It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Star Wars eps7,8 & 9
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:14 am 

Ok, we all know that Disney bought star wars. Lucas film ltd skywalker sound and ilm.
the article i read says it may take place 20 to 30 years in the future after ROTJ. becasue the prequels were abotu 20 years prior to the OT.
i also read that Disney plans on making more star wars films every 2 to 3 years after the new trilogy.
just imagine, with Lucas out of the way the possibilities are endless. and i really think these new films are going to kick some major ass.
so what do you all think the next three movies will be about? and what do you think should be done in the next trilogy? and do you think the clone factor will play a role in the villains?
for example, was it really the emperor or Vader on the new death star when they died? :wtf
and what other star wars movies would you all like to see be made? with the expanded universe. the stories could be endless.
im thinking a forced unleashed or a KOTOR or TOR would be some killer flicks. or a film about Vader hunting down the remainder of the Jedi in his suit. between eps3 and eps4

man i can not wait for 2015. :headbang

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Star Wars eps7,8 & 9
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:18 am 
Site Admin

I hope Lucas isn't out of the way for the next three. He IS Star Wars. He just works better as the idea man and leave someone else to the writing and directing. Hope John Williams is back to score.

Honestly, I want to see and follow Luke. I want to see how he's matured and become a great Jedi master, setting up a new Jedi order that is more balanced than it appeared in the PT days, where they just seemed to be rather arrogant and self-righteous and self-serving under the guise of "being protectors of democracy and peace". I'd even love to see Leia in whatever role she'll be playing in the new republic and whether she can handle the responsibilities thrown at her. And lastly, I want to see how Solo has turned out after Jedi. I doubt he'd feel very comfortable about the whole notion of settling down. But other than that... I'm ready for new characters. And I really have no clue what these stories will be about. Maybe we'll learn why there was an area on Dagobah that was full of the dark side of the force. I'd like to see what happened to the Empire after the emperor died... will it be absorbed by the Republic and will they serve as their military and what kind of problems that would bring in the post civil war. Will there be a new enemy... and if so... who, what and from where?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:53 am 

dont worry. Lucas is going to be a consultant to the films. the article said that he already has a story line inplace for the next thre. (like i always knew he had) . so he will still have his hands in the pot. and your right he is star wars. but with him out of the way there wont be any restrictions on how things will be. i really thought that was his down fall in the prequels. becasue he had complete control over everything and wanted to do things his way and not what the fans wanted. dont get me wrong. i really liked TPM the best out of the three. i think if Lucas would have done the exact same thing as he did in the OT. just being an executive producer and writer and had different directors for the films. the prequels would have been a lot better IMO.

yeah im with you. the next three should be about Luke Liea and Han. and from what i got from the article it will be.
man this whole debate on what the films will contain or reveal is really going to be fun over the next couple of years.

this is really great news. i cant wait. :toothy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:00 am 
Random avatar

I dont want to see any new Star Wars movies. In my opinion the PT movies were crap ...no charm, no esprit, bad dialoges, bad cgi effects like in a pc game, lousy actors, entmystification of the force, childish sense of humor etc etc. The few promising characters like Maul or Doocu had not much presence in the movie and died to fast. The new movies could be some nice Scifi movies but they have nothing to do with SW for me. SW is Han, Luke, Leia and Vader and inseparable connected with Harrison Ford, Hamill, Fisher etc. I'm not interested in any new movies based on the EU or PC games. SW was one of the best experiences in my whole life for me but its good as it is now....i love the OT, i hate the PT (havent watched them since years) and it just can become worse. Just imagine Robert Pattinson and Kristin Stewart or "actors" like them in a leading role as Jedi lovers or Han and Leias children fighting another Sithlord from the EU.....omg......it would destroy everything for me. And its certainly no consolation that Lucas is still behind the scenes. He lost his former talent making great movies completely. He also ruined Indy with this unbelievable bad Chrystal skull....so it would be better to see him in pension.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:53 pm 

i can agree with you on some points about the PT. but to say the spfx that ILM did was bad or looked like a video game i dont agree. that was the one great thing about the PT. i think the spfx will be even better in these new movies. only becasue the technology has advanced so much since then.
and the new movies will have something to do with star wars. because Lucas himself wrote the outline story that will be used for them. and he will be a consultant only. i understand what your saying about him being behind the scenes.
but all the producing writing and directing will be done by someone else. so all of the things you've mentioned about Lucas ruining the PT and not having that talent for making great movies anymore. is all the reason why these new films could have the potential of being really good.
but like no humor man said. George is star wars. with out him there wouldn't be any star wars. and i believe by him selling all of his companies to Disney and handing over the reins if you will. he is conceding that he lost his greatness. and also he is basically giving the fans what they wanted. a chance for the films to be made the way the fans want to see them.

i can understand your reasoning of not wanting to see any EU films or stories. but i think it would be great to see them as full length feature film as long as they are done right and have that star wars look and feel to them.

and i know your going to hate this when i say this . but. i wouldn't be surprised if they remake the OT. and do them the way Lucas wanted to initially but couldn't due to the technology and efx not being advanced enough to do so due to the time period.. but then again. they might not go there. becasue that might open up a can of worms with the die hard fans of the OT.

im just as much of a die hard star wars fan as the next guy. so the more star wars the better. :cheers

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:29 pm 
Random avatar

Regarding the special effect...why you think not one of the new movies got an Academy Award for effects? The bad thing with CGI is that the movement and fights looks like in a jump and run game....just remember this crappy Yoda/Dooku fight or the sequences in EP 2 in this arena...when the figures are jumping on or off a monster. Everything looks so unnatural. Remember CGI Yoda or Jabba. The puppets look way more realistic like all the CGI ones. CGI in Lord of the rings was way better but also not perfect. And everything was so excessive colorfull and full of creatures (even in the background) just be able to produce many toys and statues...it was simply to much. All the political story ....the OT doesnt need this. There is really nothing with any cult factor in the PT. Even my grandma who never has watched Star Wars has known what a Stormtrooper or Vader or Jabba is....what is remarkable from the PT.
I admit that the new SW movies will be interesting for the newer fans/childs since they grown up with them, but i doubt that the majority of the OT fans will see these movies with a direct connection to the OT. Just because a company is calling a movie a SW movie doesnt mean its real Star Wars.

My biggest hope is they choose a real cool and talented director like Christopher Nolan and doing SW episodes in a very dark style with some really good actors...not just some Teenie Stars. No movies for childs with Jar Jar Binks, fighting Yodas and big Barbie puppets like Amidala. Good dialogs and esprit with a great movie score from John Williams.At least that would mean to have a chance to see a really good scifi movie but even that wouldnt bring that feeling back i once had with the OT movies.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

DynamicMenace wrote:
and i know your going to hate this when i say this . but. i wouldn't be surprised if they remake the OT. and do them the way Lucas wanted to initially but couldn't due to the technology and efx not being advanced enough to do so due to the time period.. but then again. they might not go there. becasue that might open up a can of worms with the die hard fans of the OT.

There would be absolutely NO issue with that if they just released the theatrical versions, cleaned up and restored like all other movies. Then no one would mind the continual tweaking and changes.

Just look at how Blade Runner is available in ALL its incarnations! ALL are available... and that is how it should be with Star Wars as well!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:27 am 

Darth Niob wrote:
Regarding the special effect...why you think not one of the new movies got an Academy Award for effects? The bad thing with CGI is that the movement and fights looks like in a jump and run game....just remember this crappy Yoda/Dooku fight or the sequences in EP 2 in this arena...when the figures are jumping on or off a monster. Everything looks so unnatural. Remember CGI Yoda or Jabba. The puppets look way more realistic like all the CGI ones. CGI in Lord of the rings was way better but also not perfect. And everything was so excessive colorfull and full of creatures (even in the background) just be able to produce many toys and statues...it was simply to much. All the political story ....the OT doesnt need this. There is really nothing with any cult factor in the PT. Even my grandma who never has watched Star Wars has known what a Stormtrooper or Vader or Jabba is....what is remarkable from the PT.
I admit that the new SW movies will be interesting for the newer fans/childs since they grown up with them, but i doubt that the majority of the OT fans will see these movies with a direct connection to the OT. Just because a company is calling a movie a SW movie doesnt mean its real Star Wars.

My biggest hope is they choose a real cool and talented director like Christopher Nolan and doing SW episodes in a very dark style with some really good actors...not just some Teenie Stars. No movies for childs with Jar Jar Binks, fighting Yodas and big Barbie puppets like Amidala. Good dialogs and esprit with a great movie score from John Williams.At least that would mean to have a chance to see a really good scifi movie but even that wouldnt bring that feeling back i once had with the OT movies.

you do make a good point on the spfx. what you just mentioned and now that i think back and remember . yeah some if was sketchy. specially when the live actors were in the shot. but it was still the best thing of the PT. thats really the point i was trying to make. :lol but even they didn't win an academy award TPM and AOTC was nominated. i still think some of the spfx was good. specially for the amount of spfx that was used. (like the whole film ) like the pod-racer scenes. those were pretty intense. the space battle scenes or when ever they showed a ship in space. or the planets from a distance. just the scenery on coruscant alone was impressive. and the clone trooper battle scene when the troopers move in and the dust is blowing around from explosions. or the chase of jango fet and obi-wan in the asteroid field in there space ships the slave one and jedi starfighter. i thought those were all good. but your right. when they brought in real life actors you could tell it was CG in some if not most scenes. i guess just the whole aspect and imagination and work that went into those efx was pretty impressive to me. and if they would have left the live actors out then maybe they would have won and award? :lol

well i think we all will be hoping for good actors who have chemestry. that is a must. like Mark, Carrie and Harrison had. when watching the casting tapes you can see the chemistry they all had compared to all the other actors who tried out. even with the other actors doing the lines with Harrison. they didn't have the chemestry. but when Mark and Carrie did it with him. you could see why George choose them for the parts.

Nolan may be good choice.. but i would like to see what James Cameron could do and possibly Peter Jackson. i just hope they have different directors for each film so each film stays fresh.
and i agree. im hoping it will be more for the older fans of star wars like us who grew up with the OT films. not for little kids. but im pretty sure it will be. only becasue George isn't in control any more..:D and that the people who will be doing the new films are people like us. fans of star wars. people who were influenced by it when they were kids.

and john Williams is no brainer. thats the one aspect of star wars that absolutely cannot be changed. you cant have anyone else doing that. the music really is 50% of the films success i think. if you didn't have him doing it. then they might as well not make them then IMHO.

come on man, we all know nothing will ever bring back that feeling we all had as kids watching the OT. dont get me wrong on all the points or opinions im talking about here. there will never ever be anything that will ever replace or be better than the OT. those three films changed the film industry for ever. if it wasn't for those three films. films wouldn't be where they are today. and im talking about all aspects of the film industry. from start to finish and all that there is in between

No Humor Man wrote:
There would be absolutely NO issue with that if they just released the theatrical versions, cleaned up and restored like all other movies. Then no one would mind the continual tweaking and changes.

Just look at how Blade Runner is available in ALL its incarnations! ALL are available... and that is how it should be with Star Wars as well!

yeah thats true possibly. so your saying that no one would mind if they completely remade the OT? im sure some would be irate over that. but i think it would be cool. but didn't they release the theatrical versions on dvd and cleaned them up and restored them a few years back but not on blue ray? im pretty sure they did. and yeah it would be nice if they did make the theatrical versions all cleaned up even more with enhances audio on blue ray. i have the collectors blue ray set and when i put in ANH for the first time on blu ray i was blown away with all the detail. the OT is so ahead of its time when i was watching it on blue ray it was like watching a film from today. in a sense they are the theatrical versions but with added scenes. but to have the actual theatrical versions would definitely bring back the memories of when i was a kid, id put money on it that they will be doing that at some point in th4e near future. they would be foolish not too. they will make a ton of money on it thats for sure.
but i was talking about remaking the OT all together. brand new films with new actors. do them the way Lucas wanted to initially before he found out he couldn't do to the technology and budget he had at the time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:11 am 

Sorry to say, but I am also in the pack that would not pay to go see any new Star Wars movie. Also a big OT fan mostly because of the real sets and back grounds. Jar Jar Binks, Tarzan yelling Wookies, pinball Yoda, Play station look to everything kind of a presentation just turns me off.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:02 am 

Darth Stone wrote:
Sorry to say, but I am also in the pack that would not pay to go see any new Star Wars movie. Also a big OT fan mostly because of the real sets and back grounds. Jar Jar Binks, Tarzan yelling Wookies, pinball Yoda, Play station look to everything kind of a presentation just turns me off.

i hear ya, but hey just think of this. the way you and others feel may be the way the people who are going to be doing the new films feel.
they may be doing them the old school way. just like the OT. now that would killer wouldn't it?

but hey check this article i just found. the 4bill that Lucas received form Disney he will be donating it to education. WOW! thats pretty impressive ild have to say.

her eis the article.. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/0 ... 67145.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:12 am 

Yup, I too have read about his generosity. It is also one kick ass tax deduction.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:15 am 

I am a big OT fan, so if Disney screws up, I will still have my OT.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:41 am 
Site Admin

DynamicMenace wrote:
yeah thats true possibly. so your saying that no one would mind if they completely remade the OT? im sure some would be irate over that. but i think it would be cool. but didn't they release the theatrical versions on dvd and cleaned them up and restored them a few years back but not on blue ray? im pretty sure they did.

Nope, they didn't. It was a crappy non anamorphic, mono, laserdisc master transfer. Just a slight bit better than VHS, but not even what you'd call DVD quality.

And if I have the original theatrical versions restored on Blu Ray then I wouldn't care what anyone did after that. They can redo the OT with muppets for all I care. I can't see the point of it, but if I have the theatrical OT, then I wouldn't care.

DynamicMenace wrote:
and yeah it would be nice if they did make the theatrical versions all cleaned up even more with enhances audio on blue ray. i have the collectors blue ray set and when i put in ANH for the first time on blu ray i was blown away with all the detail. the OT is so ahead of its time when i was watching it on blue ray it was like watching a film from today. in a sense they are the theatrical versions but with added scenes. but to have the actual theatrical versions would definitely bring back the memories of when i was a kid, id put money on it that they will be doing that at some point in th4e near future. they would be foolish not too. they will make a ton of money on it thats for sure.

That's what's called an Special Edition or Extended Edition version, which is the theatrical version with stuff added to it and altered. It's not the theatrical cut, therefore, not the original films.

DynamicMenace wrote:
but i was talking about remaking the OT all together. brand new films with new actors. do them the way Lucas wanted to initially before he found out he couldn't do to the technology and budget he had at the time.

I've been saying that for years. If Lucas is so disappointed in his original films, he should redo them exactly as he wanted them to begin with, as I can't fathom how anyone can be satisfied with that train wreck called the SE. All I need is the theatrical OT restored on BR... then I couldn't care less what else is changed on the movies.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

This is interesting:

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/11/2/lu ... ilogy.html

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:12 pm 

No Humor Man wrote:
DynamicMenace wrote:
yeah thats true possibly. so your saying that no one would mind if they completely remade the OT? im sure some would be irate over that. but i think it would be cool. but didn't they release the theatrical versions on dvd and cleaned them up and restored them a few years back but not on blue ray? im pretty sure they did.

Nope, they didn't. It was a crappy non anamorphic, mono, laserdisc master transfer. Just a slight bit better than VHS, but not even what you'd call DVD quality.

And if I have the original theatrical versions restored on Blu Ray then I wouldn't care what anyone did after that. They can redo the OT with muppets for all I care. I can't see the point of it, but if I have the theatrical OT, then I wouldn't care.

DynamicMenace wrote:
and yeah it would be nice if they did make the theatrical versions all cleaned up even more with enhances audio on blue ray. i have the collectors blue ray set and when i put in ANH for the first time on blu ray i was blown away with all the detail. the OT is so ahead of its time when i was watching it on blue ray it was like watching a film from today. in a sense they are the theatrical versions but with added scenes. but to have the actual theatrical versions would definitely bring back the memories of when i was a kid, id put money on it that they will be doing that at some point in th4e near future. they would be foolish not too. they will make a ton of money on it thats for sure.

That's what's called an Special Edition or Extended Edition version, which is the theatrical version with stuff added to it and altered. It's not the theatrical cut, therefore, not the original films.

DynamicMenace wrote:

I've been saying that for years. If Lucas is so disappointed in his original films, he should redo them exactly as he wanted them to begin with, as I can't fathom how anyone can be satisfied with that train wreck called the SE. All I need is the theatrical OT restored on BR... then I couldn't care less what else is changed on the movies.

ok gottcha.. :thumbsup

Profile E-mail