It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Ahsoka Sculpture
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:03 pm 

Hi! Yesterday I started a new sculpture of one of my favorite characters, I'm trying to do Ahsoka, The Mandalorian version. I wanted to try to sculpt a human face, to try something different from my previous sculptures. I was thinking of looking for some blue resin eyeballs to insert them into the sculpture! Where can anyone find them from?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Ahsoka Sculpture
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

Man, you are really being productive. Looking forward to seeing progress on this one. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:35 pm 

No Humor Man wrote:
Man, you are really being productive. Looking forward to seeing progress on this one. :)

I am passionate about it, and I have to pass the time, I still can't mold the Vader's mask for cold temperatures, so in the meantime I'm practicing more! I found some eyeballs on Amazon, so it becomes easier the part around the eyes. When I have interesting updates I will post them! :thumbsup

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:15 pm 

Hi guys, I've made some progress on Ahsoka, I'm focusing on framing Dawson's face well. It's not easy, but with patience it begins to take shape!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

The female form is very difficult, so I am in awe that you have decided to tackle that in your first human sculpt. Personally I think you are moving in the right direction. The likeness is starting to come through. Always remember to go soft on the features - even though they may look harsh in some pictures, women faces are usually softer in shape than men.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:41 am 

No Humor Man wrote:
The female form is very difficult, so I am in awe that you have decided to tackle that in your first human sculpt. Personally I think you are moving in the right direction. The likeness is starting to come through. Always remember to go soft on the features - even though they may look harsh in some pictures, women faces are usually softer in shape than men.

Thanks for the advice. I noticed that the female face is more difficult, making the lines smooth is important! I went to search directly for photos of the actress, the high definition photos of the character were no less numerous!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:28 pm 

Small update, I kept working on the face, trying to make it softer, I also changed the eyes, but they still need some changes. I added the Lekku for a general view of the character.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:47 pm 
Site Admin

Looks good. Don't really have many comments, though I think you should push the center line of the lips inward a bit more, to add a little depth there.