It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:48 pm 
Random avatar
Intirley possible if you know what to look for

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:18 pm 
Site Admin

Well I know what nohumourman is talking about. Makes sense. However..Is anyone going to be brave and do the breakdown though?? Playing safe makes the whole thing less fun although you can risk your credibility. :eek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:02 pm 
Site Admin

Well... I'm certainly not saying that it isn't possible to do comparisons... I'm just saying that comparisons are not 100% conclusive... so, there is a high certainty that what the comparison shows is as the one making them claims, but nothing absolutely concrete.

I'd be interested in seeing what can be figured out through comparisons and break-downs of the costume and armor, as long as no one claims that their findings are 100% truth and not open for debate - which many Vader "experts" tend to do, imo. I have faith in them... and they know what they are talking about... but they also have some serious "egos"... and are sometimes blinded by various things. Not thinking about anyone in particular here... just overall general observation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:59 pm 
Random avatar
Quote:
It's a fan-made suit. Looks like a GT box (smaller)...the leather is too shiny (looks like pleather) and the cape looks satin on the outside...likely a DP Deluxe helmet...paint scheme looks reversed

The paint is not reversed...

Its not a fan suit and it not a DP Deluxe helmet

EDIT:
SL has changed his position...so I guess unless somebody here thinks its not a real suit.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:17 am 
Random avatar
btw I also DONT believe the cape is on inside out.....but that the ends are flipped back showing the inside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:24 pm 
Site Admin

Interesting that Gino thinks the helmet, armour and cape are real. His opinion may hold up as is there a more qualified source on ROTJ than him?

It's still hard to tell. SL has good comparison pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:11 pm 
Random avatar
Quote:
It's still hard to tell. SL has good comparison pictures

Where ...When...How....Why

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:54 pm 
Site Admin

I meant the comparison pics all together in one. Not the actual breakdown of comparison.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:47 pm 
Random avatar
The overall look of the suit, and the prorportion of the specific parts, makes me give it the "real" vote.
The curve of the armor, the prorportions of the deffrent buttons on the Chestbox, All looks real to me.