It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC


THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 777 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 52  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:46 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 3115
I don't see how anyone could have blocked eFX from doing anything. They are a licensee, so they have ready access to whatever they might need to create a product. As long as LFL approves, then there is nothing anyone outside of that contractual relationship that could do about it. Regardless of what happened behind the scenes, that should have no bearing on rational discussion of the helmet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:34 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:26 am
Posts: 285
i posted this in the RPF. but i thought i would post it here as well..to share my idea why the details in question and that are shown by Sithlord aren't in the efx...

Because Sithorld is showing concrete evidence that all the details were there in the Rick backer mold...but it could very well be that George Lucas or Lucas film, could have very well stipulated in the contract details of the manufacturing agreement with eFX that most of the details of the original helmet had to be removed. this also would explain why they made two versions of the helmet. Legend and Limited. at least that would be my guess.. i dont know for sure..and we will probably never know the real reason why..but that would be the only reason i could think of why they aren't there if they are in the molds as Sithlord has shown that they clearly are.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:42 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:38 pm
Posts: 885
Location: Dracula's Castle
Fantastic Brian!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:51 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:58 am
Posts: 10914
Location: Denmark
I haven't followed the RPF thread for a while so I'm not absolutely certain, but he may be referring to me and the letter I sent to Bryan of eFX regarding Gino. It was a dick move and done in the heat of the moment, but still unforgivable and I cannot apologize enough for that stunt, stooping to levels I had never dreamt I would ever reach - I could erase the similar post I made here on the forum, but there's no taking back a sent e-mail. There is no excuse and even though I apologized personally to Gino for doing it and in public in an RPF thread, I cannot take it back and I will never be able to earn the respect of the RPF or for that part the community again. I did not write it to jeopardized the eFX offering, but I jeopardized Gino's employment... and I've further realized just how incredibly cruel that was. I wasn't banned at the RPF, even though they had every right to do so, and I have kept myself out of most discussions regarding eFX Vader in general, biting my tongue and reminding me that I put myself in that situation and therefore really have no one else to blame but myself. It's difficult to not voice what I see... and even the posts I've made here may be crossing the line and I should have kept silent.

I can only continue to offer my sincerest apologies to Gino, eFX and the RPF in my negative part regarding the eFX Vader offering and have tried to change my perspective and tried to steer myself back to what I fell in love with in the hobby in the months following that. I don't write this to seek sympathy or support or forgiveness, as I deserve neither, I write this because it is the truth.

Even if the talk is referring to someone else, it doesn't change what I did and what I did was wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:22 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:56 pm
Posts: 57
well, watching those pics, I can see there is a small scratch...Not so deep.... In your pics we can see it just because you pointed it with a editing work. I mean, not because you add the c-scar with photoshop, but using some tools to make it more clear.
But I'm reallly curious to see your helmet after a paint job... This scratch will be easy covered and hidden. To show it, you should replicate it.
So, if you want to be sure to see every singolar scratch, dent etc etc, you must not paint. As you did :wink:
So, make a comparison between the 2 helmet, doesn't have too much sense.
The SL "is" an untouched an unpainted cast from the RB mold. So, if you know where to see, probably you can find many details.
Efx are almost 300 helmets or more , copies of a copy of a painted helmet, made to be as accurate as possible with a decent price.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:24 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:26 am
Posts: 1239
Too Much Garlic wrote:
I haven't followed the RPF thread for a while so I'm not absolutely certain, but he may be referring to me and the letter I sent to Bryan of eFX regarding Gino. It was a dick move and done in the heat of the moment, but still unforgivable and I cannot apologize enough for that stunt, stooping to levels I had never dreamt I would ever reach - I could erase the similar post I made here on the forum, but there's no taking back a sent e-mail. There is no excuse and even though I apologized personally to Gino for doing it and in public in an RPF thread, I cannot take it back and I will never be able to earn the respect of the RPF or for that part the community again. I did not write it to jeopardized the eFX offering, but I jeopardized Gino's employment... and I've further realized just how incredibly cruel that was. I wasn't banned at the RPF, even though they had every right to do so, and I have kept myself out of most discussions regarding eFX Vader in general, biting my tongue and reminding me that I put myself in that situation and therefore really have no one else to blame but myself. It's difficult to not voice what I see... and even the posts I've made here may be crossing the line and I should have kept silent.

I can only continue to offer my sincerest apologies to Gino, eFX and the RPF in my negative part regarding the eFX Vader offering and have tried to change my perspective and tried to steer myself back to what I fell in love with in the hobby in the months following that. I don't write this to seek sympathy or support or forgiveness, as I deserve neither, I write this because it is the truth.

Even if the talk is referring to someone else, it doesn't change what I did and what I did was wrong.



From what I'm getting from Art, I'm assuming it's more than just this. IMO, the only person you owe an apology to is gino, not the RPF or eFX or the community. It was a dick move and you shouldn't have done it, but that wouldn't have caused the project to fall flat. I'm thinking it was more than that, or at least that's how I'm reading into it. We may not agree with each other or gino etc, but if someone gets a chance at working for a prop replica company, why fuck it up for them? He got the gig, so good for him. No one should begrudge him for that. We can voice our disapproval that someone got whatever and sure there could have been others that could have been involved, but that's not how it played out. I'm not a fan of the guy, but if I had a chance at working for a prop replica company (hypothetically since I love what I do and get paid pretty well for it) and someone tried to screw with that and my chance at going to the archives, I would never accept their apology for trying to screw me. If gino did accept your apology, he's a bigger man than me for sure.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:13 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:56 pm
Posts: 312
Location: Colorado/USA
I'll say one thing for you, Carsten. It's easy to feel that you are right. But a whole different thing to admit when you are wrong. Kudos to you my friend. :salut


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:34 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:58 am
Posts: 10914
Location: Denmark
See, that's the thing. It's easy sometimes to forget the real world implications and consequences when you sit behind a screen in the virtual world of the internet. That strange form of disconnect happening. I am not in any way trying to excuse myself, but the consequences that could very well have happened from my carelessness and in part misplaced self-righteousness should have been ever present and not forgotten in a heated moment.

Yes, Gino is the one I most should apologize to, but I also hurt and tarnished a whole group of other people and this forum and its members. I can't take it back and it shocks me how careless I was and how many it affects. It even feels worse that the apology was accepted and I wasn't banned from the RPF and wasn't thrown out of all forums online... and I keep reminding myself of that whenever I am about to post something or write an e-mail that after the counting to 10 or sleeping on it would reveal itself to not be a good thing to post or send. I do not deserve it, so I should be mindful and consider it a loosening of the noose I put around my own neck to hang myself with. I get frustrated, I want to lash out... but never before had I done something so unthinkable and thoughtless... and I will make damn sure I don't ever do something that rash and cruel again. I don't expect anyone to trust or believe me, but honestly, that's not what's important, as I deserve your distrust... but if I cannot keep true to that for myself, then there is no reason for me to exist.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:53 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 3115
Well unless Art actually specifies who and what and when, it has no bearing on the discussion of the details of the helmet. As if my discussing the merits of the C-scar will lead to fewer sales.....well they are sold out so there's no point to even bringing it up except to malign those who have a problem with the helmet in some way or another.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:59 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 3115
Too Much Garlic wrote:
Yes, Gino is the one I most should apologize to, but I also hurt and tarnished a whole group of other people and this forum and its members.


Just a minute. How does writing a letter to eFX about a concern about Gino put a bad light on this forum? The letter didn't come from "The Prop Den Members". Certainly we discuss things here but we are all entitled to our own personal views about replicas and collectors. If nothing was made public (this was the first I heard of it), then I don't see how the Den is involved.


Last edited by SithLord on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:08 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:56 pm
Posts: 312
Location: Colorado/USA
I think that you have learned a very good lessen, Carsten. But try to not be so hard on yourself because of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:21 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 3115
Yes, I'll echo that I am assuming that you had your reasons at the time that you thought were valid, so we all react to the moment sometimes. It is a mistake that any one of us could have made. But if you act on your convictions, and had eFX's best interests at heart, then I wouldn't be hard on yourself as a result.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:35 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:58 am
Posts: 10914
Location: Denmark
SithLord wrote:
Too Much Garlic wrote:
Yes, Gino is the one I most should apologize to, but I also hurt and tarnished a whole group of other people and this forum and its members.


Just a minute. How does writing a letter to eFX about a concern about Gino put a bad light on this forum? The letter didn't come from "The Prop Den Members". Certainly we discuss things here but we are all entitled to our own personal views about replicas and collectors. If nothing was made public (this was the first I heard of it), then I don't see how the Den is involved.

My actions good or bad may reflect on others I associate with and I just hate that anything I do harm others, intentionally and/or unintentionally.

There is all this talk of a clique going around, so my natural assumption was that my actions will never be seen as mine alone, but of a group. It just worsens everything that my actions may be more widespread than limited to just the three the issue revolved around.

The more I think about this... the worse I feel.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:09 pm
Posts: 122
SithLord wrote:
Too Much Garlic wrote:
Yes, Gino is the one I most should apologize to, but I also hurt and tarnished a whole group of other people and this forum and its members.


Just a minute. How does writing a letter to eFX about a concern about Gino put a bad light on this forum? The letter didn't come from "The Prop Den Members". Certainly we discuss things here but we are all entitled to our own personal views about replicas and collectors. If nothing was made public (this was the first I heard of it), then I don't see how the Den is involved.


This is what I find strange about Art's responses - I now understand the reaction better - but it seems to be strange to hold an entire group of people responsible for whatever happened behind the scenes and respond in that way to people who he knows weren't involved just because they have similar views.

Darth Stone wrote:
I think that you have learned a very good lessen, Carsten. But try to not be so hard on yourself because of it.


Quite. I have not been around long but we've had some dealings and you have always struck me as one of the nicest guys on here - which is probably why you are beating yourself up about it.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:12 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:26 am
Posts: 1239
Too Much Garlic wrote:

My actions good or bad may reflect on others I associate with and I just hate that anything I do harm others, intentionally and/or unintentionally.

There is all this talk of a clique going around, so my natural assumption was that my actions will never be seen as mine alone, but of a group. It just worsens everything that my actions may be more widespread than limited to just the three the issue revolved around.

The more I think about this... the worse I feel.


I can pretty much confirm that yes, we are all being lumped into a group and viewed as the evil Den members. We all argue/debate/disagree with each other plenty of times about many things here on the Den, just look through the threads, so I don't know how we could be viewed as a clique. How many threads have discussed the TD, SL, TM etc and most of it has been heated with tempers flaring. I'd hardly call us a cute and cuddly group. I agree that the talk should not be censored on the eFX, no matter who it upsets. It is what it is.

Hopefully more will come out about what was done behind the scenes. It's no surprise really. Everything with vader usually ends up with a ton of negativity. It's the nature of the beast.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 777 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 52  Next

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Blue Moon by Trent © 2007
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Hosted by Freeforum.ca, get your free forum now! TOS | Support Forums | Report a violation
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums