It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: eFX ANH Hero Stormtrooper Legend Edition
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

Just heard the news and saw the picture linked to on Rebelscum. A bit too shiny, but looking really good - shape-wise.

Post subject: Re: eFX ANH Hero Stormtrooper Legend Edition
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:41 am 

The shape ought to look good as its cast from an original screen-used hero helmet.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:44 am 

Anyone know if there's new evidence regarding the lenses or is GINO's statement they were definately green just another one of his claims without foundation ?
Has someone from LFL or elsewhere actually come forward and confirmed this or an original lense been found in the archives somewhere or something ?
Or is this just another little baiting comment from GINO to start a debate and then claim to be the innocent party ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:16 am 

Oh no, not Gino again on this project ,too.
Does he now work for eFX?Shame.
But on this pic's it looks definitive better as the MR LE edition.They also add the chin straps.
http://www.therpf.com/f9/efx-reveals-st ... et-121699/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:20 am 

im not impressed with the dark pics & eye trimming in the rpf thread

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:20 am 
Site Admin

GINO @RPF wrote:
EFX is proud to announce the newest edition to the Legend line of replica helmets, a hero stormtrooper!

There were only 6 hero helmets made for ANH and only two are known to still be in existence.
One resides in the LFL archives, and another in a private collection (which is the one that we used to create the eFX replica.)

The helmet in the archives is the one used in well known promotional shots and is currently missing it's lens.

The helmet we used was totally complete and in fantastic condition and vac form molds were taken from the inside.

Oh yeah btw, the bubble lens was GREEN!

These replicas will be vac formed just like the original.
In addition, the paint for the detail areas was perfectly matched and the rubber trims will be custom extruded to match as well.

More info to come, but for now, we hope you enjoy the pics.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:47 am 
Random avatar

The helmet itself looks fantastic and it seems eFX will offer all the Trooper helmets within the archieves. Sadly its not affordable for the fans in Europe because of their selling practices. They should also sell their legend series to shops within Europe so that everybody has the chance to get one and not only rich people or US collectors. Hopefully they will change that in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:42 pm 

Just one thing i'd like cleared up beyond where the proof the lenses were green has come from is did MR take mould's from the inside of the Hero, as i recalled they said at the time they cast a stunt helmet and scans of the hero were taken and just checking on StarWarsHelmets confirms my recollection.

From starwarsHelmets.com
Quote:
MR had access to the one and only remaining Hero in the Lucasfilm archives(which allowed them to get the paint and detailing correct), LFL were understandably not going to let them disassemble and recast that last helmet so instead used a Stunt as the base. Remember in 1976 the Stunt and Hero's came from the same base mould anyway.

So what's the story here have LFL changed their mind and allowed eFX new access to the Hero and allowed them to dismantle it to make moulds or did MR actually make moulds at the time they made their helmet and for some unfathomable reason decided to use a fiddled around with computer generated model based off a scan and a cast from a stunt ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:41 pm 

Defstartrooper wrote:
So what's the story here have LFL changed their mind and allowed eFX new access to the Hero and allowed them to dismantle it to make moulds or did MR actually make moulds at the time they made their helmet and for some unfathomable reason decided to use a fiddled around with computer generated model based off a scan and a cast from a stunt ?

Quote:
There were only 6 hero helmets made for ANH and only two are known to still be in existence.
One resides in the LFL archives, and another in a private collection (which is the one that we used to create the eFX replica.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:40 pm 
Random avatar

I think this helmet looks really nice!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:47 pm 

Darth Niob wrote:
The helmet itself looks fantastic and it seems eFX will offer all the Trooper helmets within the archieves. Sadly its not affordable for the fans in Europe because of their selling practices. They should also sell their legend series to shops within Europe so that everybody has the chance to get one and not only rich people or US collectors. Hopefully they will change that in the future.

Yes that's true.
I for myself would also like to get one of these, but as you, i think for us in Europe it's impossible.
Good to know that we have a perfect source for a perfect stunt replica for fair money here in Europe.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:09 pm 
Random avatar

Hope to get mine within the next days :cool:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:33 pm 

Looks nice, I'd love to get one, but yeah, the shipping is a problem. I'm a Vader fan and forking out shipping for the legend still doesn't sit easy with me, so there's no way I could justify the shipping on anything else from EFX, which is a real shame as I think that they're going to produce some really nice stuff.

Cheers,

Kraig

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:37 am 

geordietrooper wrote:
Defstartrooper wrote:

Quote:

Ah missed that anyone know the source of this donor helmet ?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:38 am 

Holy crap. Click the eFX banner.

StarWars.com | Comic-Con 2011: Star Wars Collectibles Update Panel

I am really glad they put this up so that we can avoid all the "maybe its not what they say it is" drama.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next