It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:04 am

All times are UTC


THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Darthvaderv ANH helmet and armor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:00 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 3112
So having been on this forum for a while, naturally there is discussion about authentic Vader stuff and invariably there is the question about sources and authenticity. I think it is fair that when presenting something for the first time on the forum, that there is some information about the source of the casting so that others can evaluate it from more than just the standpoint of how it looks because as we've seen before, looks can be deceiving.

So, to this end, it would be nice to know, even in a more general sense (I don't need names), what the source is of the Darthvaderv ANH helmet and armor? The armor was presented for sale in a locked thread, and I am not sure why because how can a potential buyer ask a question? If only by PM then why present something in public?

It would be no different if I offer a new helmet for sale and say it is authentic without offering anything in the way of background to support that. I don't think that would be received very well here.

I know that Paul has offered some very excellent pieces, but I have yet to hear anything in regard to the sources of these pieces.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Darthvaderv ANH helmet and armor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:15 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:26 am
Posts: 274
thats a very good point Thomas,
i agree.
if they are offering it in public it should be public knowledge on the source of what makes it authentic.
and members should be allowed to ask questions publicly about it and get answers publicly.
unless of course it was locked due to incriminating acts.?? im only speculating why it would be locked.
not implying that there is something shady going on about it. i dont know.
but that does seem odd to me the thread would be locked if its for sale.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Darthvaderv ANH helmet and armor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:25 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:25 pm
Posts: 2837
Thomas your post is a surprise and a blatent act of jealousy. If I come in and say my display is the best ever and if that keeps changing with compulsive arrogance while talking down to others than fine, question it as we have done others.
If you or anyone else does not want to buy anything, don't! I've been selling for long enough to trusted people that trust me in return and still come back to me all these years later. This is all because of the SL is it?
Well if you want me to dissect that in public like you've attacked me in this thread than fine. I had the respect and integrity to keep the majority of my opinions to myself I have never put you under the microscope but more than anyone else I can, do you really think you know more about Vader? This subtle but obvious attack is low.
For the record why is it I take 2 years to show just a glimpse of a helmet and armour you ask yourself? It's because when some people get intimidated they do things like this. Very disappointed in you Thomas and to think I've actually gone out of my way to defend you over the years. Lesson to everyone here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Darthvaderv ANH helmet and armor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:31 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:25 pm
Posts: 2837
DynamicMenace wrote:
thats a very good point Thomas,
i agree.
if they are offering it in public it should be public knowledge on the source of what makes it authentic.
and members should be allowed to ask questions publicly about it and get answers publicly.
unless of course it was locked due to incriminating acts.?? im only speculating why it would be locked.
not implying that there is something shady going on about it. i dont know.
but that does seem odd to me the thread would be locked if its for sale.


The topic is open but I have never had to publically explain myself to you or anyone else as I'm a trusted member of this community. All because Thomas has an attack of the green eyed monster don't jump on the band wagon. If you can't see that armour is the best to date I have no idea what to tell you. What so now for the first time we can have close ups of the SL before buying it can we and ask every question we like? Yeah thought not. If I had known that all along....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Darthvaderv ANH helmet and armor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:36 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:25 pm
Posts: 2837
Oh yeah another thing, quite important really. In all my years collecting. Obtaining the best of the best, why the hell would I have any inferior products as my own display?
Disgraceful behaviour and not only transparent but idiotic.
Reminds me of the time Pete showed his Vader for the first time and Gino acted the way he did, this time I'm getting it from a so-called friend though. Don't worry Thomas if you think the SL is the best, please go on and think that, I don't recall going out of my way to say Mine's better than yours, ginos or whoever. :rolleyes
I gave Den members the chance and not just through a back door to own something that's very decent with the armour. My integrity is not in question and never has been.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Darthvaderv ANH helmet and armor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:59 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:29 am
Posts: 669
Normally I don't get involved with stuff like this but Paul is probably one of the most decent and honest guys on the forums as well as one of the most knowledgeable about Vader. His stuff is always what he says it is and I think to start a thread like this is a little below the belt.

Its fair to ask questions of course but this should have been taken to PM first.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Darthvaderv ANH helmet and armor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:18 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:25 pm
Posts: 2837
Vadermonkey wrote:
Normally I don't get involved with stuff like this but Paul is probably one of the most decent and honest guys on the forums as well as one of the most knowledgeable about Vader. His stuff is always what he says it is and I think to start a thread like this is a little below the belt.

Its fair to ask questions of course but this should have been taken to PM first.


My thoughts exactly... Thanks Mike I appreciate that :cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Darthvaderv ANH helmet and armor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:50 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 3112
Paul, this has nothing to do with whose is best or the SL, and I wouldn't take it too seriously because it is just an honest question about the source.

I've asked you twice via email where your armor is from and you ignored me.

I asked you in your ANH helmet thread what helmet is it and you ignored me.

I was seriously interested in your armor for sale, but then the thread is locked and I feel that a question like that should be permitted on a for sale thread, or any other question about an item up for sale in a public thread.

When have I ever ignored a question from you about my stuff?

That's all.

I was also going to say that we can delete this thread if it offends you and I don't mind that because I just wanted to get a simple answer to a simple question.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Darthvaderv ANH helmet and armor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:53 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 3112
Darthvaderv wrote:
Well if you want me to dissect that in public like you've attacked me in this thread than fine. I had the respect and integrity to keep the majority of my opinions to myself I have never put you under the microscope but more than anyone else I can, do you really think you know more about Vader? This subtle but obvious attack is low.
For the record why is it I take 2 years to show just a glimpse of a helmet and armour you ask yourself? It's because when some people get intimidated they do things like this. Very disappointed in you Thomas and to think I've actually gone out of my way to defend you over the years. Lesson to everyone here.



Paul, I never said nor would ever profess to know more about Vader than you do, alright. And it has nothing to do with keeping opinions or criticisms to oneself. I'm asking about your helmet and armor because I LIKE them. Because I am interested in them, in a positive way. Not because I want to tear them down.

I am just surprised how you so easily ignore my question about the sources of your stuff. I had asked you about the chestbox as well and got no reply.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Darthvaderv ANH helmet and armor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:56 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 3112
Vadermonkey wrote:
Normally I don't get involved with stuff like this but Paul is probably one of the most decent and honest guys on the forums as well as one of the most knowledgeable about Vader. His stuff is always what he says it is and I think to start a thread like this is a little below the belt.

Its fair to ask questions of course but this should have been taken to PM first.



I also have the highest regard for Paul and I think everyone here knows that. But this one thing has bothered me for a long time and I've asked both via email and here on the forum and get ignored. So I thought I would try asking here, that's all. And I think it is a fair question and it in no way is meant to place Paul in a bad light whatsoever, because he's a great guy and I simply would like an answer to my questions, even if just a vague idea? Again, I wasn't asking for names, just where is it from? What's the source?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Darthvaderv ANH helmet and armor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:59 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 3112
Darthvaderv wrote:
Oh yeah another thing, quite important really. In all my years collecting. Obtaining the best of the best, why the hell would I have any inferior products as my own display?
Disgraceful behaviour and not only transparent but idiotic.
Reminds me of the time Pete showed his Vader for the first time and Gino acted the way he did, this time I'm getting it from a so-called friend though. Don't worry Thomas if you think the SL is the best, please go on and think that, I don't recall going out of my way to say Mine's better than yours, ginos or whoever. :rolleyes
I gave Den members the chance and not just through a back door to own something that's very decent with the armour. My integrity is not in question and never has been.



I don't see anywhere in my post about what is better or not. Nor did I see anything in my post implying that anything of yours in inferior in any way. So why would you think that?

But I do not ignore a friend when he asks me a simple question like that, as you have repeatedly done to me. It isn't even the case that you say something like "well I cannot say where I got it from"....you don't even say anything.

And this isn't questioning your integrity, it is simply seeking an answer to a question.

Also, anyone can join the Den so it is a public offering.

Like I said, I was seriously interested in the armor for sale. But I'd like to know more but cannot even ask in the thread?

What if I did the same thing? Offer a piece that I never spoke about before for sale and lock the thread?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Darthvaderv ANH helmet and armor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:05 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 3112
But anyway, I can see I've upset you by this so again, if you wish, I have no problem with the mods deleting this thread and you can tell me in private. But since you are offering something in public, it is reasonable for a prospective buyer to ask this question.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Darthvaderv ANH helmet and armor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:10 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 3112
Darthvaderv wrote:
The topic is open but I have never had to publically explain myself to you or anyone else as I'm a trusted member of this community. All because Thomas has an attack of the green eyed monster don't jump on the band wagon. If you can't see that armour is the best to date I have no idea what to tell you. What so now for the first time we can have close ups of the SL before buying it can we and ask every question we like? Yeah thought not. If I had known that all along....



Paul, I've never had armor except for the GH master armor and got that from GH. I've never doubted nor questioned your armor in terms of its quality. I actually think it is the best looking armor and would highly recommend it to anyone serious about getting armor. But where is it from? So your reasoning isn't valid.

Also, as far as the SL ANH goes, its source was made clear from the beginning, from the very time I got it. In fact I went out of my way to go into as much detail as I could about where and when it was made. The only thing I haven't said is who made it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Darthvaderv ANH helmet and armor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:11 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 3112
And it is frankly disappointing to me that you would actually think this is about jealousy? That really goes to show that you don't know me really that well or probably don't care to know me.

The fact of the matter is I've tried to be as forthcoming as I can about my stuff but you've been nothing but secretive about yours.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Darthvaderv ANH helmet and armor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:26 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:26 am
Posts: 1239
Thomas, sometimes what we write does not convey what we mean or how we mean it. I can see by your posts now that it was a sincere attempt to get the answers you wanted, but initially when I read the thread I would have felt exactly the way Paul did (had it been my stuff). I also agree that it should have been left to pms and emails AND if you didn't get the response you wanted or any response at all, you should have left it alone. There are reasons why some of us keep things to ourselves, hence why you kept the fact that you owned the ebay faceplate, now known as the TD, secret for a few years (even though SPFX called you out on it many times with hardly a response from you). It's pretty simple too, if someone offers something for sale, you have the option to buy it or not even if it's under a veil of secrecy. The seller also has the right not to have to divulge that information even to the buyer if he deems it so. Again, you can buy it or not. Having said that, I would trust Paul's word over almost anyone outside of my own family and I would buy anything from him in a heartbeat if he offered something I wanted without questions to its' lineage because I know he gets top grade stuff.

Anyway, I think you've made your intentions clear and it's probably best that this thread be deleted.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Blue Moon by Trent © 2007
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Hosted by Freeforum.ca, get your free forum now! TOS | Support Forums | Report a violation
buy web visitors
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums