It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:26 am

All times are UTC


THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: eFX Collectiles Scout Trooper helmet
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:16 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:56 pm
Posts: 1257
Location: Germany
Thx for the info Nairod :salut


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX Collectiles Scout Trooper helmet
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:54 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:00 pm
Posts: 176
Location: Italy
I prefer the clean version. Beautiful helmets but not for my pockets... :pale


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX Collectiles Scout Trooper helmet
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:34 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:56 pm
Posts: 1257
Location: Germany
Fener wrote:
I prefer the clean version. Beautiful helmets but not for my pockets... :pale


Than you may can go for a LoneWolf helmet?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX Collectiles Scout Trooper helmet
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:50 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:00 pm
Posts: 176
Location: Italy
No budget for helmets these days... :pale May be in the future... :wink:


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX Collectiles Scout Trooper helmet
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:29 am 
Random avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:13 am
Posts: 4
Location: Sydney, Australia
FYI for those in Australia
I took the blaster pic & add to the cop shop where they assess forearm licences
Have received approval to purchase & import with replica gun application ( can't remember the form number)
Was all good as it doesn't have any moving trigger parts or a hollow barrel
Ordered the legend. Can't wait


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX Collectiles Scout Trooper helmet
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:38 pm
Posts: 840
Location: Dracula's Castle
Wish the Legend was as described. Have the Legend Vader, it is nice, but not really as a Legend should be, too idealized, and still more accurate than LE. Who knows there might be another Legend Scout...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX Collectiles Scout Trooper helmet
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:45 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:38 pm
Posts: 840
Location: Dracula's Castle
Seems EFX Scout LE are coming - but the jaw flare, soft snout, and cheapass acrylic stand are not too encouraging - pics courtesy of Rohaizat Talib, Singapore and Jorel De Castro, Philippines:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX Collectiles Scout Trooper helmet
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:17 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:56 pm
Posts: 1257
Location: Germany
Looking forward till you get yours and make a good comparsion with your Lone Wulf and RS side by side.
As it seems they really missed it to get the front visorframe correct, but that also could be result in crappy photographic skills on those pic's.
At last the people seem to get finaly what they paid for.
But after this mess, EFX should leave the business or never should be allowed to take pre-orders again.

Be happy with my RS helmet, looks 10 times better IMHO and also is made the correct way, out of the correct material.
And as i also found an original hard hat liner it's the closest Scout helmet you will get for a long time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX Collectiles Scout Trooper helmet
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:24 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:38 pm
Posts: 840
Location: Dracula's Castle
EFX will not beat RS. Heck, it won't beat LW either. But will make a comparison once I get it.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX Collectiles Scout Trooper helmet
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:50 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:03 pm
Posts: 657
Location: UK
jkno wrote:
EFX will not beat RS. Heck, it won't beat LW either. But will make a comparison once I get it.


Agreed mate -look forward to seeing your comparisons.

I’ve added pics to my site of the EFX compared to the RS - tbh they’re a million miles apart as far as accuracy (but then the EFX is I supposed a fibreglass collectible for the masses)

However the shoddy way it’s been produced that riles me, with the same faults it had four years ago when development started, and suggests to me it was a rush job by EFX when Disney started to put the pressure on.

Accuracy wise it’s like the first MR Stormtrooper helmet from what, ten years ago. A sanitised Pepsi Max version of what a Scout Trooper looks like.

If this reflects EFX's attitude then the "Legend" is going to anything but legendary!

Cheers

Jez


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX Collectiles Scout Trooper helmet
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:30 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:56 pm
Posts: 1257
Location: Germany
To me it just not looks like a professional company works.
It's also not the fault cause of Chinese factory workers may not can do it better.
That's complete nonsense and just poor excuse of beeing not able to run a professional company.

My POV...efx just not know how to run a company and got exploited by guys (i not name here) which just wanted to fullfill their own collection.
They have their direct casts from screen used stuff at home and i'm sure that their stuff not look like that bunch of shit which efx is giving to their customers.
If those had gotten stuff like this i'm sure they not would say things like "oh yes it's may not perfect, but we couldn't expected more of it so it's fine".

At the other hand it's a whole joke that people still buy stuff from efx as the whole story is not new.
So i can't take them anymore serious if they are getting whiny, cause what they are getting now after 4 years is a bunch of expensive trash.

Serves you right, (I) told you so!

My 2 cents.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX Collectiles Scout Trooper helmet
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:40 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:38 pm
Posts: 840
Location: Dracula's Castle
The EFX Scout is on its way to me. I'll take comparison shots with RS and LW when it arrives


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX Collectiles Scout Trooper helmet
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:52 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:51 pm
Posts: 511
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Turrican wrote:
To me it just not looks like a professional company works.
It's also not the fault cause of Chinese factory workers may not can do it better.
That's complete nonsense and just poor excuse of beeing not able to run a professional company.

My POV...efx just not know how to run a company and got exploited by guys (i not name here) which just wanted to fullfill their own collection.
They have their direct casts from screen used stuff at home and i'm sure that their stuff not look like that bunch of shit which efx is giving to their customers.

If those had gotten stuff like this i'm sure they not would say things like "oh yes it's may not perfect, but we couldn't expected more of it so it's fine".

At the other hand it's a whole joke that people still buy stuff from efx as the whole story is not new.
So i can't take them anymore serious if they are getting whiny, cause what they are getting now after 4 years is a bunch of expensive trash.

Serves you right, (I) told you so!

My 2 cents.



That's OK. We know you're taking about Gino... :lol

That's


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX Collectiles Scout Trooper helmet
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:47 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:56 pm
Posts: 1257
Location: Germany
craigjohn wrote:
Turrican wrote:
To me it just not looks like a professional company works.
It's also not the fault cause of Chinese factory workers may not can do it better.
That's complete nonsense and just poor excuse of beeing not able to run a professional company.

My POV...efx just not know how to run a company and got exploited by guys (i not name here) which just wanted to fullfill their own collection.
They have their direct casts from screen used stuff at home and i'm sure that their stuff not look like that bunch of shit which efx is giving to their customers.

If those had gotten stuff like this i'm sure they not would say things like "oh yes it's may not perfect, but we couldn't expected more of it so it's fine".

At the other hand it's a whole joke that people still buy stuff from efx as the whole story is not new.
So i can't take them anymore serious if they are getting whiny, cause what they are getting now after 4 years is a bunch of expensive trash.

Serves you right, (I) told you so!

My 2 cents.



That's OK. We know you're taking about Gino... :lol

That's


Well ...that's your interpretation. :wink:

Btw. had the opputunity to handle a efx bucket yesterday by myself.
It's really more worse as on all those pic's i have seen. :violent

I was afraid to brake the stand while putting the helmet on and of that "thing".
Never have seen a bunch of that cheap wiggly acylic stand before.

The flare of the face at the sides is ugly as hell and the face not even close a bit as it should be.
But i would not say that the flare is a casting issue, more it looks like they did the flare just to make the facemask close even a bit.

But the most important thing....that big width gap on top of the visor is totally useless, as it's really not nessary for to open and close the helmet to be that big. :ac10
It would easily work without that big gap to open and close the helmet without to scratch the dome.
Maybe a max. 5 mm gap but not more, just to be safe at the sides.
So the whole story about "we have to do this cause it's fiberglas" it's totally shit talking bullshit.

I just can recommend to each one who has one in hand to open the visor and look from the inside how much space there is, while opening.
May just cut a sheet of paper to the contour on top of the visor, so that it will close the gap flush to the helmet (with a 5mm gap not more).
Than open to see if the paper would "scratch" the dome.
You will see, that it will not. :cheers

EFX.... you just fucked this thing up. :cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX Collectiles Scout Trooper helmet
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:13 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:03 pm
Posts: 657
Location: UK
Agreed on all counts. Given the supposed pedigree that EFX used to have, the FOUR YEARS they took to deliver, and all the hyperbole from a certain diminutive fellow - they’ve rushed out what can best be described as a shocking mess.

So incredibly (and unnecessary) inaccurate and butt-ugly from above, the weird jawline flare, and to cap it all - THE VISOR DOESNT SHUT! :toothy

It’s an absolute joke and probably EFX's last helmet.

Cheers

Jez


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Blue Moon by Trent © 2007
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Hosted by Freeforum.ca, get your free forum now! TOS | Support Forums | Report a violation
buy web visitors
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums