It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:50 pm

All times are UTC


THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Vader Sculpture
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:31 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:49 am
Posts: 71
Location: Aosta Valley, Italy
thank you so much guys, I can concentrate on the dome at the end! :toothy


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vader Sculpture
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:49 am
Posts: 71
Location: Aosta Valley, Italy
hello everyone guys! I don't have big news on the dome yet, I worked hard on it because I wanted to try the mold first! :rolleyes And here are some photos of the first cast of the mask, with a spray of spray paint! :toothy

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vader Sculpture
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:39 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:58 am
Posts: 10615
Location: Denmark
This is really amazing looking. It has some differences to a direct cast off an original, but it definitely has the "look". And that's one of the most important things. I'm really amazed you were able to capture the likeness of Vader. - I know likeness is kinda the wrong word to use here, but it kinda fits, so I'll go with it.

Gonna be great to see this paired with the dome. :thumbsup


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vader Sculpture
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:40 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:49 am
Posts: 71
Location: Aosta Valley, Italy
No Humor Man wrote:
This is really amazing looking. It has some differences to a direct cast off an original, but it definitely has the "look". And that's one of the most important things. I'm really amazed you were able to capture the likeness of Vader. - I know likeness is kinda the wrong word to use here, but it kinda fits, so I'll go with it.

Gonna be great to see this paired with the dome. :thumbsup


Thank you very much, I am very pleased! A few days ago I became one of the lucky few to have a TM mask, purchased here on the forum! I only have the ESB mask and not the dome, but I'm really proud to have one of these pieces of history, and I'll take care of it! So I saw the differences you're talking about in person! But I'm still happy with the work done on my mask and I will hardly change it, because this is my personal interpretation of Vader, and I'm very proud of it! I think it's almost impossible to perfectly replicate the original in all its parts in a sculpture by hand! But as you say you can reach the LOOK! :wink: Now I have tried to cut the eyes and all the parts that have to be removed, I will try here on the forum some information on the metallic nets and on the other components, to add the ones closer to the original!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vader Sculpture
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:44 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:49 am
Posts: 71
Location: Aosta Valley, Italy
Hi guys, I tried to paint a mask correctly, I added some lenses to a ski mask, and I bought fangs on the internet! Does anyone know where you find the correct wire mesh?

Image
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vader Sculpture
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:54 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:58 am
Posts: 10615
Location: Denmark
I know it may not be exact, but I was given some mesh from this source and it worked fine. It's about the correct size and shape. If you can't find the original type, you can always try and see if you can find this:

Image, on Flickr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vader Sculpture
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:45 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:49 am
Posts: 71
Location: Aosta Valley, Italy
No Humor Man wrote:
I know it may not be exact, but I was given some mesh from this source and it worked fine. It's about the correct size and shape. If you can't find the original type, you can always try and see if you can find this:

Image, on Flickr


thank you very much I found it immediately on ebay! for now to try I can go well :thumbsup
I ask you even if you know what are the names of the plates I saw used to form the lenses of the mask, I tried but I find nothing! :cheers


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vader Sculpture
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:41 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:49 am
Posts: 71
Location: Aosta Valley, Italy
Hello everyone! I have made some small progress with the dome, although I don't have many details it is not easy to find the right shape! I'm cutting a mask that came out badly from the mold to try to fit it under the sculpture so as not to lose the progress made! :thumbsup

Image

Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vader Sculpture
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:47 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:58 am
Posts: 10615
Location: Denmark
Looks like a very good progress. Will be interesting to see how it pairs with the face mask.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vader Sculpture
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:56 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:49 am
Posts: 71
Location: Aosta Valley, Italy
Hi guys! I managed to insert a piece of mask under the sculpture, it wasn't easy, I had to change the structure a lot! In general I am satisfied, the mask looks good, despite the dome was carved separately! Combining the mask left many imperfections that I hadn't noticed, thanks to No Humor Man for the advice! :thumbsup For now, I haven't gone into details, I'm looking for the correct general form!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vader Sculpture
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:18 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:58 am
Posts: 10615
Location: Denmark
Cool to see the two together. Yeah, I have seen many tackle face and dome separately only to realize they didn't fit together long after the sculpting process was over and they had already made molds. If I could save someone from experiencing that again, all the better.

I can see where the most work needs to be done. The crown itself seems okay for now, but where the crown meets the bottom skirts of the dome, you need to make the shape curve inwards a bit again, before the separation groove, and then curve slightly outwards again. You should probably also slim down the skirt sides, as the inside surface seems to be pretty close to where it should be, so the outer surface shouldn't be too much further out than that. Go slow and try to stop completely when you reach the halfway point between the current inner and outer surface and see how that looks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vader Sculpture
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:45 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:49 am
Posts: 71
Location: Aosta Valley, Italy
No Humor Man wrote:
Cool to see the two together. Yeah, I have seen many tackle face and dome separately only to realize they didn't fit together long after the sculpting process was over and they had already made molds. If I could save someone from experiencing that again, all the better.

I can see where the most work needs to be done. The crown itself seems okay for now, but where the crown meets the bottom skirts of the dome, you need to make the shape curve inwards a bit again, before the separation groove, and then curve slightly outwards again. You should probably also slim down the skirt sides, as the inside surface seems to be pretty close to where it should be, so the outer surface shouldn't be too much further out than that. Go slow and try to stop completely when you reach the halfway point between the current inner and outer surface and see how that looks.



Thank you so much for the advice, I understand what you mean! I think the dome is perhaps more important than the mask for a good final result! If most of the mask is hidden, the dome instead is clearly visible in all its angles, so I want to commit myself to make it as precise as possible!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vader Sculpture
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:28 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:51 pm
Posts: 176
This is literally the best original Vader sculpt I have seen to date. Well done sir, well done.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vader Sculpture
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:18 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:49 am
Posts: 71
Location: Aosta Valley, Italy
vader45 wrote:
This is literally the best original Vader sculpt I have seen to date. Well done sir, well done.



Thank you very much, really kind!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vader Sculpture
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:49 am
Posts: 71
Location: Aosta Valley, Italy
Hello guys! I don't have big news to show, I didn't have much time for sculpture! I did some little work on the curves as suggested in the previous posts, but still a lot to do! I found a wire mesh that I like for the mask, only it's not really flat, but it looks good!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Blue Moon by Trent © 2007
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Hosted by Freeforum.ca, get your free forum now! TOS | Support Forums | Report a violation
buy web visitors
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums