It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Efx of Brian Muir upgrade
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:32 am 
Random avatar

Hi,
Having recently got my Darth Ugly, a great helmet, I am looking at another upgrade.

Due to the lineage I have considered a ANH EFX, however I am very tempted by the excellent Brian Muir helmet and indeed the armour which will give my full size vader a complete hard part upgrade.

Can I ask where the Brian Muir helmet sits accuracy wise, obviously I am aware of Brians superb contribution sculpting vader, my question is about the armour and helmet that can be purchased.
At present my vader is ESB, although I do have parts to make him Jedi, the helmet is a high quality but I would prefer a larger chest armour and the fact that the Brian Muir parts will colour match is a bonus.

If I go EFX it will just be displayed on its own as it's ANH and I will upgrade the chest plate on my ESB vader on its own at a later date.
Many thanks
Gra

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Efx of Brian Muir upgrade
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:40 am 

From what I understand the new stuff is just that. A new creation and clean sculpt based on original molds.

Not screen accurate.

I'm sure I'll be corrected on my interpretation if wrong.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:45 pm 

If i'm correct than the Brian Muir helmet is diverted from a RotJ casting.
I think i had read this anywhere, but i could be wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:53 am 

I'd be interested to understand a little more about this helmet. Its not on my site but perhaps should be?

Cheers

Jez

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:19 pm 

Well, he's referring to an ANH helmet Brian has offered specifically on his own (ie: unlicensed). Brian has what is claimed to be an original ROTJ Vader helmet although he's not shown very clear images of it. It is my understanding, and I could be mistaken, that he used that as a base and sculpted an ANH Vader helmet that is an entirely new sculpt based on his memory of the original ANH helmet. So it is a modern sculptural interpretation of his original work, not based on an actual ANH helmet casting. I've been out of the loop for a bit so am not sure if there is a show-off thread here on the Den of someone who received one of his helmets? I've not yet seen clear images of one to assess just what he achieved this time around.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:30 am 

Star Wars Helmets wrote:
I'd be interested to understand a little more about this helmet. Its not on my site but perhaps should be?

Cheers

Jez

Not sure how I missed this thread, as I started a new one. The mods could probably combine the two if they feel it would clear up the forum.

Here's my thread:
brian-muir-ultimate-vader-vt4899.html

Jez, I think you should most definitely have Brian Muir's Ultimate Vader on your website. It's one of a few Vader helmets currently in production for the masses - seems like it's on open ended run.

c

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:31 am 

IIRC .. before the Efx hit the market, and Brian was on these boards around the time of the AA lawsuit (please no comments on that to derail this thread) Brian was gifted a beatup original ROTJ helmet from an industry friend...this helmet was cracked and screwed together. Not satisfied w it, Brian made a casting, cleaned it up, and made a display quality ROTJ. Another pull from themold was modified into his version of the ANH helmet. this "new" ANH master was molded and cast by the guys at RSprops, but didnt make it to market. as Simon had a 20th Century in the process of being reproduced.... hence the Ultimate Edition.... as far as the unlicensed aspect...My personal opinion is that Father George allowed it as part of Brians "post mortem starwars compensation" for his appearance and assistance in the AA legal issue. Since the AA stuff, Brian has finally got his due, bothin recognition, and compensation ala many official pix autographs, and of course, ROGUE ONE.... Rogue One being the reason Vadermaker has been mum recently....just my 2 cents

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:08 pm 

Here are the first oficial images for the movie depicting Vader. They're not pictures but judging by the way the artist captured everyoneelses likeness (that we've already seen), its a safe bet that this is what Vader looks like in the movie. Although according to the paint pattern on the face mask, it looks like the image used for reference was inverted, in true classic Vader promo style. The other detail that gives away the inverted image is the tusks color. The darker one is on the wearers left on this artist depiction.

Good to see that its nothing like the Brian Muir Ultimate helmet and more like the original ANH. Nothing against Brian's helmet, just think this look is more appropriate for a pre-ANH movie.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:32 pm 

I fixed it. If you can read backwards :)

Profile E-mail