It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:00 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: ROGUE ONE VADER by Brian Muir?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:10 pm 

Let the debate of "amber color lenses vs. clear lenses and skin tones being reflected" resume in 3.....2.....1.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:38 pm 
Random avatar

It really bugs me how the neck of the mask is protruding so far out from the chest armor. I think it's because the guy in the suit, while the correct height at 6'7", doesn't have the massive chest of Prowse and therefore the armor does not extend out as much as it did when he wore the suit. One of those things that I can't "unsee" now. :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:48 pm 
Random avatar

Spencer Wilding is pretty built. Image

Brent72 wrote:
It really bugs me how the neck of the mask is protruding so far out from the chest armor. I think it's because the guy in the suit, while the correct height at 6'7", doesn't have the massive chest of Prowse and therefore the armor does not extend out as much as it did when he wore the suit. One of those things that I can't "unsee" now. :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:52 pm 
Random avatar

I guess you forget that Bob Anderson who did all of Vader's duels in ESB and ROTJ was 6'1" and slender built.

Brent72 wrote:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:05 pm 
Random avatar

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/797207580154077184

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:36 am 

That just looks horrible...on-again

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:01 am 

DINVADER wrote:

What this means? They digitally corrected the scene in the movie? :rolleyes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:18 am 

You need a pretty deep and muscular chest to fill out the OT Vader chest armour. Chest and shoulder armour was originally sculpted by Muir on a bodycast of Prowse. I've been able to try on original Vader chest armour in the LFL archives, and you need to be pretty massive to fill it out properly. I'm 1.98 m tall and weighted around 90 kg when I visited the archives, and the chest armour didn't fit me very well, the front part was hanging flat down on my chest. It almost felt it would need two guys of my size to fill it out. During one of my meetings with Prowse back in the nineties I hugged him and was actually surprised how deep and massive his upper body was.

From all I have seen it seems the "new" Rogue One Vader has a newly sculpted chest armour and a larger cod piece.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:09 pm 
Random avatar

If the case, all they'd have to do is put a special pad at the chest area.

vadermania wrote:
You need a pretty deep and muscular chest to fill out the OT Vader chest armour. Chest and shoulder armour was originally sculpted by Muir on a bodycast of Prowse. I've been able to try on original Vader chest armour in the LFL archives, and you need to be pretty massive to fill it out properly. I'm 1.98 m tall and weighted around 90 kg when I visited the archives, and the chest armour didn't fit me very well, the front part was hanging flat down on my chest. It almost felt it would need two guys of my size to fill it out. During one of my meetings with Prowse back in the nineties I hugged him and was actually surprised how deep and massive his upper body was.

From all I have seen it seems the "new" Rogue One Vader has a newly sculpted chest armour and a larger cod piece.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:59 pm 

There's something wrong in the dome sitting (too ESBish....) and the shoulders under the cape... :nono

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:19 pm 

Fener wrote:
There's something wrong in the dome sitting (too ESBish....) and the shoulders under the cape... :nono

I think we're being too critical.

Remember ANH the dome was all over the place etc.

Let's just enjoy this new movie Vader and be thankful we have one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:24 am 
Random avatar

In ANH the cape chain was seen in the opening scenes but disappeared most of the rest of the movie (interesting that the opening ANH Vader scenes were shot last in production, after all his other stuff was already shot if you read the shooting timeline.) In Rogue One in most shots the lenses look amber-ish like ANH. He has the ANH lined type gloves, smaller mask triangle chin vent like ANH, the chestbox is ANH spot on, the belt is ANH spot on. The helmet has the window's peak. Part way thru the movie he will switch to the innercloak over the armor look as seen in ANH. And why do people continue to carry on like Vader cannot possibly change up his outfit when he's done it pretty much between all the movies he is in?

Fatherless One wrote:
Fener wrote:

I think we're being too critical.

Remember ANH the dome was all over the place etc.

Let's just enjoy this new movie Vader and be thankful we have one.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:02 am 

DINVADER wrote:
In ANH the cape chain was seen in the opening scenes but disappeared most of the rest of the movie (interesting that the opening ANH Vader scenes were shot last in production, after all his other stuff was already shot if you read the shooting timeline.) In Rogue One in most shots the lenses look amber-ish like ANH. He has the ANH lined type gloves, smaller mask triangle chin vent like ANH, the chestbox is ANH spot on, the belt is ANH spot on. The helmet has the window's peak. Part way thru the movie he will switch to the innercloak over the armor look as seen in ANH. And why do people continue to carry on like Vader cannot possibly change up his outfit when he's done it pretty much between all the movies he is in?

Because it upsets the balance of the force...

Quote brackets fixed.

NHM | TPD Staff

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:30 pm 

Overall i have to say the parts look nice, but the shape of Vader looks wrong.
I not know exactly what it is, but he look to fat, to undefined ...to Un-Vaderish...like a scantling..??
Don't Know how to say it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:43 pm 
Random avatar

Shoulders to wide, looks like he has no neck and the cape looks also very different on him. I think the proportions of the actor are totally different to Prowse...thats why he is lookin that strange. Agree regarding the parts alone...looks very nice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next