It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Looking for more promo pictures of this original ROTJ helmet
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:29 pm 

Hi guys.

The title speak itself.

I still have an ABS helmet kit from CFO and I would like to turn it just like this original helmet:

ImageImage

Those pictures are well known, but I know there is more from this shoot (I saw them in very poor resolution).

If someone have these shots in his hardrive, it would be very cool.

Many thanks.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Looking for more promo pictures of this original ROTJ he
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:34 am 
Site Admin

Hi mate, those there are not even the same helmet. At least 1 of them is an SE helmet, from what I can tell. Don't know if any of them are original RotJ helmets, I'm sure someone with more knowledge can confirm whether they are.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:23 am 

Thanks.

I also always thought it was a SE trooper, but I read somewhere that it was an original ROTJ. Damn, who knows??

It looks really clean for an original ROTJ.

The story of the SE troopers isn't really clear. A video footage say that they used some original suits (ROTJ) from the archives. But we know that new molds were made in order to create new armors (then re-used for the Tour suits).

For sure, the bucket on the first pic, is from ROTJ, it has the "ugly" left ears (not reworked just like the SE/TS trooper).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:25 pm 
Random avatar
I would say none of those helmets are from ROTJ. At least none are screen used pieces. They all looks like tour/promo helmets to me and more likely made from the same moulds as the ROTJ's.

The suits in the SE are not exactly the same as ROTJ suits. Even though I have not really spent much time looking at them, one thing jumped out at me when I first saw the SE and it was an ANH feature on a ROTJ suit! This is something not seen on any other suits in the movies.

Another thing about tour suits that I never got was the new forearm supposedly made for them that TE used? Again, these are suits I never spent much time studying but the original ROTJ and SE/Tour suits that I have see all have same new sculpt forearm we seen in ROTJ, yet the TE is drastically different. I don't mean to stray off course here but it was just one of those things about the forearm of the tour suit that bothered me slightly. I've never seen one like the TE on any original LFL suits.