It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

I'm feeling generous today... :P

Worked some more on the coat... almost finished... burned it a bit... but hopefully that won't show up when it's primed, otherwise I'd just have to sand it a bit... still lots of cracks... hopefully no more will appear... will have to fill those, once it's been baked for the last time.

Also worked on the face... it's looking a bit better, imo... added a little half-smile into the sculpt... or whatever you wanna call it. Will do the last few tweaks and then it's soon time to bake it - so I won't ruin it when adding ears and hair. Any suggestions at this point or constructive criticism is welcome - but I must apologize for the crappy webcam pictures... as my digital camera unfortunale don't photograph the small face very well! :cry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:25 am 

That's looking damn good. At first glance, comparing to the actual pic, it looks like the mouth might be a tad bit wide. The actor's mouth looks really small. But when I compare it to the nose, it looks right on. Could be lighting in the production shot. One thing is for sure, the eyes, brows, and shape of the face are all dead on. You got the facial asymmetry (jaw, etc.) perfect. We all know how important asymmetry is! Well done! I look forward to seeing the finished and painted version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:42 am 
Site Admin

Yeah... his mouth is a bit on the smallish side in that ref picture... it's because he's looking very intense... it's a bit wider in others... so, I'm taking that into account.

Needs some more work on the right side of the face (left on picture), but it's soon ready to be baked, so I can get on with the ears and hair without risking ruining the face with my big fat fingers always managing to touch parts they shouldn't... :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

Latest update:

Working on the last remaining stuff on the body sculpt. Hopefully I'll finish it completely with all details by tomorrow - crossing fingers.

And here is the first view of the head with some hair... :thumbsup

Found out that even though I added some bulk to the face, I had done the jaw at the wrong angle... that will have to be reshaped.

Enjoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

Realized, after having re-watched the Firefly pilot that I had made his hair a bit too short... so I added more hair at his brow... looks much better now. Will maybe work a little more on the head later, if my writing partner doesn't show up.

Concerning the body... well... it won't be finished this weekend... even though very little is needed to finish it... it's some very annoying details that has to be really accurate, such as the brass clasps on his coat.

Almost finished with his hand and the cuffs on the coat - realized I will need to add a little material to the arm to make the angle a little less... hmm... sharp... oh... I mean, more realistic and accurate to how a person holds his arm in that position... I made it too close to the body. That will have to be fixed... and won't require much work. Once these details have been finished I will start working on the boots... the gorramn boots... am not looking forward to that... :eek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:33 pm 

Lookin' good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:25 pm 
Site Admin

Need feedback concerning his hair... am I going in the right direction - does it look okay? I am now in the process of doing his left side (right in the pictures) and feel it needs a little more lenght to make it look better - I'm going for the Firefly pilot look, where his hair was slightly longish, a bit more uncombed and wind-blown, if you know what I mean, compared to the shorter, more well-kept hairstyle of the movie and the rest of the series.

This is the style I'm going for:Image

Now... am I close or getting there? I need serious feedback here... as I'm a bit stalled:

And this is the look I'll try to recreate if I ever get to do the movie version: Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:46 pm 
Site Admin

Looking good. His hair looks okay to me. :thumbsup
Though it's kinda tough to tell at the moment with the multicolored look....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:36 pm 
Site Admin

Already redid a few parts... hopefully for the better... still not worked all that much on his left side...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

Unbelievable......I missed this thread completely... :dope

Nice job NHM! :thumbsup Hair looks much better IMO.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks. Am actually beginning to look forward to someone doing a really cool paint job on one of these... so here's me really hoping for the molding and casting process going smoothly, so I can get these out there! :thumbsup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:26 pm 
Site Admin

Was able to get some decent shots with my digital camera... just had to figure out the settings, I guess... though... battery died... so... enjoy.

I made the pictures in b&w in paintshop pro, as I really thought the colors were too distracting. I can post the color version if people want to see that too.

Let me know what you think. Now is REALLY the time for constructive critique about what needs changing, etc... as I'm very soon going to bake it, thus making stuff impossible to change. (I have to do something about the right eyebrow (left in the picture), before baking! :thumbsup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:32 pm 
Site Admin

Image hmmm

....Image

Looks fine to me.

I'd say, go for it! :thumbsup

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:35 pm 

I think that looks really good. I'm going to have to second SWC. Good work! Can't wait to see it after you get it painted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:07 am 
Site Admin

Picture update coming soon... just gotta buy some new batteries as my regular batteries apparently won't work in my camera... :grumpy

Worked for the first time on the boots... finally getting them started... man are they a real pain in the butt to shape. :ac6

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next