleaming white capped plastic but with scratches so maybe it will look more authentic.

Cheers

A

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:25 am 
Random avatar

firebladejedi wrote:

I have had 2 TE helmets direct from Matt with the brow damage they both also had damage on the top of the cap. I think they were bought from Matt 3 years ago????

Chris