It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: 1:1 Scale True Symmetrical Trooper Helmet
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:39 pm 

Ok FINALLY!! the digital work has been done for the TS Trooper helemt. Gaurav Kumar is the artist who worked with me to achieve what i wanted for this 1:1 scale wearable version. those of you who know about the previous thread i made for the 1/4 scale version. know what we did to achieve the look and feel of the OT helmets but in a true symmetrical fashion. as you will see here in the images below. we added functional detailing that the Rogue One helmets have. but in a manor to where we retained the OT detailing shapes and forms that we had achieved for the 1/4 scale verison. which you can see here.. http://thepropden.aokforums.com/true-symmetrical-trooper-helmet-vt4962.html
Here are some finalized colored renders. These helmets will have options. Flat lenses and or bubble lenses. Original vocoder and or new R1 inspired vocoder.
now it's off to the printers. so please stay tuned for more to come. and i do hope you guys like what you see.

Last edited by DynamicMenace on Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 1:1 Scale True Symmetrical Trooper Helmet
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:56 pm 

I'm not convinced by the Rogue One stormtroopers (too much cleaned and sanitized IMO).

But I can understand that they didn't want to go to the "cheap" way used by Lucas in 1975.

So as "reworked" classic stormtroopers, I would have prefer to see this helmet on screen.

That's a very nice work. Even if it's symmetrical, it keeps its agressiv look. I really really like and would be one of the only "no on screen" prop that I would love to add to my collection!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:21 am 

Nairod wrote:
I'm not convinced by the Rogue One stormtroopers (too much cleaned and sanitized IMO).

But I can understand that they didn't want to go to the "cheap" way used by Lucas in 1975.

So as "reworked" classic stormtroopers, I would have prefer to see this helmet on screen.

That's a very nice work. Even if it's symmetrical, it keeps its agressiv look. I really really like and would be one of the only "no on screen" prop that I would love to add to my collection!!

thank you glad you like it., i know the R1 lids were not all that accurate. but i did love the idea of the functional details they added. and i wanted to do that ina way where wew still retained the details and aspects of the ot lids. really cannot wait to have an actual helemt in hand. stay tuned

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:27 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, the functional details idea was perfect, but executed not so perfect, going more for angular on the tube stripes instead of the curved and it just felt wrong.

Personally, even though this is based on a stunt, I think this helmet is ideal for bubble lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:09 am 

No Humor Man wrote:
Yeah, the functional details idea was perfect, but executed not so perfect, going more for angular on the tube stripes instead of the curved and it just felt wrong.

Personally, even though this is based on a stunt, I think this helmet is ideal for bubble lenses.

thanks carsten, yeah they had the right idea but they should have stuck to the originals more and the details they had.

yeah i think a slightly rounded lense would be nice as well. but will make it an option for both, with another option for the vocoder as well. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:08 am 

Really nice work you did there :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
Also had prefered to see this in RO instead of the helmets they have chosen to made.

Agree to Carsten, would look cool with bubble lenses for sure as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:11 am 

Turrican wrote:
Really nice work you did there :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
Also had prefered to see this in RO instead of the helmets they have chosen to made.

Agree to Carsten, would look cool with bubble lenses for sure as well.

thank you , and yes we will have bubble lenses as an option. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:12 pm 

Very nice helmet work there Dan. :thumbsup

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:05 pm 

jkno wrote:
Very nice helmet work there Dan. :thumbsup

thank you Sarg , doing a few minor adjustments and then will show the fully colored versions. :toothy :toothy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:13 pm 

posted new colored renders of the TS in the initial post. These helmets will have options.
Flat lenses and or bubble lenses. Original vocoder and or new R1 inspired vocoder. now it's off to the printers. :toothy :toothy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, the R1 details done in the OT style - tube stripes curved instead of straight - really look great on this helmet. Really like the mix and the bubble lenses really fit this helmet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:39 pm 

No Humor Man wrote:
Yeah, the R1 details done in the OT style - tube stripes curved instead of straight - really look great on this helmet. Really like the mix and the bubble lenses really fit this helmet.

thanks a lot. yeah im extremely satisfied with how everything this turned out for this. :toothy :cheers

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:36 am 

Well I dunno what it is about this bucket, but it looks AMAZING!. Personally I love symmetry. And both lenses look so cool I can’t decide, though bubbled seem to fit perfectly. Can’t wait to see the print result.
Great job, Kudos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:20 pm 

jcgardea wrote:
Well I dunno what it is about this bucket, but it looks AMAZING!. Personally I love symmetry. And both lenses look so cool I can’t decide, though bubbled seem to fit perfectly. Can’t wait to see the print result.
Great job, Kudos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you, well if your a fan of the OT lids, then thats probably it. i wanted to replicate them as to what they would have looked on screen if they were symmetrical back in 77.
seems how this helemt is a rendition of the concept. i am making a few minor adjustments to heleltm but nothing that will take away from tis looks you see here.
more to come stay tuned.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:06 pm 

made some minor adjustments to the cheek tube stripes. made them thicker. first ones were a bit too thin.
also adjusted the tube on the bottom in the center of the back of the helmet. made it slightly thicker vertically. for a better more even transition to the tubes on the sides.
previous version seem to come more to a point than i felt it should. also needed to have it smoothed out it bit more as well.

Profile E-mail