It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: ESB Darth Vader auctioned next month
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:22 pm 

SithLord wrote:
Thanks very much Brian for pointing that out, and if anyone sees Dave Prowse please thank him as well. :wave

I'll be seeing him in London at the weekend so will have a chat with him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:40 pm 
Random avatar

They even made promotion for this auction in our local radio stations....unbelievable.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:27 pm 

Wow! Haven't been following this. Personally, I think it is great that y'all did work to explore this and question the questionable thing. It is a favor to serious collectors, including the potential buyer. Kudos, guys!!!

It was very much right to speak out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:49 pm 
Site Admin

I did 13 out of the 18 pictures they have on their site. Just can't seem to get the energy up to do the remaining 5, but thought I'd share what I'd gotten so far.

Nr. 13 got a little skewed. But is still decent.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

If the screen used ANH is located I really hope they'll do a photoseries like this one and in this quality. Man, that would be awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:24 pm 

Thanks Carsten!

Now get that full rotation and I'll be even happier.... :toothy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:37 am 
Random avatar

Wow. Thanks for doing this Carsten. These shots are fantastic. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:29 pm 
Site Admin

Looks like they took down the pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:02 pm 

Very nice indeed Carsten! Thank you. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:17 pm 

I've had the opportunity to speak with Ed over the phone numerous times over the last month and a half. Ed is a good guy with sincere intentions. There's a lot that wasn't brought forth about these pieces and overall I think Ed would agree that things could have been handled a bit differently.

Once Ed receives the costume back from Christies, I plan to make a trip and visit with him to study the parts and their provenance. As I've explained to Ed, I'm not authorized to authenticate anything, but what I can do is give my opinion on the parts and look over the provenance. Without getting into too much information, based on what Ed has told me and read to me verbatim over the phone in regards to his provenance, his paper trail seems concrete. Hopefully, with Ed's permission, some of this information will be given out in the near future.

I do plan to bring my TM (faceplate and dome) for some comp pics and hopefully I get the thumbs up from Ed to post some here. Before any rumors start, I'm not getting paid for any of this nor have I asked for anything in return. I'll be paying my own flight and expenses etc. I'm doing this as a Vader fan and I think it's cool to be able to study these parts and provenance first hand and Ed has been gracious enough to allow me to do so when the time comes. I know it's tough for Ed to deal with the forums, but hopefully he can get on here and join in on the conversation when the time comes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:03 pm 

Well that would be interesting. Perhaps you would be able to then address some of the inconsistencies in both Ed's interview account and the auction description.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:38 am 

Once I meet with Ed and have a chance to look over everything, I will try and clear up what I can. As I mentioned, some mistakes were made from the get go and rather than write Ed off, I thought a better approach would be to embrace him. That's why I agreed to speak with him when I was contacted. I'll hopefully have more to share in due time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:01 am 

Well my point of view is not one of writing him off nor of embracing him, but rather of addressing the merits of what he has claimed. I've posted my impression of the interview on the RPF and can post it here and it would be a matter of just having Ed elaborate more on items that appeared on the surface to be inconsistent.

Now, I respect if you are on good terms with him and certainly the opportunity to learn more about his costumes is welcomed by all. However, if you know Ed so well, then you should also know that he so readily threatened legal action against certain people for addressing things in regard to what he has stated in support of the claims about the auction. The Prop Den and the Replica Prop Forum are discussion groups for collectors and hobbyists, yet this is someone who has the gall to threaten legal action against its members when they disagree with what he says. I think people need to be aware of this if we are going to get into discussion again, because clearly he is not interested in discussing the costumes in the spirit of good will because otherwise he would be open to dissenting views without making legal threats.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:40 am 

In due time, with Ed's permission, all will be revealed. Then people can judge for themselves about not only about the pieces, but the unscrupulous actions of certain people. Whether he goes through with anything, it has nothing to do with me or what the purpose of my meeting with him is about.

If you are worried about a lawsuit then I suggest you have your attorney contact his attorney for clarification. That would be a personal issue between you and Ed and it certainly has no place for it here. So follow your own advice and keep that to pm's between you and him.

This is about discussing his vader pieces, so let's leave the drama at the door. It's a new year, let's try a different approach.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:50 pm 
Random avatar

Karo wrote:
In due time, with Ed's permission, all will be revealed. Then people can judge for themselves about not only about the pieces, but the unscrupulous actions of certain people. Whether he goes through with anything, it has nothing to do with me or what the purpose of my meeting with him is about.

If you are worried about a lawsuit then I suggest you have your attorney contact his attorney for clarification. That would be a personal issue between you and Ed and it certainly has no place for it here. So follow your own advice and keep that to pm's between you and him.

This is about discussing his vader pieces, so let's leave the drama at the door. It's a new year, let's try a different approach.

Amen Karo!
I for one am just interested in seeing more pics. I'm not too fussed over provenance, it's still a vERY nice, interesting suit!

Rich

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:06 pm 

Karo wrote:

You don't seem to understand. I mentioned it because it can affect anyone who discusses it, not just potentially myself. Nor did I say who it was specifically directed against as it was directed against a number of individuals on the RPF. It isn't between me and Ed, as I've never dealt with him, nor do I wish to. It isn't a personal issue, it is an issue that can affect anyone here if Ed is so predisposed to behave in such a manner.

Last edited by SithLord on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next