It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: TM-Based ROTJ Darth Vader Helmet Project
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:30 am 
Random avatar

The ebay seller sold a zorg helmet/recast a few days ago and Zorg posted this pitifon guy would be a member on the RPF but forgot his nickname. Perhaps its possible to find out his board name.

I contacted the seller on ebay and he told me he got it in a trade (old story). I really would like to get this cleared. So every original owner (only 8) still has his cast in his possession?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:14 am 

Oh, is it a recast? I thought one of the original owners was selling theirs.

Cheers,

Kraig

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:06 am 
Random avatar

HI Kraig,
if any of the original owners still have their helmets than this is a recast or the one wich was "lost" in transit. So it would be nice if every owner would make a statement if he still has his helmet. I looked at the sellers photobucket account and the cast looks very sharp, just the paintjob is a bit suspect for me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:27 am 

Maybe DIF can chime in and say what he thinks of the whole situation? It seems strange that he didn't receive two very nice castings of a helmet and what ever else he was sent? I'm not jumping to conclusions as that would not be fair, but........
Were these items sent with tracking numbers? It would be a little silly not to have seeing as the importance of them.......

On a lighter note we had a baby girl last night at 7.45pm 7.7lbs/3.5Kgs Jaimie Diana Edwards..... We named her middle name after my mum who sadly passed away a month ago....... :thumbsup

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:50 am 
Random avatar

Hey mate....congrats :thumbsup The name sounds great and i'm sure your mother would be proud.

Regarding the DIF....only one cast was sent to him...the very first and finished. There is only a parcel number existing not a real tracking number....but the whole deal was ......... :rolleyes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:40 am 

Congratulations! I still have to wait 1 1/2 months for our 2nd daughter :-)

...and I still have my helmet.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:53 am 

Congratulation Sskunky for this very good news :thumbsup

for the TM JEDI , I still have mine in my possession .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:22 am 
Random avatar

Here is the answer i got from this pitifon guy:

Hi.

Thanks for these informations.

Since I don't have a true knowledge about Vader's helmets, I made some research about this TM helmet (I always thought that TM were only fan made stormtroopers helmets).
Thus it seems that this helmet is pretty rare.

When I got this helmet, it was a trade between it and a stormtrooper helmet. The guy were from Australia.

I received the helmet painted. I kept it a long time in his box. Too busy with other projects (mainly stormtroopers helmets).
Some months ago, I finally decided to finish it. I made the mistake to use a varnish (in order to make it shiny as a glass) which had a bad reaction with the paint of the helmet. Thus I had to sand it.
But it was too long to get a perfect finish and I've been a little bit disgusted. So I decided to use it as a test for a chrome paint (C 3PO project).

I saw a topic on RPF about my previous sale ( Zorg C 3PO helmet). I thank you for the "good" words about me. But I can understand why you wrote this. To reassure you, it was a real Zorg helmet and not a recast. I bought it from him and he contacted me to get more details.

Now for the Vader helmet, if you say that it is a recast of a limited helmet, I trust you. I don't know the subtleties between each Vader movies helmets or each fan made, thus I'm not going to discuss your comments.
I don't want to be considered as a recaster since I'm not. I had many troopers helmets like GINO, TE2, TE, CFO or RSprop and never copied them.

Maybe I should keep this helmet if you say that it has a good lineage. But if it's a recast, it doesn't solve the problem.

- pitifon

Von: niob2302
An: pitifon
Betreff: Objet : Détails de l'objet : niob2302 a envoyé un message concernant l'objet Star Wars Darth Vader helmet Dark Vador casque prop chrome no stormtrooper n° 280776310918
Sendedatum: 25-nov.-11 06:20:24 Paris

Cher(ère) pitifon,

HI,
could you please tell me who the former owner is? Perhaps i know him. This helmet is from a very limited run a friend of mine made and i need to know the original owner. Otherwise this is clearly a recast of this helmet....the TM ROTJ. So if you havent recast this helmet than it was his former owner and i would like to contact him because of this bullshit.Every original owner stated that he is still in the possession of his helmet so this must be a recast. Since you are a member on the RPF it would be nice to get this thing cleared before selling it. Was this a raw cast or was the helmet painted?

Thanks in advance

Nick

De : pitifon
A : niob2302
Objet : Betreff: Details zum Artikel: niob2302 hat eine Nachricht zu Star Wars Darth Vader helmet Dark Vador casque prop chrome no stormtrooperArtikelnummer 280776310918 gesendet.
Date de l'envoi : 24.11.11 21:42:07 MEZ

Hallo niob2302,

Hi.Thanks.I really don't know its origins or lineage.I got it in a trade. I'm not really a Vader expert and my priority is the trooper (even if I really like Vader and would love to have all the helmet in my collection).I thought that it would be the first, but finally I didn't had the time to finish it as a real Vader helmet.Thus, I used it for my paint test.

- pitifon

Von: niob2302
An: pitifon
Betreff: Détails de l'objet : niob2302 a envoyé un message concernant l'objet Star Wars Darth Vader helmet Dark Vador casque prop chrome no stormtrooper n° 280776310918
Sendedatum: 24-nov.-11 19:35:40 Paris

Cher(ère) pitifon,

what are the origins of this helmet?

Cheers

So this helmet is coming from Australia if its right what pitifon is saying.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:29 pm 

If it's the missing helmet and the story is true that's a pretyy bad deal. A fully finished TM for a TK lid?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:44 pm 
Site Admin

sskunky wrote:
On a lighter note we had a baby girl last night at 7.45pm 7.7lbs/3.5Kgs Jaimie Diana Edwards..... We named her middle name after my mum who sadly passed away a month ago....... :thumbsup

Congrats man. Amongst the bad comes a ray of good. Stay strong. :cheers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:18 pm 

Congrats on the girl.

Can't someone confirm it is a TM ROTJ and not a copy by looking at the photo of the inside of the dome? One should be able to tell by the resin or the fiberglass weave if it is one of Jesper's, or???

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:44 pm 

Congratulations sskunky! Excellent news!

Nice investigation work Darth Niob.

So he says that he got it from Australia? Interesting! In all honesty, I don't think I would swap ANY trooper helmet for a limited run of an accurate Vader helmet. It makes me lean toward it being a recast. But the proof will be in the pudding if, as Thomas suggested, he shows the inside of it.

I really hate to say this, but recasting is rife in Aus. It's hard to battle it and a lot of the costuming clubs don't care and sometimes recommend the recasts as a "Cheap alternative" :disg TPE, a maker here in Aus will only sell completed (glued and screwed) helmets because of this. So, there's a possibility that someone's recast a Vader here too... it makes me want to do this :banger

Cheers,

Kraig

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:32 pm 

Auction was cancelled.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:15 am 

Darth Niob wrote:
I contacted the seller on ebay and he told me he got it in a trade (old story).

sounds very familiar to me :wink:

Regarding the ROTJ TM - I still have mine (and will never part with it).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:34 am 

yakcam wrote:
But the proof will be in the pudding if, as Thomas suggested, he shows the inside of it.

Cheers, Kraig, he actually did....

And he also has many other photos on his gallery that should clearly indicate who this guy is, I even remember seeing one of these before on RPF (the first one).....

His story sounds too complicated, contrived. Someone must know this guy from these photos. And someone must be able to tell from the inside of the dome if this is Jespers or not.

As far as I am concerned, the onus is on him to provide information insofar as who specifically he got this from, otherwise he is responsible for trying to sell what is either a recast or an unauthorized helmet sale.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next