It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Star Wars: Chronicles
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:09 pm 
Site Admin

Note: The Prop Den review is based on one person's opinion which can vary. The review is independent as a fan and avid collector.

Review

This is perhaps my personal favourite of my collection. It’s still highly sought after and while two versions can be obtained, either version is a must have for any serious Star Wars fan. When it was first released it was amongst the first book that showed us how to combine photography with text in a visually beautiful way. This book looks at the original trilogy and it gives you fantastic reference into the behind the scene props.

Verdict

If there is one Star Wars book to purchase than this is it. Perhaps for the serious collectors instead of a basic level of interest to warrant the price.

Rating:

5 out of 5 -Highly Recommended

Price: £120+

Available from: Amazon,ebay.

Brief Description:

This volume provides the complete history of the "Star Wars" universe. It goes behind the scenes at the Lucasfilm studios to look at the special effects, the costumes, masks, robots, alien creatures, spaceships and the characters themselves at each stage of their development.

Author: Deborah Fine,Take Shobo
Hardcover: 320 pages
Publisher: Virgin Books; Film tie-in edition edition (16 Jan 1997)
Language English

Reviews statuemodellarge-figure-review-section-vf203.html

Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Chronicles
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:45 pm 

By far the best SW book ever published. I enjoy paging thru it on a regular basis. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:59 pm 

I only have the Japanese version, and boy, was it expensive... I think over $300 in 1997; and I had to special order it at the time... But later I meant to get the English translation... I wish I could read it. Great reference book! Probably the best, as an overall collection.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:08 pm 

Honestly for ANH prop enthusiasts, this is the prop bible in my collection. Best bang for the buck of any book in my collection no question. I have literally worn out the binding and I don't think I've used any book in my collection even a fraction of the extent of this one book. Many of the props are documented from every angle and multiple views. Awesome resource!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:33 am 

I love this book, it has so much cool stuff in it, it is hard to be beaten. The Making of SW trio and Sculpting a Galaxy from the point of view of a prop collector and SW fan only complete it but do not defeat it.

Profile E-mail