It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: ESB belt, upgrading process.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:07 am 

So I just received this belt from Zuka, which is really awesome, and he was awesome to work with ( highly recommended). It is an ESB setup, with all metal boxes and buckle. I know there are a few things that need to be done to it before it can be "accurate". Anyone feel free to correct me on any of the following that I have on my to do list:

1) I know that the red light/bulb/led whatever needs to be replaced with the proper red lamp w/ metal casing. I believe I read a while back that someone had sourced some in the found parts section.

2) I think that the green lights need to be replaced. By this I don't mean the lenses, but the colored LED inside. The way it sits, it casts a hard circular light on the center of the lenses, because it doesn't disperse the light. I am not sure that this is the way it is supposed to look or not. Also it changes the the lens color from a nice sort of emerald green to a sort of bright yellow green. I tried to capture this on one of the pics. This is something I definitely need advice on.

3) lightsaber hook- I have one on my old belt, but I am sure it is not accurate. Sources would help.

4) I am not sure how to mount the electronics for easy access, but keep it accurate at the same time. I am referring to the of and on switches etc.

I am sure I am forgetting to mention something, so someone please correct me. Thanks for any words of wisdom guys

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: ESB belt, upgrading process.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:39 pm 

I'm looking for an accurate saberhook, too. Sadly, I've never seen anyone do it justice yet. Your saberhook looks ok there, but there's too many rivets, as I'm sure you already know.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:19 pm 

May i can ask how wide this belt is?
Looks good so far.Where you got this belt?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:32 pm 

Turrican wrote:
May i can ask how wide this belt is?
Looks good so far.Where you got this belt?

I am not sure on the source of the parts as I bought it from Zuka Z ^^
The belt itself is 2 and 5/16" wide

No one has anything else to say about this belt? no help fellas?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:09 am 

I may be mistaken, but I think the belt, itself, is from Tandy leather. David (Vader71) made this for me a few years ago. You may want to check in with him about the source of the specific parts.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:30 am 

Ok that said . . . does anyone have any words of wisdom on the belt? I have gotten no help on it. You can PM me if you don't want to post it. Thanks.

Profile E-mail