It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Is GINOS Yoda Photoshoped?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:14 am 

I tend to agree. Seems like a waste of energy to me. I do fun stuff like this all the time. If I claimed something was authentic that I actually photoshop-augmented that would be different; but all it would reveal in this particular case is something untrustworthy about someone that I already know is untrustworthy, based on many other incidences in the past.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:44 pm 

Defstartrooper wrote:

Thomas regarding your earlier post with regards the indoor vs outdoor horizon vs window reflection in the eye is it possible what you state as an horizon reflection could just be the same window with a blind partially pulled down ?
I'm no photo expert heck i'm not even an avid amateur but that struck me from a purely logical sense to be more probable than an horizon.
My reason for this is if we assume you are correct and the rectangular light reflection is a window why would the "window" reflection be identical in size to the one you called an horizon ? surely an horizon would be entirely different wouldn't it ?

Yes I'm not 100% sure about the horizon. Although if you think about how photographs taken with a fisheye lens turn out, everything becomes very small. It appears he is in a location with trees as there are breaks in the sky. For the breaks to cover that much of the eye, his house would have to have some pretty big holes in the roof :lol .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:56 pm 

The point of this is - Gino said he hadn't tampered with those images.... when he quite clearly has. Yet another piece of proof that he lies.... Makes us wonder why anyone sides with this guy let alone employs him! :rolleyes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:06 am 

PS.... I'm also pretty certain that he's also manipluated the appearance, in PS, of my V2 Yoda sculpture to make it look better. With this in mind I'm actually beginning to think hes done this with a lot of his work in the past to try and distort the truth in a visual sense aswell as being very good at blowing out of proportion how good his props actually are.... No that image I posted earlier is just the tip of the iceberg I think.... But yes, whats the point? The point is hes distorting peoples opinions of himself as being the best that there at everything.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:36 am 

cyberman wrote:
The point of this is - Gino said he hadn't tampered with those images.... when he quite clearly has. Yet another piece of proof that he lies.... Makes us wonder why anyone sides with this guy let alone employs him! :rolleyes

To be fair Phil you believed him and did several projects with him and it's not like people weren't saying he doesn't give the full story or manipulates the truth before you entered into those deals with him, it's not a revelation that's come to light just recently.
It wasn't until you got stung personally that you realised maybe all the previous stories weren't just bitterness from jealous rivals.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:32 pm 

Well kind of true... However Chris King warned me about him ages ago (said if you're working on anything with Gino beware - He'll always try and gain credit for anything and never likes to pay for anything either... and also beware that if you're involved with Gino a lot of people won't want to have anything to do with you)... However, I really only thought of him as a voice of wisdom and support and if he was onboard my projects it would give my work more crediblity...

He would often say on the phone that he don't get along with such n such so I guess he did manipulate me quite a bit i.e.... He would say I really want you to side with me against Trap Joe aka Jorg or promise never to have any dealings with these guys etc etc... He would make up stories which I honestly never really paid much attention but the little bits I did pick up was enough to get me annoyed if I saw Gino apparently being picked on by as he put it "bitter jealous people"... Art Andrews and others are now being strung along by him are doing just the same... thinking I'm just bitter or something because Ginos not crediting me or me wanting to steal all the glory away from Ginos very important involvement... HA!!!.

Defstartrooper wrote:
cyberman wrote:

To be fair Phil you believed him and did several projects with him and it's not like people weren't saying he doesn't give the full story or manipulates the truth before you entered into those deals with him, it's not a revelation that's come to light just recently.
It wasn't until you got stung personally that you realised maybe all the previous stories weren't just bitterness from jealous rivals.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:48 pm 

cyberman wrote:
PS.... I'm also pretty certain that he's also manipluated the appearance, in PS, of my V2 Yoda sculpture to make it look better. With this in mind I'm actually beginning to think hes done this with a lot of his work in the past to try and distort the truth in a visual sense aswell as being very good at blowing out of proportion how good his props actually are.... No that image I posted earlier is just the tip of the iceberg I think.... But yes, whats the point? The point is hes distorting peoples opinions of himself as being the best that there at everything.

I don't know whether this particular shot has been tampered with. But would I put it past him to tamper with shots to make his stuff look good? - No, I absolutely believe he would do that.

Not only that but in his own distorted reality he'd convince HIMSELF that it was ok since "only he knows the true intent of what he is trying to achieve". In his own heart I think he believes he is an entirely honorable man :rolleyes

I was so incensed over his clear lies over "casting an original TIE Helmet" scam that I continued to push and he backed down. However I understand from a 3rd party that he was frustrated by my approach since he felt he'd played it 100% straight. He HADN'T cast a TIE, but he HAD cast a Stormtrooper faceplate and possible genuine X Wing Hemispheres and then recast/part fabricated the ears and mohawk). To him they amounted to the same thing since it was HIM doing it :violent

I am amazed at how many people I've met in this hobby who deeeply regret ever working with him.

Cheers

Jez

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:22 pm 

Jez, I meet you once and I know you to be very calm and very genuine... For Gino to get you annoyed like he has with me just shows how bad this guy really is and gives a level of respect for showing ones annoyance!

One other bit of info - going back to Trap Joe (Jorg).... Gino said I DON'T want you talking to him... however I refused to obey and said if he not done me no harm why should I side with Gino against him... Jorgs Yoda was the inspiration for my own version and the man is clearly leagues more talented than Gino ever would be. I would ask Gino - what is it thats upset him so much about Jorg - he would reply with no idea. Anyway later I found out that Gino had used Jorgs Vader helmet as the template for his version touting it as from a mystery source and claimed it to be F1 from original molds.

One project that gino and I were to be working on together next was going to be a snowtrooper helmet. I was to sculpt it and he was going to provide me with all the reference and give me very clear guidance... I wonder if this was going to be touted as F1 from original molds :disg

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:32 am 
Random avatar

What helmet Gino used from Jörg? 20th Century casts? Now thats really interesting ...cast of original :rolleyes :lol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:04 am 

none of this surprises me. :banger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:42 am 

cyberman wrote:
One other bit of info - going back to Trap Joe (Jorg).... Gino said I DON'T want you talking to him... however I refused to obey and said if he not done me no harm why should I side with Gino against him... Jorgs Yoda was the inspiration for my own version and the man is clearly leagues more talented than Gino ever would be. I would ask Gino - what is it thats upset him so much about Jorg - he would reply with no idea. Anyway later I found out that Gino had used Jorgs Vader helmet as the template for his version touting it as from a mystery source and claimed it to be F1 from original molds.

For what, his ANH Vader helmet? I was always convinced it was a copy of a VP mask with modified GH dome. What helmet did Jorg have and did Gino get permission to use Jorg's helmet?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:13 am 

Anybody have seen this till yet?
http://www.youtube.com/user/starwarslif ... ture=watch

Got a mail from a member here on the board with this link

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:19 am 

Turrican wrote:
Anybody have seen this till yet?
http://www.youtube.com/user/starwarslif ... ture=watch

Got a mail from a member here on the board with this link

Is there a mention of Cyberman there?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:07 pm 
Random avatar

Come on man...thats all Gino's work :lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:30 am 

Darth Niob wrote:
Come on man...thats all Gino's work :lol

But of course LOL :toothy

Profile E-mail