It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:57 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Good food recipes.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Thought it would be interesting to hear what other people consider to be good food and to get some recipes listed that could be worth trying out.

Anyway... recently... or... about several months back I made a switch from buying pre-made french fries, chips, etc. to getting real potatoes and washing them and cutting them myself in various shapes - such as tiny squares, boats, chips and even french fry shaped - then filling a bowl with less than a teaspon worth of oil - grape seed oil (unsure what its actual English name would be) - and then some mixed spice called all-round or barbeque, then pour in the sliced potatoes and roll them around in it until they are equally covered. Then over onto the roasting pan - rarely wiping it with a thin layer of butter, though depending on what I decided to cut the potatoes into - and just recently decided to add sliced mushrooms, sliced garlic and chopped onion rings. Man... those last ingredients really add something to the whole thing - the mushrooms gives a lot of moisture and a good flavor and the garlic and onion gives a slight sting.

Then it's basically just throwing whatever meat you want down into the roasting pan as well, give it some spices, and then into the oven with the whole thing - tonight I went with kangaroo steaks. Then when it's about done, throw in some garlic bread, for the remaining few minutes. You can serve the dish with a myriad of sauces, but I prefer Bearnaise Sauce.

Man... it tastes so much better than pre-made, expensive french fries or other sorts of manufactured cut up potatoes in a bag.

Anyone else got cool experiences and tasty food recipes to share?

Post subject: Re: Good food recipes.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:06 am 
Site Admin

Completely agree about the fries. I love cutting up some potatoes and making my own chips. Usually I'll try to go for anything fresh vs. pre-made. Such a significant difference IMO. I don't do well with microwavable meals or anything like that (and I completely avoid fast food - yuck).

Usually I'm pretty simple with food, so I don't have many special recipes, but there is one special thing I know of... Buffalo chicken dip... Incredibly unhealthy, but very delicious. It will probably shorten your lifespan, but it's completely worth it.

Ingredients are 1 part cream cheese, 1 part bleu cheese, 1 part cheddar cheese, many thin strips of chicken, and whatever hot sauce you'd like. Heat it up and mix it all together, and you have an incredible dip for taco chips or whatever.

Enjoy. :cool:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds interesting and worth trying. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:04 pm 
Site Admin

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:26 pm 
Site Admin

LOL... that's funny. Only... I don't have anyone to force food on me... so... I have to do that all by myself... which is why I'm looking for new, good and interesting recipes. :thumbsup