It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Split topic: Vader discussion: Gino
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:14 am 

Virtually any thread touched by "He must not be named" ends up in the "priceless" category. :eek

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Finally have a finished SL ANH :D
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:34 am 

The TIE Pilot helmet thread on RPF became hilarious when he repeatedly refused to answer any questions like a spoiled kid. LOL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:03 pm 

Oh! You gotta see the new Rogue One Darth Vader discussion on the RPF.

He chimes in page 2.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=260573

Trying to divert this meandering Yugo's tangent back on track...
And no, I don't expect the Rogue One Vader to look 100% like the Tantive Vader - or the helmet to look like the SL. But I expect it to look infinitely closer to the ANH Vader than the ROTS helmet.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:24 pm 
Random avatar

Gina just wanted to show his Vader which no one cars about any longer :lol

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:39 pm 

Darth Niob wrote:
Gina just wanted to show his Vader which no one cars about any longer :lol

:toothy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:52 pm 

craigjohn wrote:
Oh! You gotta see the new Rogue One Darth Vader discussion on the RPF.

He chimes in page 2.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=260573

Trying to divert this meandering Yugo's tangent back on track...
And no, I don't expect the Rogue One Vader to look 100% like the Tantive Vader - or the helmet to look like the SL. But I expect it to look infinitely closer to the ANH Vader than the ROTS helmet.

it has to be an ANH version . and if Disney screws this up like they did with TFA, ill be heartbroken :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:45 am 
Random avatar

Man that helmet is something else Thomas! A work of art that only few can really appreciate. Like looking at a real Van Gogh painting except better lol.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Vader discussion
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:50 am 

The Rogue One Vader is crap.
I'm sure after you guys see it you will agree. If you like it for what it is, fine.That's your choice. But it is a poor imitation of the original Vader.
You guys may hate Gino but I have yet to see a more accurate Vader costume. Prove me wrong if you can.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:14 am 

Midnight Trooper wrote:
You guys may hate Gino but I have yet to see a more accurate Vader costume. Prove me wrong if you can.

Take a tall drink of DarthKaro's Vader. I'd take than any day of G-man's.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:59 am 
Random avatar

I haven't seen the Rogue One Vader so I'll hold out any judgement of the lid. Any Vader in it has to be better than Ep 3 Vader, period. Unless the new standards allow him to use either preference of restrooms and he's feeling overly in touch with his feminine side, I'm just happy we get a glimpse(and I rely hope that's about all we get).

As far as helmets go though, I was referring to the SL in my earlier comment, and I'm convinced there is none better. And the more I study that paint up, the more I hear Yoda's warning to Luke on his stance on being afraid...I really thought the ESB paint up was more advanced due to the crispness, however I'm thinking the sharp lines effect is rally just a more simplistic effect to achieve the visual break up of color/light. I'm ready to paint my ESB trooping lid finally, and there's zero fear. The ANH scheme is much more confusing...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:31 am 

dcarty wrote:
Midnight Trooper wrote:

Take a tall drink of DarthKaro's Vader. I'd take than any day of G-man's.

I am sure his costume is very good as well. But I honestly have not seen more than one picture and that was long ago. Last time I asked to see some I got yelled at so...

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:25 am 
Random avatar

Midnight Trooper wrote:
I'm sure after you guys see it you will agree. If you like it for what it is, fine.That's your choice. But it is a poor imitation of the original Vader.

Not surprised to see such a comment especially from you :lol Just because people aren't posting and promoting their own stuff like the G-man doesn't mean that there aren't great lifesize Vaders out there. But yeah, since Gina is the only man on this planet who was able to get the real accurate stuff and everyone else stuff is crap you might be right :lol
I still have no idea why guys like you and some very few others love your Gina so much that you always come up when the discussion is about him or one of his comments. Even if he would own all three original OT Vader costumes i couldn't bring it over my heart to support such a poor character. Holy shit whats wrong with you? :lol

As for your and Ginos opinion regarding the R1 Vader.....someone involved in the production in any way seems to be a little bit to informativ for Disneys taste and leaking pics?? If i would be part of whatever i would be a little bit more careful before making such posts just to make you important :rolleyes

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:15 am 

Midnight Trooper wrote:

I don't hate anyone. There are a few people I dislike for a little while, but I get over it. No sense wasting time and energy on something so trivial. Just wish someone give him a pin, though.

While his Vader costume is accurate, the only part of the costume that interests me is from the neck up. With that, judging strictly from photography, the finished SL's have my vote. ...and if I ever see a finished (complete) TM ANH....I might change my mind. ;)

Last edited by craigjohn on Fri May 20, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:19 am 

Darth Niob wrote:
Midnight Trooper wrote:

Not surprised to see such a comment especially from you :lol Just because people aren't posting and promoting their own stuff like the G-man doesn't mean that there aren't great lifesize Vaders out there. But yeah, since Gina is the only man on this planet who was able to get the real accurate stuff and everyone else stuff is crap you might be right :lol
I still have no idea why guys like you and some very few others love your Gina so much that you always come up when the discussion is about him or one of his comments. Even if he would own all three original OT Vader costumes i couldn't bring it over my heart to support such a poor character. Holy shit whats wrong with you? :lol

As for your and Ginos opinion regarding the R1 Vader.....someone involved in the production in any way seems to be a little bit to informativ for Disneys taste and leaking pics?? If i would be part of whatever i would be a little bit more careful before making such posts just to make you important :rolleyes

That was well said. What are you about 5 years old?
Seriously your attitude is so childish. Sorry you hate Gino so much but actually I'm not at all interested what you think about him. I was talking about his costume.

You also seem to be reading sarcasm into my comments about not seeing other people's costumes. I'm genuinely curious where people are seeing all these other wonderful Vader displays. I've only ever seem about 2 pictures I can think of.

As for your little dig about leaking pictures, you know the reason this discussion started was because some pictures leaked right?
I don't seek to make myself important to people I don't respect. Just sharing my opinion. Take a chill pill dude.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:29 am 

More on topic:
I think the Original SL helmet casting is quite good.
(edit: not worth a fight)