It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:44 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Natsume Reiko from the anime natsume yuujinchou
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:09 am 
Site Admin

After watching the anime I always wanted to sculpt the tragic Natsume Reiko, who could see monsters and was ostracized by the people around her because of that. The show follows her grandson who has the same ability and is on his way down the same path as Reiko when things change and the show is about him growing and finding a way to live in both worlds.

Ever since I saw this image I knew this was the piece I wanted to make:

Taking one of my failed sculpts from various other projects I started working. That's why the pose isn't exact. I started with the basic shape, to get that right, before adding clothes and details. I've however found that I may need to slim the whole piece down a bit, but the current look would work great for a Leia sculpt, so I'm going to mold and make a cast, before reworking this one. Maybe it's even worth starting from scratch, but we'll see how things go.

I work slow... so updates will sometimes be far apart.

Post subject: Re: Natsume Reiko from the anime Natsume Yuujinch
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

Forgot to show the majestic being Madara that is trapped inside a clay Lucky Cat doll form and walks around like that and wants to be called Sensei until he gets serious and turns into his true form. Natsume Takashi - Reiko's grandson - frees him from his entrapment and they form a sort of partnership, where Nyanko Sensei as Takashi calls him, wants to be master and Takashi his slave, but for the most part, it's the other way around, if not more like equals. He loves food and to drink sake, lots of sake, so during the progress I decided to sculpt him holding on to a sake bottle with both forelimbs, as if he's just pulled it out of the closet and getting ready to pop it open and party, instead of the standard cat pose with both forelimbs straight down in front. Thought this change encapsulated his character completely.

Haven't attached both forelimbs and I'll have to reposition the one I've already attached to hold on to the base of the bottle instead of resting on the floor. Once I've done that I'll bulk him up and make him as fat and lovely as he is in the show. His true form is cool, but would be way too big to sculpt in sixth scale.

Post subject: Re: Natsume Reiko from the anime natsume yuujinchou
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

WOW, I completely forgot I'd made this thread. Since then I've started over with a new body, smaller, thinner, as she's supposed to be a fourteen-fiteen year old girl when we see her in the flashbacks. Sculpting wise I'm about the amount I was with the last sculpt and have started on the likeness, starting with sculpting a set of teeth that will be visible in her slightly open relaxed mouth. Gonna be interesting to see whether I can actually sculpt a girl's head... that looks like a girl... and not some gargoyle like my earlier attempts from several years ago.

The picture below is an older image. I just did it to show the difference in size and shape to the previous sculpt. I've refined the new sculpt a lot more since then.

I've also gotten a bit longer with the cat and had to sculpt a new baseball bat as well, as the other one was too large - even for the other body I was sculpting.