It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Museum Replicas - costuming license
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:08 am 
Site Admin

Interesting...

http://www.windlassstudios.com/t-land-starwars.aspx

Quote:
New Agreements Begin This Month for Collectible Replica Clothing and Armor

Fans and collectors will find new lines of collectibles from Museum Replicas and their new licensing division Windlass Studios in 2008; it was announced today by Museum Replicas. Lucas Licensing’s STAR WARS replica clothing and armor licensee will assume the design and production of the high-end, collectible ensembles and full sets of the iconic armor including stormtrooper and bounty hunter armor.

Museum Replica’s line will debut in the spring and continues the remarkable popularity of high-end collectibles for discerning STAR WARS enthusiasts. The line will feature replica clothing and armor of such unforgettable characters as Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul, Padmé Amidala, Anakin Skywalker, Boba Fett, Han Solo and Princess Leia.

Newly formed Windlass Studios will develop, manufacture and distribute collectible, limited-edition replicas of full-sized and wearable ensembles. They expect the first ensembles to be available for pre-order in the spring while the armor is set to be unveiled for the first time at San Diego Comic-Con International in July.

The STAR WARS clothing and armor collection can be seen in person at the Museum Replicas/Windlass Studios exhibitor booths at the International Costume Show Las Vegas, San Diego Comic-Con International & Atlanta Dragon*Con 2008

There's a great interview by a member of rebelscum with a manager from Museum Replicas at this link,
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.p ... =1#3089892

Looking forward to seeing how these turn out. Really curious of the level of quality they're after.
The slight mention of a Jango has me pumped. :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:30 pm 

From my perspective the interesting thing about this is that Museum will be producing Licensed wearable Stormtrooper armour, but so will Rubies with their just announced $850 offering (see my site, Rubies section for pics).

At face value Lucasfilm has sold 2 competing companies the same license and that is really strange!

Cheers

Jez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:50 pm 
Site Admin

BingoBongo275 wrote:
At face value Lucasfilm has sold 2 competing companies the same license and that is really strange!

It could be a Rubies / MR kinda deal. Rubies for the general joe halloween costumer and Museum Replicas for the "as close to screen accurate" costumes and armor?

Definitely interesting to see what they'll come up with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:57 pm 
Site Admin

NoHumorMan wrote:
BingoBongo275 wrote:

It could be a Rubies / MR kinda deal. Rubies for the general joe halloween costumer and Museum Replicas for the "as close to screen accurate" costumes and armor?

Definitely interesting to see what they'll come up with.

That's the way I see it.
Maybe the Rubies license would only require their stuff to be quick Halloween/party costumes while MR's costumes would be required to be replica quality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:18 pm 

LOL, this is funny.

First Museum Replicas gets the LOTR license and says the same thing. Accurate, got to look and study the screen used costumes, etc. Then they release the items, very few people buy them and the soft costumes fall apart. Velvet comes rubs off the base fabric, they use different fabrics on the same dress as if they ran out of one fabric and substituted whatever was at the local fabric store, the SCA guys HATE their armor stuff.

Funny thing is, Master Replicas and Rubies (Don Post too) had access to the archives and everything has to be modded for production. I believe this excited endeavor when I see it. I get their catalogs constantly.

I will be at DCon and would love to see what they manage to cobble together. They have money and resources, sure, but I dont think they understand the time and commitment it takes to back up the "every type of armor, you name it" theory. LMAO, right. Dont even start the screen accurate controversy.

So they are partnering with Sideshow for distribution? Love Sideshow, they do some awesome stuff. What happened to the XMen Leather movies suits? What happened to Master Replicas Obi-Wan and Anakin outfits? To say you are going to release every major characters outfits, in multiple sizes mind you and accurate. Then lets the fans get a hold of it.

I dont blame them for being excited, who wouldnt be, I mean the $$$ signs and the license with "LFL" on it is a sweet adventure, just put on your seatbelts, this is going to be a bumpy ride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:20 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah... just wait till they get a load of the "fans"! :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:44 pm 

I don't have much if any hope at all for Licensed armor/costumes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:55 pm 

GundamZeppelin wrote:

i totally agree. I guess we are going to have to wait and see just how accurate they get. Here's hoping they can pull off what others have failed miserable at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:08 pm 

Darth Noronha wrote:
GundamZeppelin wrote:

i totally agree. I guess we are going to have to wait and see just how accurate they get. Here's hoping they can pull off what others have failed miserable at.

and hope they don't start throwing C&D's left and right :pale

Profile E-mail