It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:56 am 
Random avatar
That's quite a collection of lids.
Actually, for someone with that many lids to compare, I'd very much like for you to get a v2 so that you can compare and see what I am claiming is not just talk.
I'm trying to finish off my extras to put up for sale in the next month, so you may get your chance. Both stunt and hero.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:10 pm 

I have a TE HDPE and a TE2. Even though the pull is a bit soft on the TE2 I think I like the shape better than the HDPE one. Mine has very thin plastic on one side because I bothered Matt until he tried to get a perfect pull for me. As a result it's lost paint on that side because its so flexible. I also had to not fill in the teardrops as much as I'd like because they arent very sharp and the paint would make them worse looking.

Still, I love this one. Gonna turn it TK and add stripes soon I think.

And futhermore in light of recent information, and clarification of old information, I would have to agree that Gino does have the best product.
If I get the chance, I would love one of your V2's
(maybe I'll sell my HDPE to help gather funds.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:43 pm 

I dont think there has been much mention of the TM helmet, now i know the armour is a complete scratch build but i think it is one of the nicer sets of armour and looks fantastic, what are other's thoughts on this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

Think the forum guidelines needs to be checked out more by people, as many of the things I've heard here go against them. We are not the RPF or any other forum, we are The Den and we have our own rules, created exactly because we are NOT like anyone else and never want to be, as there's too much censoring and deleting on the other forums and stuff we were not allowed to talk about... and it pissed me off!

I know I'm no longer part of the staff, but The Den is still my creation in corporation with StarWars Collector and Vaapad - WE created this place to be different and free of censorship and the mod-police.

Now, back on topic. Iirc, the TE2 maker has been made aware that the pulls have been soft and he is working to fix it... don't know if he already has done so, but I think it was talked about over at mepd.net.

I am no judge when it comes to Stormtrooper helmets, so I will not comment on which is better or worse - I will leave that to those who know more than me. To me they all look good. :cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:32 pm 

Quote:
Think the forum guidelines needs to be checked out more by people, as many of the things I've heard here go against them. We are not the RPF or any other forum, we are The Den and we have our own rules, created exactly because we are NOT like anyone else and never want to be, as there's too much censoring and deleting on the other forums and stuff we were not allowed to talk about... and it pissed me off!

I know I'm no longer part of the staff, but The Den is still my creation in corporation with StarWars Collector and Vaapad - WE created this place to be different and free of censorship and the mod-police.

I understand the concept but we won't have any information if key members are banned, SOB's or not there is some good information to be had. By cherrypick editing (strictly rule breaking items) not wholesale slash and burn you get the best of a bad situation. Besides banning is the ultimate censorship.

Doug

Last edited by wannab on Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

wannab wrote:
Quote:

I understand the concept but we won't have any information if key members are banned, SOB's or not there is some good information to be had. By cherrypick editing (strictly rule breaking items) not wholesale slash and burn you get the best of a bad situation.
Doug

If those members can't figure out how to behave... then what good does any censoring do? Take responsibility of your own actions as you will be judged by them... don't expect others to, because you felt you were beyond common sense.

There is no snip and tuck... if members can't constrain themselves, then away they go - regardless of what kind of status or knowledge they may have or think they have. Editing a member's post is absolutely the very last resort, which is why it is so rarely done, but that doesn't mean that staff can't encourage the member to edit his post himself.

But all this is quite OT for this topic and should be discussed in the appropriate place instead, such as the Feedback and Suggestions section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:45 pm 

Is TM another guy that makes Stormtrooper helmets?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

Darth_Finger wrote:
Is TM another guy that makes Stormtrooper helmets?

Yup, TrooperMaster. You can see pictures of his armor in mepd.net

Can't remember if pictures of his stuff has been posted here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:01 pm 

I think the TM helmets are fantastic but they are still fan made they do not have any lineage to originals so can't really be considered as the most accurate IMO absolutely stunning sculpts though for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:09 pm 

Cool, thanks for the info guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:33 pm 

One of these days I need to pick up a stunt helmet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:05 pm 

Defstartrooper wrote:
I think the TM helmets are fantastic but they are still fan made they do not have any lineage to originals so can't really be considered as the most accurate IMO absolutely stunning sculpts though for sure.

The title of this tread is 'What is the most accurate fanmade trooper helmet?' so this should be definately be talked about!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:35 pm 

How many different makers are there on these fan made stormtrooper helmets?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:25 pm 
Random avatar

To me, I like all the main fanmade helmets for different reasons, and I think they all have their strengths and weaknesses. For overall look and attention to detail I definitely like Gino's helmet the most, based on pics that I have seen. I think Gino is one of those people that is a cursed perfectionist. Although he seems to come off as arrogant at times I think it is because he really does try to get things right. I would also like to own a TE HDPE as well. Right now I have 3 SDS helmets (1 stunt and 2 Heros). I would like to own one of Gino's V2 'stunt' helmets as well if that were possible. I think any serious ST helmet collector should probably have all of these helmets.

Although I know the SDS helmets are not entirely accurate and there is much controversy over whether they came from the original moulds, I like the fact that they are made by someone who worked on the original film. I suppose however that the SDS lids are not really considerded to be fanmade helmets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:10 am 

Quote:
The title of this tread is 'What is the most accurate fanmade trooper helmet?' so this should be definately be talked about!!!

Absolutely Pauls sculpt is outstanding and without any doubt the most accurate original sculpt to date.
In my eyes though you can't surpass a direct copy of original parts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10