It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:43 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: How long will they last? Original Vader props.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:05 pm 

I'll go to make sure none of you pirates make off with any props. Make sure no one mentions they know Tom. I'm sure they don't want anymore dropped and damaged props. :lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:13 pm 
Site Admin

Just thinking it would be very cool if one of you Photoshop whizz's could do an artist type impression showing how a Vader display would look in 100 years or so after some wear and tear :cool: .

Reviews statuemodellarge-figure-review-section-vf203.html

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:16 am 

I'll come along and bring a giant lunch box for all of us to eat out of...;)

Yeah one of the stories I have heard of is how there is a box of Vader chestboxes one thrown in atop another like a child's toychest.

Add that to the fact LFL cant even sort the costumes out on their own meaning that it is likely IMO that alot of stuff will be ruined due to the fact it was mislabelled and strewn about somewhere. They have also started scanning everything into a computer as many of these artifacts have already started to fall apart or have been lost to age and time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:19 am 

Well, sounds like we could get a little group outing organised! The destination for the ultimate Star Wars prop party! Pretty sure if we tell em we're all friends of Don Bies they'll let us in :wink:

Mike, I heard that Lucasfilm revamped their archive storage facilities at some point in the late nineties I think, updating them and carefully controlling temperature, humidity and so on. So I'd like to hope that gone are the days of items just left lying around on bare shelves!

... Off the Vader topic for a second, I read in an 'SW Insider' magazine years ago about a project to restore a lot of the original foam latex puppets and masks that had started to crumble. They showed Salacious Crumb getting fixed up, and ILMer Charlie Bailey removing water damage from a Star Destroyer model. This was just before a lot of items went on tour in Japan if I recall correctly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:52 am 

The chestbox thing is fairly recent....tour vs screen I dont know but it shouldnt matter.

But thats just it with LFL....they do take care of a lot of things while at the same time they seem to be quite uneducated as to what is what nor do they care how it is treated.

Beats me....thats why I need to visit the archives, I'll straighten shit up around there. :toothy