It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: FFFFFUUUUUUUDGE!...
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:57 pm 

I want this poster... :drool

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/ar ... 33862.html

When I clicked on the google search link, I thought I might have found one for sale - but to no avail. It sold in June of 2015.

FML!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: FFFFFUUUUUUUDGE!...
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:47 pm 

Hi Craig, I hear you. I am not trying to discourage you but just Warn you that you might be in for the long haul trying to find this poster. I haven't looked in a long while but when I was actively watching out they would pop up on eBay maybe 2-3 times a year. $175- $275 seems to be the going rate despite the guidebook price of $500.

Some people have the knack for finding rare stuff easily or walking into amazing deals. I am not one of them. It took me 7 years to finally get the poster I have. Seriously.

I bid on my first one in Sept 2006. I remember because I was at a trade show in Denver and the cell service in the hall sucked. $126 and I was outbid.

I finally won one in 2011 for $110 because it was in poor shape. Overall the poster wasn't bad but the edges were really frayed. I figured it would look fine once it was framed. It probably would have if the MORON who sold it had bothered to pack it properly. The poster arrived crushed. He had hamfistedly rolled it up and thrown it into a usps shipping box with no internal protection and the post office did the rest.

Understand that this thing is like a big Hershey bar wrapper: paper on one side and silver foil on the front so it's very brittle and requires extra careful handling--it will crease if you look at it wrong.

After being outbid a few more times or not having the moolah when one was listed I finally snagged the one I have for $175 at Christmas 2013. I sold the damaged one off to help pay for it. Then paid as much as the poster cost for the archival framing.

I think that it taking so long to finally obtain one has made me treasure it all the more so I hope you find one too. I am mystified as to why this poster isn't more popular. For me it is the ultimate Darth Vader poster.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:09 am 

Silver foil? Ok now this I have to see - beautiful illustration aside, this sound like an incredible print for it's time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:48 am 
Site Admin

Always liked this one. Such an iconic image.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:29 pm 

Sorry for the redundancy, but yeah.

Thanks for the help on this one Dave. :)

It's all ready for hanging - holy cat's this framed poster is HUGE! ....Just have to make room on my wall. Going to take down my "Pixar" Cars display (relocate it to the loft which is the kid's playroom). Have one more poster to add.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:50 pm 

In the immortal words of Lando Griffin, "Friggin' Shweet!!" That's awesome, Craig, and I really glad you were able to knab one of those. A vastly underrated poster, IMO.