It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:11 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Fett Helmet taper
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:40 pm 
Random avatar

Nice call Arnie!!
Ozzzie nine millimeter!!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:54 pm 

I simply don't understand how my post could be considered trolling.... It really has me at a loss.
Lets look at my point of view;
Lee posts an opinion on a topic I happen to be interested in, and extremely well versed in. 2006 I think was when I first started pestering Lee about every single shred of info about the MR project. I also owned a prototype casting that derived from one of the same helmets he painted.

I try to fill you in about some of the history, giving Lee much credit for his involvement and never being disrespectful.
I agree with almost everything he said, just disagree about what might have caused the visor pinch.
He freaks out.
I try to clarify my opinion, still maintaining respect and giving him additional praise.
You freak out. And now suddenly I'm shit stirring ...

Just at a loss.
This might have been one of the only Fett discussions to show up here on the den that I want to partake in. But what I'm hearing is nobody can discuss Fett against Lee ; least of all someone you don't like.

So there it is. Carry on Lee, I'm sure someone will back you up even if you say the helmets were originally made of cheese. Because anyone who doesn't agree is clearly a troll.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:31 pm 

Do i understand correct so far that Lee worked on the prototype MR helmet and paint the prototype , or did i miss something?
Just wondering, cause it seems other guys which were not direcly invovled seems to know more about that work as he do.
Just asking...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:18 pm 

Yeah you understand. Good job keeping up.

I never said I knew more than Lee, this is not a goddamn pissing contest for me.
He is fully entitled to all awe and respect for his work and I have not, and will not infringe that. He is the painter and he did a wonderful job. He also brought up and interesting point about the shape of the original helmets. I agree about that shape causing some distortion depending on how the visor goes in.
I just happen to disagree with his THEORY about the MR Production visor pinch based upon experience, photo proof, my casting of his paintmaster etc. and offered some theories and observations of my own. My theory doesn't even fully disagree with his! We both think the pinch was caused by improper visor installation. We just differ on exactly Why.
AND neither of us knows for sure.

You can agree with him if you like, I won't take it as a personal insult. I just hope maybe you had a reason for disagreeing with me. This is how discussion works.
Why do You think the pinch occurred? Perhaps you have an experience or info you would like to add?
This is not a hard concept to grasp I feel.
I didn't realize that topics posted in a discussion forum were not allowed to be discussed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:39 pm 
Random avatar

Discussion... Not arguementative debate.

Spend some time in your meditiation chamber hey?

Chill down + come back happy

"Be a lover not a fighter"

Mick

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:53 pm 

Turrican. I painted and worked on the two master prototypes for MR. Another artist was chosen ahead of me but for whatever reason they asked me to take it on. I also painted the protoypes for the Fett blaster both large and mini and I was the first artist chosen for the X-wing in which I had to scratch build parts and paint two prototypes in 5 days. If you want to know more or see photos let me know.

KB he is the one of the first individuals to risk publicly defending me in anything.

I get many PM's. But many in the hobby live in fear of speaking up since it brings a heavy wrath from certain groups. I, and others have seen this happen on several boards. Heck even scale modeling has a dark side to it. Fortunately, I think the hobby has been around long enough, and many are starting to find information on their own, rather than accepting whatever is told to them.

Are they really any experts in this hobby? I do not know. I do know a lot about Fett. Am I an expert? No. Have I devoted years studying this character? Yes.

Typically, you stand for and with some people I do not wish to associate with anymore. Many know you and how you operate and what you stand for. I am banned from the TDH and RPF for standing up for the little guy and exposing the purveyance of lies and BS from certain members of those boards. I didn't agree with certain things and did not like some of the policy changes. I chose not to accept the new board rules of the RPF when new owners took it over, so I was “self-banned” as a result. This was posted publicly. Nothing to hide there.

From what I have been told you are perceived as a 'know it all expert' and a troll. From my experience on the MPPC , you took the opportunity to take pot shots and stabs and caused issues...that is why you were banned. You were given the opportunity to start with a clean slate, but you continued to spread nonsense where you could, causing trouble and drama. Anyone could see your intent. You were banned because that nonsense belongs elsewhere, not on the MPPC. Who wants to deal with that? Not many.

Sorry to be so harsh and I actually said more than I wanted to but then again never expect me to operate from any other place than one who does not respect your motivations. Yes you have motivations and they are easy to see. Your actions in the past have done this. You ran back and forth to people and told them all kinds of things that were going on at the MPPC. Doing so you violated the user agreement (one more reason for the ban). Sorry, but you cannot always run around the rules.

In life there is always another side to the story. You were told one side, and in all honestly, refused to listen to the other. It happens. I can handle myself. I know what I have done in this hobby. I know what others have done. I worry about myself. My name has been slandered, yet my contributions speak volumes over that noise. Not trying to sound egotistical (I know it does, sorry), but you can only deal with so much nonsense. The people I call friends operate from their own fruition and freewill with no expectations of support for or from me. They are my friends because they have values and honor something you need to learn before you call me all upset and pissed off because you don't have a copy of my helmet and then PM me to brag you already have a copy, even when I told you I didn't care and I still don't. Obviously there is a problem, and it is not mine. That is why your actions sometimes you bug and annoy people.

Some of the people you associate with won’t They won't tell you that but I will. It would be best to reconsider where you operate from become a leader and stop being a minion that is the best advice I can give you. I want to like you but you make it so hard. Try rethinking where you are and I would be happy to be at the table to talk a civil intelligent friendship...walk on your own two feet and stop living on your knees to others.

I really hate to have a post like this. But I'm taking care of my own issues and not letting someone else have to defend me publicly. If I jumped into you I hope the above explains why.

The first little bit of my consulting agreement is below for validation.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:07 am 

Private conversation removed-The Den Staff
Rogue Studio wrote:
KB he is the one of the first individuals to risk publicly defending me in anything.

Thank you for acknowledging that for the record.

Rogue Studio wrote:
From my experience on the MPPC , you took the opportunity to take pot shots and stabs and caused issues...that is why you were banned. You were given the opportunity to start with a clean slate, but you continued to spread nonsense where you could, causing trouble and drama. Anyone could see your intent.

Lee, what would be my motivation for spreading nonsense? Have I ever tried to promote TDH or the RPF over your site? Have I ever claimed that I knew more than you and your friends? I'm in my circles, you have yours. And yet we share the same interest and often come by the same information in different ways. I give you credit for everything you discover, and your friends shit on me for everything I try to discover.
I worked my ass off making a set of damn accurate Fett ears and your friends tore me apart for it. I was accused of copying your ears which was not true and needled to the extent that I did indeed lose my temper with some members. But not you.
Yes at that point I tried to point out that the ears I had worked on were the only ears made to date that included all of the accurate features, even if they were smaller to fit the GMH.
I never said the GMH was better than your helmet. I never came out swinging saying "Look at how much better my ears are!" All I was looking for was some recognition from some of the very few people on the planet who could appreciate what I had done.
After being accused and abused to breaking, I did start a pissing contest with Chris because I truly wondered if he, or any of you guys knew what you claimed to since no one has shown off anything close to what I made and were shitting all over my stuff like it was no good. I really want to see what you have made!
I have now shared all the secret details which I discovered for myself, there is nothing left to hide. So please show something if you have it! And I truly mean that in a non combative way. I will be the first to congratulate you because I am one of the few who could recognize and appreciate it!
See our Facebook conversation after my ban:
Looks just like what I have said here, I'm not trying to rewrite history. Note I confirm my ears are off in some areas but I am proud of the details?

Rogue Studio wrote:
Yes you have motivations and they are easy to see. Your actions in the past have done this. You ran back and forth to people and told them all kinds of things that were going on at the MPPC. Doing so you violated the user agreement (one more reason for the ban). Sorry, but you cannot always run around the rules.

You tell me Lee, what are my motivations? They are so easy for everyone else to see but me. What is my master plan? Piss everyone off and then I will be the king of my own island? That just doesn't add up my friend.
Yes I "ran back and forth" passing secret info about your forum. That's what you think was going on? Maybe you are familiar with something called a phone call. Its were two people, usually friends, talk to one another about the things going on in their lives. It's where I say something like "Oh I almost forgot,You'll never believe what drama is going on at the MPPC" and they'll say " :rolleyes Oh this should be good!"
I told Steve on the phone that I wasn't aware of that part of the user agreement and tried to explain that I wasn't just running info for people. Sorry but you guys aren't That interesting and frankly there was no secret info for me to convey even if I wanted to.

Rogue Studio wrote:
- you need to learn before you call me all upset and pissed off because you don't have a copy of my helmet and then PM me to brag you already have a copy, even when I told you I didn't care and I still don't.

I haven't called you since before my ban in July. I have FB messaged you though.

Aug.19th 2012

Nov.2nd 2012

Is this me all upset and pissed? Am I bragging to you or taunting you in any way? I was giving you fair warning I was finally getting one and even finding out how pissed you would be if it was copied it so I could turn it into a finished version for myself. You have always maintained you would get me one, and encouraged me to buy one if I could find it.
How could I even try to lord it over you if you were ok with me having one?

Don't rewrite history Lee.

Private conversation removed - The Den Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:35 am 

My apologies to the people reading who have nothing to do with all this historical drama. I never intended to steer Lee's thread so far off course and drag this stuff out again.

I am willing to go back to the original topic. Here is the pertinent part of my original post again.

Midnight Trooper wrote:
On the visor pinch; mostly I agree with you Lee.
That mandible juts out on the real helmets, less so on the ESB since the visor is so closely fitted.(possibly contributing to a bit of extra flair as pointed out)
But the MR prototypes did not have it. I think the taper problem occurred when they messed with the visor installation method. Either a new mold master was made which had improper visor installation (tapered) or could it even be each time a visor is glued in? Mick, did it pop into shape when you took the visor out?

Anyone care to further explore these mysteries?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:13 am 

@ Lee:

Thanks for comming back and for the infos. :salut
I realy would like to know more about that helmet.
Who sculpted/ made the mould for the helmet for MR?
Are you also were in the LFL archives to have a look at some other props as the ones MR choose to make ?

@ midnight trooper:

In my eyes you act like a childish kid.How old are you, 15 ?
Look to your new thread. Is this all realy necessary? I think no.
To post screen caps from a personal conversion is also not very nice.
It's like the games " a guy i not want to name now" always like to play.
It sounds like the "my dick is bigger than yours" game.
If you feel only to get pissed of by other guys here in the board, just leave it or don't post anymore.
What goes around comes back around

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:41 am 
Random avatar

I'm with you turrican. MT- have a cold shower ?

Lee, I'd like to know more about your MR xwing creation, how you kit bashed it together in 4 days? Paint job photos also.

Cheers mick
Turrican wrote:
@ Lee:

Thanks for comming back and for the infos. :salut
I realy would like to know more about that helmet.
Who sculpted/ made the mould for the helmet for MR?
Are you also were in the LFL archives to have a look at some other props as the ones MR choose to make ?

@ midnight trooper:

In my eyes you act like a childish kid.How old are you, 15 ?
Look to your new thread. Is this all realy necessary? I think no.
To post screen caps from a personal conversion is also not very nice.
It's like the games " a guy i not want to name now" always like to play.
It sounds like the "my dick is bigger than yours" game.
If you feel only to get pissed of by other guys here in the board, just leave it or don't post anymore.
What goes around comes back around

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:03 pm 

God its like pulling teeth.
What do I have that I could play "mines bigger "with?
Lets make this easy :
Lee has the best helmet casting.
Lee 's work with the paint is still inspiring.
Lee's work with MR is commendable.
Lee's experience researching the character is unquestioned.

But other people research too.
I just happen to disagree with one little point he made about the MR pinch.
Holy shit I guess I'll never do that again.

My first post which was totally without aggression and full of praise for Lee got me blamed for being a troll etc.
I try my damned to proove to you people that I am not just stirring things up and actually have a reason for wanting to discuss the topic, and I "need to chill out "
I return the topic to the original derailment point, and I am playing "mine's bigger "
I start a separate thread to avoid further derailment because even though my crappy video deals with the points both Lee and I made, I knew I would be blamed for trying to hog the limelight or something.
I don't want to be at the top of the shitpile folks. I don't care who's is bigger. I just want to discuss topics that interest me that I have info or knowledge about.

Your floor Lee. Please ignore my post and
just answer their questions.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:00 pm 

Whew saving PM's....totally exposed yourself there dude. I'll let others make their own judgments on that but from my perspective..stalker and creepy comes to mind...oh yeah and trust...you just unquestionably proved you can't be trusted. You validated my perceptions to me and everyone else here thank you saved me the trouble.

Lets get this back on track...

The MR helmet was scanned (I have a photo of it being scanned but I need to locate it). After it was scanned they increased the size of the helmet about 3-4% this was for the mass production and molding of the piece and to allow shrinkage so technically it may or may not be slightly larger or smaller than a real helmet (In my observation it was very close). The rangefinder side is off for sure since they corrected some wonky and the MR ears are wider than a real set on the RF side. I'll be posting some info on the Fett blaster and I'll post on the MR helmet as well in other topics. The MR helmet was the best attempt at that point for a decent helmet for everyone. The factory really didn't care if it got anything accurate that even means colors and the like.

Lee

Found the image..

Attachment:
IMGP7147.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:44 pm 

Here's the MR next to a primered casting of my helmet. I took these on the day it arrived and I'm in the process of disassembling the helmet and getting ready to strip it. I have to say the artist that had it first is very talented but Fett helmets weren't his thing, I just wanted to say that so it's not thought he couldn't do it.

Lee

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:50 pm 
Random avatar

Reading all these infos shows me just one thing....i know absolutely nothing about this helmet which is a shame since its my next favorite bad guy behind the dark lord :rolleyes .
I would be really interested in knowing how the helmets like FP deluxe, MR, GMH and your cast compare to each other and if there are any other authentic casts out there. Something seems to be revealed soon, otherwise Gino wouldnt have sold his helmet or am i wrong with that opinion?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:14 pm 

I agree Gino sold his for a reason, but for what reason I do not know. He did do a lot of rework to the helmet to give it that mythical 'flare' and cleaned it up and idealized it to a point that it was not worth keeping to him (I didn't care for what he did to it but hey it was his to do what he wished). But surely he has a replacement and since he works with eFX you do the math.

Hopefully soon the blood lust for a really nice helmet may soon be over...:)

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next