It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:11 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: RPF ROTJ thread discussion continued...friendly version :)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:40 pm 
Random avatar

vaderman wrote:
So is spending 2 years telling people the facts of what happened on the production 'bolstering'. I have a helmet and I told you where I got it from and because Gino's nose is put out of joint all of a sudden I'm 'bolstering' in your opinion.
I can see Gino's agenda but what is yours in all this.
You don't have to be concerned about my reputation but yours is on the skids.

Brian, you are proud of your acquisition. There is nothing wrong with bolstering. Don't misread.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:42 pm 

Qui-Gonzalez wrote:
vaderman wrote:
So is spending 2 years telling people the facts of what happened on the production 'bolstering'. I have a helmet and I told you where I got it from and because Gino's nose is put out of joint all of a sudden I'm 'bolstering' in your opinion.
I can see Gino's agenda but what is yours in all this.
You don't have to be concerned about my reputation but yours is on the skids.

Brian, you are proud of your acquisition. There is nothing wrong with bolstering. Don't misread.

Bolstering ?Is this an American term cos it ain't English :wink:
Hopefully this is done and we can draw a line under it and get back to the hobby
Brian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:44 pm 
Random avatar

One of the definitions is: to uphold. May not be the Queen's English, but it is English. :p

Man, if this anger towards me was caused by a non-clear definition of a word...I am going to be pissed...at myself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

I hope this will help: http://www.dictionary.net/bolstering :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:54 pm 
Random avatar

Dictionary.com, baby!

10. to add to, support, or uphold (sometimes fol. by up): They bolstered their morale by singing. He bolstered up his claim with new evidence

God, I feel like a dork for muh three dollar words.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:54 pm 

StarWars Collector wrote:
I hope this will help: http://www.dictionary.net/bolstering :wink:

Oh I understand now - support with a pillow :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:19 pm 

This is getting ridiculous fellas.

This is meant to be a fun hobby for all us. Qui I think it is fair to say that Gino is really taking the fun out of the hobby for a lot of people. We are lucky enough to have the original sculptor of Vader amongst us and Gino is treating him like a lowlife...

We should embrace the fact that industry professionals are willing to join our ranks and answer a multitude obscure questions. I find the attacks on Brian shocking and disrespectful.

How many other industry professionals will want to converse with us after the treatment Brian has received.

Mverta being banned from the RPF, and the mod support for Gino is just silly, things have gone nuts.

Joe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:36 pm 

JoeR wrote:
This is getting ridiculous fellas.

This is meant to be a fun hobby for all us. Qui I think it is fair to say that Gino is really taking the fun out of the hobby for a lot of people. We are lucky enough to have the original sculptor of Vader amongst us and Gino is treating him like a lowlife...

We should embrace the fact that industry professionals are willing to join our ranks and answer a multitude obscure questions. I find the attacks on Brian shocking and disrespectful.

How many other industry professionals will want to converse with us after the treatment Brian has received.

Mverta being banned from the RPF, and the mod support for Gino is just silly, things have gone nuts.

Joe

Ditto what Joe said :banger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:46 pm 
Random avatar

Oh come on now. I liked Mike as much as anyone, but he DID push the envelope just to see how far he could. That had nothing to do with moderation. It had to do with people having thin skin over internet words. Mike is Mike, man. It's all in how you take him. Myself for example, I have a weird sense of humor and use words with more syllables than are needed. It's my way. Look how much crap it got me in with a few people. I only regret that I offended, when it was not my intent, but the fact remains, I DID offend. We have to own our screwups, and I am quite certain that Mike could not give two s..ts that he was banned.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

Regardless of all this back and forth I must admit I was surprised that the RotJ helmets seems to have started out as ANH - at least the facemask. The thing is... the dome for ESB was fairly consistent in that it didn't have the round curve to the flanges, but do show some differences between the casts, so could easily have been ANH as well and then reworked into ESB or the ANH dome that was molded had some work done to it and then the rest was done after casting (which explains some of the differences!?).

It seems plausible that the same mold that made the ESB helmets was used for RotJ (with the possibility of only the dome being remolded for RotJ or simply just from the same mold), as it's likely the same mold that was used to make the SE tour pieces, and may in fact still exist to this day. It was quite a surprise to see the ANH look in Brian's mask... and also the TM that was ANH face and ESB dome. A pattern is definitely emerging here.

We have identified 1 RotJ hero - or did we identify more, still existing? Sorry... I've been busy, and can only remember the one I mentioned and which was then studied and confirmed as highly likely to identified on screen.

I will ask the question again, which I asked on the RPF: how many ESB helmets are accounted for and how many were actually made for the production?

It is stated that 2 or 3 were made for RotJ. What were these helmets in the production? The Reveal and the funeral pyre helmet? What? Would be interesting to know. And since some ESB's were carried over, some only the facemask... would it make sense that they then had a RotJ style dome mold or do the RotJ domes show the same minor differences to each other as the ESB's did?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

I'm thinking - the items we identify as still existing and matching them to screen captures should be posted on Star Wars Helmets, so people can see what still exists of the real props.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:37 pm 

The original RPF thread has been locked... again.

Anyways, people should consider doing a search for "Internet Troll Personality Disorder".

There are many fine definitions and examples, but these stuck out:

Quote:
The narcissistic personality disorder (is), “A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts….” Some indicative behavior are these:

* Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
* Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
* Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
* Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
* Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
* Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Source: http://www.neptunuslex.com/2007/08/08/p ... net-troll/

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

Interesting, first time I have heard of such a thing.

Reviews statuemodellarge-figure-review-section-vf203.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:43 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you, Mac.

Now, let's get this thread back ON topic.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:56 pm 

Wow, a lot happened since I abandoned the thread on RPF...fun reading. :wink:

So, Brian, do you think the ANH Vader chestbox was sculpted or a found item? :lol I would think that if it was sculpted you would have done it...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next