It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:57 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Don Post Standard - Total Conversion Project
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:09 am 
Site Admin

Shape is good, but it looks to me like you are doing the same size as an original dome and not the scaled down dome that was suggested and illustrated. I would pull the whole sculpt in by at least one whole centimeter. And for the flange skirts, don't go for a perfect circle but rather more like a U shape with straighter sides going into a rounder back section.

Like so:
(Sorry, can't remember who took this picture, but it is of the 1 of 13 GH helmet series of pictures - if you want me to remove it, just let me know)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:34 pm 
Random avatar

i have to say... very impressive. awsome job so far.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:40 pm 

Thanks for the pic Carsten. It looks alot different now than it did in the last pics. I did alot more shaping and shaving down last night. I just don't have any more pics yet to show.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:43 am 
Random avatar

:wink:

I have a question....how do you make a mold for the helmet after you make it out of clay first?????

I mean the clay, does it have to harden first then you make a mold then or how do you do it from the clay to the plastic helmet....(It is a form of plastic isn't it? :conf )

DarthVadernut72

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:53 am 

Well..once I have the desired shape and size...which will be some what crude I suppose due to the fact I'm no sculpter...I'll make a mold from the clay sculpt. That and a copy of the mask will be sent back to Mac for his fine tuning. Both of which I'd better get done before he yells at me. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:34 pm 
Random avatar

:cool:

Just a note to see how things are coming along......

Darthvadernut72

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:06 pm 

T's been busy with his clay sculpt of the dome. We won't know how it works until he molds it and makes a casting and we set it up with the mask.

I have options in my head so no worries. :thumbsup

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:11 pm 
Random avatar

hows everything going on here??? :wink:

Hope every one is well and doing ok..
I don't know where you all live but it's cold here and wet and rainy today...45 and a wind chill of 43

Darthvadernut72

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:19 pm 

The clay sculpt is about done. T' simply has to mold it and make a first casting. He's been a bit overworked, worn out and under the weather. Me too... been fighting some kind of head cold / congestion (not sure if it's due to the storm).

Once I get a casting of the dome along with a casting of Standie (of course, we'll have to come up with a better name... can you think of one?) I'll be able to get a better assessment of the shape. And even if it didn't quite work out, I've gained considerable experience recently in hacking things up and re-assembling them again into a more desirable shape. It's a lot of work, but I'm no longer fearful of going to an extreme to get the shape I want. :thumbsup

- Mac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:07 pm 
Random avatar

sounds good to me on what you are doing!

it doesent sound good tho that you are all sick...we've had some wierd viruses going around here, and it's been cold all summer and wet, so the mold count is going higher here because of the rain, which in turn is making every one in my family have itchy eyes and runny noses from the high mold count.

I saw on the news here that you guys got tons of rain...I hope you and T werent flooded out.

Take care and drink fluids, drink tea with honey and stay warm and eat chicken soup!! It works!!

Darthvadernut72

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:09 pm 

Yes mom! :salut

My boss told me, "Go home. We don't want the Pig Flu!" :toothy

- Mac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:28 pm 
Random avatar

CSMacLaren wrote:
Yes mom! :salut

My boss told me, "Go home. We don't want the Pig Flu!" :toothy

I can understand that....Swine flu has been around here and we are wondering if we had in in the late winter early spring this year...we were very sick and felt like crap for days after we recovered....then a month later they "discovered"the swine flu!!

actually the only way you can know if you have it is to go to your Dr to get tested for theSwine flu...from what I heard the flu can have some nasty side effects that are killing people with other health problems....it is causing lesions in the lungs and also blood clots......

If you have problems breathing ask your Dr to do an enhanced CT scan on your chest...it can show the tiny blood clots....

Darthvadernut72

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:39 pm 

Yeah...over worked is an understatement.. :ac10 .. :lol

No swine flu here yet...just plain old fasioned exhaustion. I'll get this stuff out to Mac as soon as I can. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:09 pm 
Random avatar

T-VIRUS wrote:
Yeah...over worked is an understatement.. :ac10 .. :lol

No swine flu here yet...just plain old fasioned exhaustion. I'll get this stuff out to Mac as soon as I can. :thumbsup

Thank you T-Virus!!!

Get some rest and take your time on this...I don't want you making yourself more exhausted on finishing this...I can wait a bit more for it......

i hope you don't get the swine flu either like i just wrote about to Mac...it's pretty nasty and causing a lot of problems....Every one wash your hands and use sanitizer when your out and at home before you eat...take Vitamin C to help your immune systems...and if you can stay away from people that are sick...I can't tell you how many people here in my state that have been in public that are sick and are out shopping at the food stores ...they look horrible and cough all over everything.... :nono I think food store managers should make people wear masks that are sick before they enter a food store....or else not be allowed in the produce section

Darthvadernut72

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:49 am 
Random avatar

Every one here doing ok?

Last time I wrote every one was sick or exhausted.... :slp :pale

My family has finally been hit again with the Swine flu and hopefully this is the last of it. My sister got it this week and had nearly suffocated from it..she went and was treated for it and is recpvering...scared the beans out of all of us....

Please let me know how you all oare I havent heard anything and I hope all is well.

Darthvadernut72 (Diana)

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next