It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: AA Comps
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:48 am 

Do I have to actually go through each one and show you curvature by curvature and line by line what is similar? I know what's different, but there are also similarities and things that the TE lacks. How can the SDS be sharper in the curved areas around the mics than an original? Reworked? Where did those indentations come from on the gaps between the teeth of the TIE? I don't see the TE having those, nor any other fanmade helmet. If SDS just recast the original TIE he had in hand then why was the mohawk different? Logic? Why does the SDS have details inside the face that the TE original lacks but that are seen on the inside of a stunt original? Well?

I'm entitled to show similarities or differences between helmets and you can paint it however you like. I don't support AA or what he did, but that doesn't change my previous analysis of the similarities and all you guys do is arm-chair complain about it and don't show otherwise. And I gave my reasons for why I made these comparisons and given that I previously spent so much $$$ on these helmets I'd like to know where in the blazes they came from because the court case did nothing to address that concern, you guys do nothing to figure it out, and I'm sure it's a concern shared by many SDS or previous SDS helmet owners. I'm no longer an owner, but I was asked why I defended AA and gave my answer, and a lot of that was that I wanted to establish and determine myself whether or not these helmets were authentic.

Ok?

Sheesh.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:07 am 

SithLord wrote:
Do I have to actually go through each one and show you curvature by curvature and line by line what is similar?

Please don't. I haven't taken my meds today and your comps may just bring me over the edge.

SithLord wrote:
I don't support AA or what he did, but that doesn't change my previous analysis of the similarities and all you guys do is arm-chair complain about it and don't show otherwise.

We don't have to. You do a pretty good job all on your own of proving yourself wrong with every single comp that you post.

SithLord wrote:
Sheesh.

Exactly :rolleyes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:23 am 
Random avatar

Thomas, your "armchair" analyses has never been correct. Nothing you have shown of the inside of the SDS is even close to the original, or even the TE. I swear man, sometimes you need glasses that are NOT rose colored.

Karo is right, you have done all of the legwork and your legwork points out every single flaw not covered by your fine linework. Let me help you, the ear pieces of the SDS are different from the TE/GINO/Screen Used. The inner tear blobs are different from the TE and the SU. The one tooth you pointed to on the TIE is angled differently on the SDS than on the SU as well. I could go on, but you are not helping your case by posting your comps.

It is hard for us to offer contrary evidence when you have done it for us. Go find some pics where the minutiae are actually visible. These are NOT good examples.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:46 am 

Thomas, you're so good at focusing on obscure and small aspects that you become unable to stake a step back and see the large picture. The big picture's issues are so obvious that I find myself at a loss on how to communicate the differences to you. I understand this was discussed half to death already on the RPF? If it's a matter of you feeling so strongly about your own opinions that you won't see other viewpoints, then I respect that and I'll not continue with this thread. Under such conditions, the topic and discussion reaches a stalemate; if you're unable to see the obvious in the 25 picture posts you posted, then how will an additional 25 pics help?

Unlike in the TD thread and the SL thread in which you put the burden of proof on me (instead of yourself) - which imposed upon me to re-analyze each of your photos and to post corrected line analysis - this time around, I'm not going to let you dump that burden on me because having done all that work for you, you still didn't seem to want to accept alternate viewpoints. Re-examine your own images and think macro, not micro.

By the way, it would be most appreciated if in the future you'd spread your photos across multiple posts. Each time someone viewed Page 1, their bandwidth would get assailed with having to load over two dozen images.

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:20 am 

Guys, I think we are just re-hashing the same old arguments and this won't amount to much more than we've already covered. I think it's fair that if people can look at the comparisons and judge for themselves then let's leave it at that. We could discuss the differences (I am perfectly aware of them) and the similarities and how TK helmets differ from one another but in the context of which this thread was brought up I don't see a point. At least the comparisons are there so people can judge for themselves. You guys all know I am not a TK helmet expert, but I like to compare things so there you go. I have nothing against the opinions expressed here about what differences there might be between the SDS and originals. And I've enjoyed learning more about the helmets during the SDS discussions, as heated as they may have been and continue to be at times. Honestly, I don't take it that seriously, they are just comparisons as best as I could put together at the time to illustrate what I thought at the time were interesting similarities. So, that's my conciliatory comment for the day. :salut

Post subject: Re: The AA Trial - renamed from armor sculpt topic
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:48 pm 

Most of these are Keith's IH Tie pilot aren't they?

Image[/quote]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:23 pm 

Maybe the brick wall ones?....the side view without the brick was is an original, the rest are my own SDS TIE I used to have (any photo with TSR on it). I meant to post these below...i got mixed up by the brick wall in the background...these are comps I did early on that are also on http://www.starwarshelmets.com...showing the inaccurate mohawk before it was modified...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:40 pm 

Here are more comps I did from that first series...again I guess comparing the SDS against Keith's helmet and the original...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:55 pm 

So you thought the first Irish made Star Wars helmet was original TIE?
I'll take that as a compliment - I made the original moulds for it...

SithLord wrote:
Here are more comps I did from that first series...again I guess comparing the SDS against Keith's helmet and the original...

I remember you posting these comps on the RPF.
Here's the same image I posted back to you of an IH helmet side view, photo comps can be very deceiving dependent on distance and angle can't they?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm 

Ya I didn't have perfectly matching angles at the time so there you go....but the irish one is a nice one anyway...