It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Imagine the world without...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:12 pm 
Site Admin

THE INTERNET.

That would suck, right? Right!?!! Think about it. You'd be forced to actually work. You don't need to rush home to check the latest forum updates or your e-mail or facebook or checking all that on your new, fancy smart phone that can damn near do your laundry, go shopping for you, get connected and schedule your day.

Personally I think it would be rather boring without the internet and everything that's happening on there and the friendships I've made and even some of the drama. It's become a good friend, a means to reach out to the whole world and allowed me to realize the world of PROPS.

YAY.

Hope everybody is having a great day.

Post subject: Re: Imagine the world without...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:34 pm 

With all the news about the hackings of major websites I thought about that too. But I remember when there was no internet and I just used the telephone and wrote letters (snailmail) and just did other things. But when the first forums came out (I started on forums in 1995) it was a great way to have virtual friends and I think that connection with a larger community makes a world of difference day to day. Life is just so much richer when ideas and similar interests can be shared among more than just a couple of friends. Everything has good and bad, but on the whole it makes life a lot more interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:40 pm 

I remember the world without the internet....dark times indeed. :lol Although...i did spend alot more time outside back then. :rolleyes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:32 am 
Random avatar

I used to be in good shape once & did loads of stuff to keep active but now my fingers get most of the excersize, sadly my spellng & grammer dosn't improve. :cry2

I would miss the electronic world though if it was'nt there, you meet so many cool ppl from walks of life I don't think I would have made the aquaintance of if it had'nt been via online. :discussion

plus easier access to all the props on the planet :cool:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:46 pm 

I don't want to miss internet now, but life was full of surprises back then. I remember seeing the (amazing) teaser for Aliens in the cinema back then and I thought "wtf!? there'll be a sequel to Alien! Yeah!!". Now everything s just one click away...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:39 pm 

I can remember the first time I messed with a computer :ac6 , it was back in 1989, our family got a Commodore 64 and I enjoyed it to my hearts content I think back then there were'nt any PC viruses but I could always be wrong. I've still got that old bad boy in my storage shed to this day with all my diskettes (around 100) for it saving it for when I get married and have kids of my own I can pass on a bit of ancient history to them. Then I found the better computers of the age at the time the Apple IIe, where I can still recall playing SimAnt when I was a kid, oh the memories, then 1995 hit me like a sack of bricks. I was in middle school when I found the internet one of my teachers got me started with it and me and him are still good friends to this day and we still communicate even though he's in Arizona and I'm in Arkansas I moved back in 98 or 99. Good times but right now if the internet was to suddenly go offline I can imagine half the world going into hysteria, including me.

Profile E-mail