It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: TD ANH....the earliest example of Vader...?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:15 pm 
Random avatar

Lets move the thread.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:24 pm 

One on the left, another lower down on the right, both about the same size and shape.

I couldn't find a top view in which you can see both but this gives an idea of the outline of the left one. I need to find an image of the layer itself.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:26 pm 

Well let's be clear, is it just because of Phil? I've been the brunt of those who championed openness and were against so-called Vader "elite", and now that I am open, it is the opposite. Confusing place this is.... :hiding

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:51 pm 

Thomas,

You have three of the five best masks. But the other 99.97 percent of the fandom that relies on vendors still rely on JB and Phil for "accurate" masks.

In your comps with the TM and posting close up shots, then directing specific focus to specific areas, you're basically doing what we TM owners never wanted to happen, which was for the TM to become an accessory to empower Phil.

So in hindsight, do you really want to be asking that question? It's not like we're asking for the thread to be locked. Only for the information to be better protected.

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:12 pm 

Well I understand that naturally, although I did three comps here using the TM. The one including the photo that Pete posted of the tube end detail, another of the rear neck which I posted here before so that's public, and the only one that I posted in this thread de novo was the rabbit ear one...(which I posted because someone questioned the detail of the SL copies over the TM)...which I removed and reposted below. Other than that I have basically been trying to compare the TD and SL and refrain from showing the TM, as I know my limitations. The question is, do you want it moved because you want to include the TM in discussion and if not then why can't it stay here, since you seem to be the voice of the TM owners and that this is their request?

So now we can expect rabbit ears on Phil's, JB's, and Gino's castings :lol

Last edited by SithLord on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:45 pm 

removed

- Mac

Last edited by CSMacLaren on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:51 pm 

On second thought, forget my request altogether.

From the get go, this was about the TD at the cost of all other masks and with no regard to how it empowers vendors out there.

Against my best hopes, I thought you had changed... right until this TD posturing started all over again.

No more requests on this matter for me. I'm out of here.

- Mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:09 pm 

Mac I respect the intention of your request....let's see how things go with the thread...if people feel it needs to go to the next level in the privileged section we can get a consensus on that...

Ok guys, it's Friday night, drinks and pizza at my place.... :alcoholic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:11 pm 
Random avatar

SithLord wrote:
Mac I respect the intention of your request....let's see how things go with the thread...if people feel it needs to go to the next level in the privileged section we can get a consensus on that...

Ok guys, it's Friday night, drinks and pizza at my place.... :alcoholic

I prefer my swabian "maultäschle" :lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:31 pm 
Random avatar

SithLord wrote:

Last I checked, only two of the three people listed offer castings. To make it more clear, Gino does not offer castings of his stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:33 pm 

Qui-Gonzalez wrote:
SithLord wrote:

Last I checked, only two of the three people listed offer castings. To make it more clear, Gino does not offer castings of his stuff.

Qui,

I know this is a topic that you and SithLord throw back and forth, as I've seen you respond in this fashion on RPF.

I'm sure you'd agree that GINO's masks are castings and not the originals themselves. The term is not inappropriate.

That being said, in times past, GINO's postured his mannequins as having "the look". No doubt they look great, and I'll let the inaccuracies go because the fan passion is quite evident.

But then when he maintains that his information is exclusive and superior and uses his mannequins' look as evidence that his information is correct, one simply need an observant eye to spot discrepancies between his mannequins and the screen-used costumes which he states or implies direct connection with. When such discrepancies have been pointed out in the past, GINO has subsequently (and quietly) factored those changes in without crediting those who have pointed the discrepancies in the first place. He claims credit for everything and further bolsters his superior posturing.

In other words, things discussed by other fans have wound up on GINO's mannequins, and then we are told he has this information from private exclusive, secret LFL sources. Thus, driving a stake in the ground is necessary so that the matter being discussed does not become plagiarized.

- Mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:37 pm 

Qui-Gonzalez wrote:
Gino does not offer castings of his stuff.

I think the myth of GINO not selling anything really needs to be addressed here. No he does not offer Vader helmets. However, you may not have noticed that GINO's sold Vader chest boxes at a premium. They show up now and then on RPF. On at least one occasion, I have seen him sell a stormtrooper helmet (one of those he had trumpeted as the most accurate ever made"). Does he have only that one helmet, or was that a spare? Does he not have molds? Can he not pull a new helmet any time he wants to?

While I hardly see GINO's stormtrooper helmet being any more superior to, say, a TE, yet GINO sets a price that is three to four times more expensive. Such a price-prestige perception comes from superior posturing and chest thumping with the most visible thing he does not sell: his Vader mannequins.

I'm off topic. Back to the topic at hand: the TD.

- Mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:04 pm 

Qui-Gonzalez wrote:
SithLord wrote:

Irrelevant. The rabbit ears are not on his ANH. It isn't a question of who is selling what. No rabbit years, misplaced C-scar, and a plethora of other inaccuracies for claims of being cast from original production molds or castings.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

There's just as much protection in the Priv Section as is in the open forum - no one can prevent unscrupulous people from getting this access.

As far as I know only problem seen from the TM viewpoint was for recasters getting a cast... that's already happened - there was never any issue about details or pictures shown, as long as it was okay with Tom. We can't stop recasters adding detail, but I would rather risk them doing that than going back to the non-sharing that was so limiting before. We expose them and then it will be up to buyers if they want to believe their lies.

Personally I'm against moving this to the Priv Section. But, it's up to topic starter.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:41 pm 
Random avatar

SithLord wrote:
Qui-Gonzalez wrote:
SithLord wrote:

Irrelevant. The rabbit ears are not on his ANH. It isn't a question of who is selling what. No rabbit years, misplaced C-scar, and a plethora of other inaccuracies for claims of being cast from original production molds or castings.

If it was irrelevant, why did you bring it up? I guess I should have went further and said that Gino has NEVER offered up castings of his Vader helmets, so lumping him in with JB and Phil is an outright lie, Thomas. That is my only point in this discussion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next