It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Star Wars: the Complete Visual Dictionary
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:38 pm 
Site Admin

Note: The Prop Den review is based on one person's opinion which can vary. The review is independent as a fan and avid collector.

Review

I have each of these books as they came to publication and they each have a different cover to accompany them. I also have this ensemble of the dictionaries combined but for now I’ll cover these as one book to save many separate reviews.

The visual dictionary is a popular option as it continues to cater as a basic guide to characters with little depth given to the write up. It’s just a standard marketing book that is good to keep within a collection.

Verdict

No thrills attached visual dictionaries combined into one complete set. I prefer the separate entries but as an overall it’s worth having it all in one place instead of several different books.

Rating 3.5 out of 5 - Recommended (Just)

Brief Description:

In a universe far, far away, the definitive guide to Star Wars was created We've storm-trooped our way around Lucasfilm to get the inside and the dark side of all six Star Wars films including incredible behind-the-scenes stories. Meet and greet every character, droid, creature and alien from Obi-Wan, to Yoda, from the Arena Beasts to Jabba-The-Hutt (and his entourage). Explore every starship and get up close to a multitude of weapons in this amazing guide. Includes every planet from Coruscant to Mustafar, plus a close look at Clone troopers equipment and battle tanks. Over 1,000 amazing shots plus never-seen-before material takes you right inside the movies, see the original R2D2, get up close to a Sarlacc from Return of the Jedi, (look into the stomach – it takes 1,000 years for the digestive tract to work – yuk!) and see things from classic Star Wars and Revenge of the Sith as you never have before.

Hardcover: 272 pages
Publisher: Dorling Kindersley (5 Oct 2006)
Language English
Author: Ryder Windham

Reviews statuemodellarge-figure-review-section-vf203.html

Post subject: Re: Star Wars: the Complete Visual Dictionary
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:13 pm 

Like you I got all the individual books included. Sadly we used to use it for reference on the RPF yet later on we found that many of the props in the book were created after the fact for the book itself. Still fun to look at and envision what these props were designed to do and internal components revealed. Not for accurists exactly, but still some really pretty pictures.

Post subject: Re: Star Wars: the Complete Visual Dictionary
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:34 am 

I only wanted the OT book, very cool one

Profile E-mail