It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: eFX EP II Clone Trooper Helmet on sale October 14
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: eFX EP II Clone Trooper Helmet on sale October 14
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:25 pm 

Pretty much going to pick this up. eFX prices are getting a little high. With shipping and tax this one is close to $500.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:01 pm 

It has an elegance to it.... wow.... some subtleties I didn't know existed on the EpII Clone Trooper.

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

It sure looks nice. :thumbsup
BTW: are there any pics of it with the circular neck piece installed?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:24 pm 
Site Admin

I want, but not sure if I'll buy. Beautiful looking thing, though I'm mainly an OT guy. I'm torn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:06 pm 

CSMacLaren wrote:
It has an elegance to it.... wow.... some subtleties I didn't know existed on the EpII Clone Trooper.

See Mac, its an amazing thing you can do by taking a good photograph LOL as there are about a milling things wrong with it as well LOL..

I wont be buying this one until I see the final, this is still the prototype image. I dont care for it in its current stage.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

[quote="CGClone]as there are about a milling things wrong with it as well LOL..[/quote]

Didn't they use the CGI data files?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:36 pm 

StarWars Collector wrote:
[

From what I understand, to a degree. But they left some things out, some shapes and angles are off...and no neck ring. I heard, albeit second hand, someone who talked to them said they were trying to figure out a way to incorporate the neck ring. But with the dates they annouced, I doubt it will be there unless thers been something cook behind the scenes since comic-con.

I know its mostly the same crew from MR working on this in some facility and they failed with the ep3 helmet, so I just watch with feigned curiosity as they will probably sell the same thing you see in the prototype. Sometimes I think the feedback they ask for from the fans is just public posturing to endear us to them and their products. Thats just my opinion though.

If Sci-Fire can create and ep3 helmet with a face that slides off and you see no break in the surface what so ever - bringing CG to real life wearability, and charge $200 less than they are, it makes me want the fanmade over the licensed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:39 pm 

I also thought it was based on the CG files so it should be very accurate. They might have increased the size slightly as I heard they did with the Ep3 - ut then it'll need to sit right alongside that so I dont mind. Ultimately there were no real helmets anyway.

When I last checked with e-fx there was a question mark over the neck ring - i'll find out if its happening or not - I hope so.

I'm hoping to get a loan review helmet in a couple of weeks.

EDIT- CGClone just read your post. I dont think its "posturing". As an example, the work I did for them on the Ep4 Stormtrooper made it look a hell of a lot better than the prototype!

Cheers

Jez

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:23 pm 

Hey Jez, let me clarify. I know they actually work with people to get a better look and feel. I was referring to the some of the times I vae heard them speak with the public about things. I never meant to slight any work anyone has ever done.

The parts that bother me right now as it stands, taken from the digital files or not - that simply dont match up well to screen are:
1) The hole in the "ear" column. Its to low and too small, misplaced.
2) The dome is too round on top. It has a more elongated elegance, its not as purely round as it seems.
3) The line/outer ridge the happens right under ear column is too bulbous
4) The ridge underneath that is too soft. Should be a sharper angle.
5) The ear column protruding into the flat cheek is too deep, not much, but more than it should be.
6) The corners of the T-visors are not round, only rounded on the bottom, the top of that corner should be much more angular.
7) The visor is set wayyy to back, its actually almost more on top.
8) The t-visor part where it curves down to the nose needs to be a touch sharper
9) The back channel that is under the round protrusion (you dont see it on the efx promo pic, its on the back of the helmet) is too wide.
10) The square dots on the back of that protrusion are off center, outwardly, they should be centered.
11) That cheek curve indention just under the t-visor caves in some, should be flat.
12) The continuation behind the ear column near the near of the helmet, it bends inward, it should be straight up and down.

Now I know theres some of this due to laying in the resin and thick fiberglass, etc from production, but most of it is not.
I am just stating what I see. Some may not agree, just sharing.