It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Darth Vader ROTJ Reveal mask my build
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:50 pm 

banthapoodoo wrote:
kroenen77,

I want to clarify that my post earlier was simply to encourage respectful discussion; it was not to take sides.

This forum's definition of recasting is "copying or re-creating the work of another without the owner’s permission for sale or other personal profit."

I think that you have developed a reasonable argument that the work you are doing is not "recasting". If the Portumac-specific changes to the DPDLX (it's presumed base) are not present in your item, then I would say you haven't copied or re-created his work. Using the copyright law analogy of a "derivative work", one can claim ownership only to their modifications, not to the original, unmodified portions. And it seems that you have reverted to an original form before making your changes, or you have directly implemented your modifications from other references (and did you get permission to use those? :nono :banger )

Its not a question of whether recasting is good or bad that's being debated, it's whether in this specific case it can be labeled as recasting. I know this is not to be put up for a vote, but I at least wanted to submit my opinion. Obviously it's important as it could result in your being banned and have a chilling effect on future submissions of this kind.

BP

Everyone can say what he wants.No problem.My answer to your post was only a little bit sarcastic...not really bad! :wink:

This discussion is a big joke because nobody of us can change something.I have only said what I´m thinking about the "recasterunterhobby" and thats it all.
I´m a big enemy of the real recasters that are making bad copys of other artists work...but my case shows how bullheaded this sytem is.
I will ask portumac for nothing because he did nothing for my build.I had a lot of work to remove all his wrong areas back to a (near) screenaccurate status.That he is a familiar Recaster and a member here,that I need to ask....is another story. :cheers :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:50 am 

So I finished the 2 linkages over the nose section now.Next step are the "LTRS"Marking on the left one.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:36 am 

3 Month for this tiny update? :lol
No just kidding, nice to see you are back here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:26 pm 

Hey,I´m an old man! :wink:

But I cut the raw form of some other parts,too...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:36 pm 

I think this build is looking really nice...someone making or finding parts for sale on a reveal is alot like finding a Unicorn anymore unfortunately! Of all things...the Holy Grail of Star Wars props for most collectors, you'd think it would be easier to come by the parts or a reveal to buy that you wouldn't have to sell a kidney on the black-market to afford! :lol

I gotta be happy for anyone that succeeds this quest though...and definitely enjoy the view...
:drool :drool :drool

Keep building! :thumbsup

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:27 pm 

Building on the lower jaw now:

And the neckcollar:

Its finished:

Profile E-mail