It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:50 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Amy White ESB helmet
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:58 pm 

CSMacLaren wrote:
Darth Obsession's idea that it might be a ROTJ tour helmet is interesting. Years back, Don Bies surfaced to address the helmets and armor on a table, with LFL employees in the far back, and one posing with a cigarette while wearing a dome (Don said that was him!). The spread of masks show both the cylindrical mount and the stepped mount. The community had previously believed that cylindrical mount to be specific to screen-used ROTJ (they look very similar to the cylindrical mounts on the Don Post Deluxe which is ROTJ and not ESB as it was originally marketed), but Don said he was responsible for creating tour suits and used the cylindrical mounts for them, but that the screen-used ROTJ used stepped mounts.

It would be fascinating to see any photos of the faceplate of the Amy White helmet without the dome. Do any such photos exist?

There were a couple posted here somewhere a while ago Mac, although they were very small.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:20 pm 

This looks like a ROTJ to me, nothing about it is suggesting ESB.

My $0.02 :thumbsup

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:15 am 

I sense ROTJ too. Is it a trait of ROTJ vs ESB that the topmost peak of the right eyebrow on ROTJ is closer to the nosebridge than ESB?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:50 pm 

One thing I have just noticed. The facemask has ESB paint scheme. the whiskers are opposite of the cheeks. I believe this could have been ESB and then Repurposed for ROTJ, which would explain the mix of ESB and ROTJ tells.

Profile E-mail