It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: ESB Vader Belt Box Analysis
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:36 pm 

juan7fernandez wrote:
I'm using 1550C. I've tried all of the different models and these are the closest by far. You will notice the distribution of space between the greeblies is dead on. I think the 1590C being a bit longer than the 1550C, create an odd distribution space between the greeblies. I wish I still had the 1590C to show you what I mean but I sold them long ago.

Interesting. I think I'll try building up a set of boxes using the 1590C pair I have here and we can see how they look. I would also like to order a pair of boxes from RS Components out of the UK as they produce their own line of enclosures which are very similar to the Hammond line but seem to have less taper. They have boxes that are close in size to some of the Hammond models but the exact measurements differ slightly, which might make for an interesting comparison.

Post subject: Re: ESB Vader Belt Box Analysis
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:37 am 

Cantina_Dude wrote:
juan7fernandez wrote:
I'm using 1550C. I've tried all of the different models and these are the closest by far. You will notice the distribution of space between the greeblies is dead on. I think the 1590C being a bit longer than the 1550C, create an odd distribution space between the greeblies. I wish I still had the 1590C to show you what I mean but I sold them long ago.

Interesting. I think I'll try building up a set of boxes using the 1590C pair I have here and we can see how they look. I would also like to order a pair of boxes from RS Components out of the UK as they produce their own line of enclosures which are very similar to the Hammond line but seem to have less taper. They have boxes that are close in size to some of the Hammond models but the exact measurements differ slightly, which might make for an interesting comparison.

I tired the RS electronics boxes a while back, but there is little to no taper (At least on the model that got the closest to the measurements). However I would love to see your results! :D

Profile E-mail