It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:30 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: StarWars R1: Vader is back!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:03 am 
Site Admin

@Mickxc and @illbethere1

Guys, I did not state that this IS the original screen-used R1 Vader, I just said this is what Vader might look like in R1 :wink:

A shiny and new version of the ANH armour and with a slightly different chestbox.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:59 am 
Random avatar

Not to forget that Sideshow not labeled this life-size statue ...which would speak for R1 perhaps. In just 4 months we will know it :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:48 am 
Random avatar

StarWars Collector wrote:
@Mickxc and @illbethere1

Guys, I did not state that this IS the original screen-used R1 Vader, I just said this is what Vader might look like in R1 :wink:

A shiny and new version of the ANH armour and with a slightly different chestbox.

All good SWC. Didn't mean to miss represent your message. You indeed are on the high council of the prop den after all.

Great to have topics for meaty discussion anyway.

Here's hoping this is the direction they have gone. What did you think of my comment posed in the other tread that the rear of Vader's done possibly looks very similar to the eSB dome?

Cool if they have tried to stay true to the original casts, but in this case they are an incarnation too late.

All good mate

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:25 pm 

off topic slightly, but relatedbto Sideshow using recasts for LFL approved, licenced, offical products....... wasnt sideshows rotj reveal bust a copy of Portumac,s. helmet? so there may a precedent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:34 pm 
Random avatar

Curious. I've read that Rogue one is supposed to end just before A new hope begins. Does something happen to Vader to give him the worn damaged suit ? I don't think so. I think he'll be shown in some sort of action but will already have the battle worn suit we've come to know and love.

I think this is a Sideshow prototype for the ANH Vader. They have been way off in terms of accuracy with their other figures so don't really expect them to set a bar here with what will most likely be a very expensive paperweight.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:38 pm 
Random avatar

trooper18938 wrote:
off topic slightly, but relatedbto Sideshow using recasts for LFL approved, licenced, offical products....... wasnt sideshows rotj reveal bust a copy of Portumac,s. helmet? so there may a precedent

Thats what I heard as well. Didn't Sideshow have a Lifesize Vader that they never finished? It had a super buff Vader core that looked funny.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:19 am 
Random avatar

I doubt that the screen writers have given 1/100th of the thought that we have, so I'm guessing we'll be in for something that we will not really be expecting. And with the possibility that he will have very scarce screen time they probably thought even less on it. One can hope though that there is some good resemblance to ANH Vader that we know.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:37 pm 
Site Admin

Mickxc wrote:
All good SWC. Didn't mean to miss represent your message. You indeed are on the high council of the prop den after all.

The high council of the prop den.....hmmm.....I like the sound of that :toothy

Yeah I know people can be intimidated by that. But don’t let it fool you, I’m basically a nice guy so no worries there mate... :wink: :toothy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:23 pm 

StarWars Collector wrote:
@Mickxc and @illbethere1

What was the context in which it was displayed?

Do the Stormtroopers also reflect the Rogue One design subtleties and refinements (as much as I dislike those changes)?

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:29 am 

Ok so this one is official. I know... I know... its just a toy and its blurry but its definitely official. Aparently he is gonna have robe under the armor instead of over it. And he looks a lot wider up top than the Dave Prowse look.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:33 pm 
Random avatar

I've just saw this card, confirms armour over tunic.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:18 am 
Random avatar

These promo photos, Vader on the card set and the figures and pop bobbleheads all have amber lenses but shoulder armor over the the inner cloak. I've been told by two people in the know that saw the inner cloak (They have reliable track records one is Jason Ward who runs makingstarwars.net) running over top the shoulder armor in R1 production photos. I am thinking sometime in the movie, by the end he ends up with the inner cloak running over the armor for the lead in to ANH. If they weren't caring about aiming toward ANH they would not have even bothered with the amber lenses and bringing in Brian Muir to help. Perhaps Vader changes outfits because he goes into that bacta (for whatever reason) looking chamber seen in the first trailer? Even Lucasfilm Story Group visits the film sets at times. (Pablo Hidalgo, head of the storygroup in Lucasfilm said they've been to the film sets/studios a few times.) I keep up with his tweets and he answered one vaguely today. He also writes and organizes The Visual Guides and many other SW books, This is what he said today.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:25 am 

not sure how to interpret all this information. The one thing I do notice is that the sideshow life size display and the half scale statue both look just like the other toys and merchandise that has been revealed with the exception of having the robe over the armor. Even the two poses offered for the Funko bubble heads are the same poses for the Sideshow displays. Maybe this is something that changes throughout the movie or maybe some of the merchandise was developed before final production was set in stone and will be fixed for their release. Either way I'm happy with everything I've seen so far weather its robes over or under.

Here is the Funko pop figures for those who havent seen them yet:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:42 am 

and here are the Sideshow Life size ( hands on belt) and the Legendary scale ( half scale with the force choke pose):

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:12 pm 

here you have it folks official and legit. This figure further proves what I was saying about the Sideshow full and half scale statues at SDCC.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next