It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Vader Sculpture
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:35 pm 

damn it, with the English just do not go ok ahahah, thanks for clarifying! :toothy I brought other changes, I still worked on the nose, I had read that it was Muir's thumb, and I had read that it could be 2.5 cm thick! Even the height of the head has undergone changes!

even the neck has undergone changes, here I would like your opinion as an expert! :rolleyes

here I superimposed the front image of a cast TM found on the forum with mine! is certainly not accurate as an evaluation, certainly will have distances of photography and different location! but the result makes me happy, because the lines in general are similar! :lol

here an image from another angle!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:27 pm 

Hi everyone, I didn't have time to make big progress because my little boy had some influence. :rolleyes I'm happy where I came from, but now it's starting to be difficult to replicate perfectly, a small part is enough to ruin the overview! but slowly it gets better and better! :lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, it's the last 10% of the sculpture that is the most tricky, because so little can ruin so much. Just go steady and takes lots of steps back from the project, do not stay too close to it, as you will lose the overall perspective when dealing with small areas, and you need that overview when dealing with the last finishing touches. When I usually get to that part in the sculpt, I get impatient and rush things and end up ruining things most times, but it is important to remember that this part takes usually the same amount it took to do the previous work or maybe even longer. This is the area where you win or break the sculpt. With your work so far I am looking forward to a win, as you have, basically on your own, keyed in the main features and shapes and gotten to a really good finishing point.

Keep up the good work. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:17 pm 

No Humor Man wrote:
Yeah, it's the last 10% of the sculpture that is the most tricky, because so little can ruin so much. Just go steady and takes lots of steps back from the project, do not stay too close to it, as you will lose the overall perspective when dealing with small areas, and you need that overview when dealing with the last finishing touches. When I usually get to that part in the sculpt, I get impatient and rush things and end up ruining things most times, but it is important to remember that this part takes usually the same amount it took to do the previous work or maybe even longer. This is the area where you win or break the sculpt. With your work so far I am looking forward to a win, as you have, basically on your own, keyed in the main features and shapes and gotten to a really good finishing point.

Keep up the good work. :)

thanks for the kind words, one step at a time I learn and I can understand what needs to be improved, I want it to be as precise as possible and I don't have to hurry to finish! next step will be the height of the triangle of the muzzle that together with the nose are a bit low compared to the cheeks! :thumbsup

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:33 pm 

Wow that's looking really damn close.
Great skill, top work :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:10 am 

thank you very much, your kind words motivate me to continue doing a good job! :thumbsup to the left of the image you can see the changes that I started to make on the triangle, I didn't have time to refine everything, the nose has to be enlarged and several changes have to be made, but the shape is now more correct!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:47 pm 

Looks fantastic!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:26 pm 

dcarty wrote:
Looks fantastic!

Thanks a lot!!! :thumbsup

I made some small improvements, I worked mostly on the nose. The teeth are positioned temporarily, to help me with the general visualization! :rolleyes I am happy with the last mid-line changes to the triangle, which have given a turn to a block situation! :toothy
If you notice any particular areas to be corrected and you have advice, they are welcome! :thumbsup

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:20 pm 

Awesome, you did a great job :thumbsup

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:51 pm 

lenasith wrote:
Awesome, you did a great job :thumbsup

Thank you very much! :toothy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:54 pm 

Hello everyone, I have done other finishes on my teeth and cheeks, I'm starting to be pretty satisfied, I'm thinking of starting to buy the products to make the mold and do some tests and practice for not wrong about sculpture! I still have some tricks and details to add to the sculpture, and I'm looking forward to it! :toothy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

Looking good. I noticed your work has started to make the mouth side walls too straight to where it starts looking like they will curve inwards from top to bottom. The original has the side walls curving out ever so slightly. They are not entirely straight. I can try and do an illustration of this if it is difficult to follow what I mean.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:51 pm 

No Humor Man wrote:
Looking good. I noticed your work has started to make the mouth side walls too straight to where it starts looking like they will curve inwards from top to bottom. The original has the side walls curving out ever so slightly. They are not entirely straight. I can try and do an illustration of this if it is difficult to follow what I mean.

I thank you if you can give me an example, I'm not a magician with English! :banger I changed other things, then I will add the photos! could it be that you meant the cheeks that are too straight? because I cut them more diagonally today! :thumbsup

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:17 pm 

I understand what you mean, I marked in blue! I had already noticed this, but I was a little lazy to start editing! :toothy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:34 am 
Site Admin

Yes, the mouth walls. I'll try and get a good sized shot to show how it should look. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next