It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:51 pm 
Site Admin

Okay... you're the boss. But please keep us updated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:03 pm 

mcmaul wrote:
It is worrying, but Alex is a good, decent bloke, who doesn't faff about, I have heard he is having some family troubles. so I ain't gonna bend his ear over a mask, Man. He is also top brass staff in the uk garrison 501st, doing the GML job, which must get him around a hundred emails a day (at least)

I have every faith he will show up soon, and show us the extra graft he's done.

I'll leave it until he does just that. Us Sith are known for our infinite patience.. :ac6

Im sure he will come through for you. He has to be a decent guy to offer to to it for you in the first place.
keep us posted please.

cheers matey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:45 pm 

Bump??

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:54 pm 

I am resigned to the fact I am not going to see this helmet ever again. I am bloody tired of trying to get answers but getting nothing. My foray into Vader has left me bitter and also broke. To say I am pissed off is an understatement.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

That is really sad to hear. Wish there was something I could do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:14 pm 

NoHumorMan wrote:
That is really sad to hear. Wish there was something I could do.

I agree. This is a crap situation to be in.

My fingers are still crossed for you dude.

keep us posted if anything developes

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:32 pm 

Contrary to my belief in the guy reworking my Vader lid, it has now passed well beyond the realms of simple bad luck. I hereby declare that I feel well and truly had in this situation. Having emailed. phoned. left mesaages, texted, I can only conclude that my helmet is long gone. To say I am disappointed and really angry is putting it mildly. The guy doing it recently quit the ukg 501st, and I thought he was a great guy, but simply blanking somebody who trusted him with my lid, and to be simply blown out is out of order, and moreover out of character. Alex, if you are reading this, I hope you like the helmet. Mods, do what you must. I grow more disenchanted with Star wars with every day, and the bad eggs within its ranks who make me want to sell everything I own and completely forget it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

There has been no response to pm's and mails from the staff either. If anyone knows this guy, please speak up as to what is going on and ways to contact him to get this fixed.

As mcmaul said, this has taken way too long to accept, so measures will be taken. Just a real damn shame, imo, but Dug, please don't lose heart because of some flakes, but I understand you, having had nothing but bad luck with this helmet and other issues.

You know I'm here if you need to talk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:50 am 

Hiya guys, Just another update, I have had a friend contact alex, and alex responded saying his cellphone got wiped of numbers during reflashing, etc. I have texed and mailed since then, but still nothing. It looks like its a goner, man. I would be happy to get it back in any state.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The Recast VM02 Project! making it look like something
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:57 am 

How much would it cost to have this guy hit?

Just kidding, but this is a real low act on behalf of Alex :violent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:37 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, really low indeed. Not just because of what he did... but also because of your whole experience with this helmet. Seems it's just one bad turn after the other. Hopefully he'll get back to you - keep checking with his friends as well - so you can get this sorted out.

We banned him from this forum because of this and because of the lack of response - Dacrates Ban Message - if anyone knows him, please ask him to contact me on the RPF, where he is a member, if he wishes to resolve this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:42 pm 

McMaul,

T-VIRUS and I just got off the phone discussing your situation. Both he and I know what it feels like to be ripped off. That being said, I'm in the finishing stretch of completing my Goldie project, and we would like to gift you a Goldie mask and helmet.

I don't have uber current photos but the ones I have are at this thread:

goldie-golden-armor-and-armormask-fusion-project-vt433.html

I've also arranged with ChefHawk. He is one of the people who signed up for a casting of Goldie, and he's also in the UK. We'll send your helmet and mask set along with his to him in one box. Once he receives it, he'll forward it to you.

If you can coordinate with Chefhawk with respect to postage from him to you, we'll take care of the rest. :thumbsup

ATTENTION DACRATES/ALEX: This by no means absolves you from your obligation to return to McMaul his property. We are merely alleviating a fellow fan's pain which you caused, and we are certainly not letting you off the hook.

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:40 pm 

Guys..... what can I say here.... I ain't been on in a good while, not cause I have fallen out with you fellers, I have had a bit of a rough ride over the last three years within the costume world, so much so, I have put my Maul stuff away for the day the 501st finally decides to stop punishing me, and I can come back and work again. I ain't been lazy, I have returned back to my drumming roots, and have just built this-

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showt ... p?t=206912

Immersing myself into something else has been productive for me, I have a new band, and will soon be on UK tv seen playing this kit.

I am humbled you chaps want to send me a vader lid, they are expensive to acquire, and not something you can really grab off the peg (besides the MR one, but we all know the OT vader looks the best)

I rang alex with an ultimatum, and he called back three days later saying he would finish it or give it back. I said I would like it finished as agreed, and gave him a september cut off point. I have heard this before, so I will not hold my breath, guys. A year kinda takes the faith outta you. I have just been removed from the 501st sith lords forum, too, with no warning, or confirmation email, either. I was selling my last pair of Titans, and was asked to remove them. I did, and asked why it was requested. My request was met with "Just do as you are told"

You guys know that kind of answer is not acceptable, so I asked again, and also asked why other people were still free to post ads.

The Xo replied with " I am not listening to this anymore, etc"

I logged on a day later, and I am gone.

I have had friends contact the staff to ask what is going on, so far no answer. I have contacted Maia on here, as she has always been intelligent and articulate in her correspondence with me, still no reply.
I have devoted way too much energy to the 501st, now it can take it's knife out of my side and back off, because I am no longer willing to atone for the bad days of 2005, If Darth carcinus has a problem with me, he should just be upfront and honest, not abusing his power deleting accounts with a trigger happy attitude. It smacks of unprofessionalism. Is it any wonder I have literally walked away from star wars? Postage is no problem guys, just let me know what I have to do.

Thank you all, you are great, creative pals! :cheers

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:12 pm 

mcmaul wrote:
You guys know that kind of answer is not acceptable, so I asked again, and also asked why other people were still free to post ads.

The Xo replied with " I am not listening to this anymore, etc"

I logged on a day later, and I am gone.

I have had friends contact the staff to ask what is going on, so far no answer. I have contacted Maia on here, as she has always been intelligent and articulate in her correspondence with me, still no reply.
I have devoted way too much energy to the 501st, now it can take it's knife out of my side and back off, because I am no longer willing to atone for the bad days of 2005, If Darth carcinus has a problem with me, he should just be upfront and honest, not abusing his power deleting accounts with a trigger happy attitude. It smacks of unprofessionalism. Is it any wonder I have literally walked away from star wars? Postage is no problem guys, just let me know what I have to do.

Thank you all, you are great, creative pals! :cheers

McMaul,

Glad to help a fellow Scotsman. Vader go braugh! (Vader Forever, for you English-speaking chaps!) :toothy

Your experience however, very much saddens me, especially the response from the leadership of the costuming organization. It sounds like if the person in question is one of their armourers, then they'd rather cover the situation up and pretend it didn't exist because their "charter" doesn't say they have to take a moral stance.

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:21 am 

That pretty much sucks all the way around. Sounds like you shouldn't waste any more of your time on that crew. Sorry to learn of your troubles man. :cheers