It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Darthvaderv ANH
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:32 am 

Well the one advantage of owning mostly licensed helmets (one of the few) is that no one would object to posting detailed comparisons. Which is why I share the sh*t out of them lol.

Though the interest generated by such posts is like that of a pay-per-view of "Podracing Live from Tatooine"!

Seeing authentic casts in raw or finished form and the secrets and mystique of what they contain - that's where the magic is, the gold.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:22 am 

That is the reason I passed on the very accurate Vader helmets out there, which I do love. I totally understand the reason behind the gentlemen's agreement rule to not post detailed pics and not to sell to anyone (and if I gotten them I would have obeyed these rules without question), but this also means I would never truly own that particular object. I like my stuff to be mine, and if I want to sell it, burn it with fire LOL, or send it to Mars, to be able do it without any constraints

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:05 am 

Darthvaderv wrote:
As for the beat up dome, I took it that way :cheers I addressed it as most think it's not beat up as the screen lighting hides it, just like if I move the helmet to another room I can get a smooth look dome but I'm not as keen on that. However, If I find when the time comes mine doesn't look exact with comps and lighting I will address it.

Beating it up or weathering it definitely takes it to the next level of accuracy but requires a PhD in Vader Studies to get right. Where to weather I could figure out after a lot more study, but to what degree or intensity it should be done in each area is a big unknown to me and to most. The dome edges are so varied from physical irregularity to paint color and application, appearing so different in even sequential frames. It looks like the bottom right side of the dome may have even been chipped off and repaired at some point. The TIE fighter scenes provide good shots of the dome edge detail and its variability frame-to-frame.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:10 pm 

banthapoodoo wrote:
Darthvaderv wrote:
As for the beat up dome, I took it that way :cheers I addressed it as most think it's not beat up as the screen lighting hides it, just like if I move the helmet to another room I can get a smooth look dome but I'm not as keen on that. However, If I find when the time comes mine doesn't look exact with comps and lighting I will address it.

Beating it up or weathering it definitely takes it to the next level of accuracy but requires a PhD in Vader Studies to get right. Where to weather I could figure out after a lot more study, but to what degree or intensity it should be done in each area is a big unknown to me and to most. The dome edges are so varied from physical irregularity to paint color and application, appearing so different in even sequential frames. It looks like the bottom right side of the dome may have even been chipped off and repaired at some point. The TIE fighter scenes provide good shots of the dome edge detail and its variability frame-to-frame.

That middle pick just blows me away. For all the posturing GL spouted on about perfecting the Star Wars with all the new editions, to make them like this real vision, you'd think he would have spent a little more time in the beginning to have the costume department place Vaders dome on his head perfectly. ...or retake the "BONK" with the stormtrooper... so many little bits in the movie where Lucas just said "Good Enough", but couldn't heed his own words once the digital age came about.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:05 pm 
Random avatar

It's part of the imperfect but perfect with those films though....unlike the CGI failure they attempted in the SE. Should've left perfect alone. Surprised they didn't correct it where Luke calls Leia "Carrie" at the end of the X wing scene....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:03 am 

syllander wrote:
It's part of the imperfect but perfect with those films though....unlike the CGI failure they attempted in the SE. Should've left perfect alone. Surprised they didn't correct it where Luke calls Leia "Carrie" at the end of the X wing scene....

Wtf, I never noticed that !!! Where is that moment?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:29 am 

I've read about that scene, as Luke jumps out of his X-Wing after blowing up the Death Star, but I haven't heard him say "Carrie". But my high frequency hearing is kinda shot from listening to too much Sheena Easton in the 80's.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:50 pm 

...AHAHAHAHAHA....Booting up ANH as I type. LOL

...AH. I only got Luke saying, "HEY"... to Leia as he gives her a hug...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:51 pm 

I heard about that when I was a kid reading the Star Wars Trivia Book but frankly I've never been able to hear it. To me it always sounds like Luke is saying something garbled then "Yay" or "Hay". I expect that the garbled bit is supposed to be Hamill saying "Carrie".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:47 am 
Random avatar

Yessir, supposed to be. Could've just said "Hey" as you've suggested, but it almost sounds like two syllables. Could also be shit folks hear after the suggestion of what it said.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:35 am 
Site Admin

The display is about 90% complete, for now. I haven't matched any shots from the movie or taken a great deal of time with the set up. I'll update this thread in the next few months or so when i get an improved pose-able mannequin. :thumbsup

Reviews statuemodellarge-figure-review-section-vf203.html

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:28 pm 
Random avatar

Beautiful Paul. Amazing display!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:39 am 

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing what you eventually use for a poseable mannequin.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:49 am 
Site Admin

Thanks guys :thumbsup

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

I'll make this the last one until I post later on in the year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next