It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:49 am 
Random avatar
Ohhh :banger My Brain is starting to Hurt!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:19 pm 

Quite a few, but also some measurements were kindly provided by helmet owners...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:42 pm 

SithLord wrote:
The VP is bigger than 20tC/SPFX/JB V2 because it's from an original ROTJ casting...but by the time of ROTJ they might have remolded and lost a bit of size. Because there's a noticable difference between ROTJ and ANH/ESB.

Thomas where did you hear the VP came from a ROTJ casting?
Were you told this or is it a conclusion you came to yourself?

It came from an original mould in Elstree studios - it wasn't copied from a helmet.
All the cleanup was done by the guy that did the cast - when it came out of the mould the tabs were completely intact for instance.
Any missing detail is due to the fact the prop maker cleaned the cast for promo use as opposed to the detail being absent in the mould.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:54 pm 
Random avatar

Hi,

Anson the clean up work on the VP master was not done for promotional work I believe it was done because the prop maker was going to clean up the master and the paint it for a display piece for himself he just didn't bother cleaning it up that much and left it sitting for years in storage.

The LFL mould was used for the VP master and there was a helmet made for the promotional work from the VP master that got painted and fully finished off and was used for the promotion in the early / mid nineties. I might have a (bad) pic of the Vader that was used in the promotion from a magazine of that time. I will look for the pic.

I have no idea how much clean up the one used for the promotion had done to it but I would imagine a lot to get it looking good for the public to see.

Just for a bit of clarity.

Cheers Chris.