It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: SPFX......stole my money
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:48 pm 

This is my Story with Mr Scott "SPFX" Nelmmz....

On May the 12th 2010 I immediatly paid, as I usually do, $724,00 to Mr. Scott Nelmzz (aka SPFX or Kosmic Kustom) for a complete ANH Vader helmet. A few days after, I sent an additional payment of $456,00 for a complete ANH Vader Armor .

On August the 22nd 2010 I received a package containing only the Helmet and I immediatly contacted Mr. Scott who apologized for his mistake and said that he would prepare the rest of the items right away. A few days after, I asked Mr. Scott if, instead of the Armor, he could send me a different item that had the same price: a raw (kit version) Vader ESB helmet. Mr. Scott confirmed that this was possible and after asking (several times) confirmation of the address, he disappeared with my money ($456,00).

As of today, 19th of January 2011, I haven't received any item from Mr. Scott who has ignored all the emails I've kept sending him. In addition, I am aware that other Italian friends of mine have bought items from Mr. Scott and, even if after quite a long time, have received them.

Roby "A very mad Italian"

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: SPFX......stole my money
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:11 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry to hear that. Keep writing him and posting on every board he's a member of - if you can even find any anymore. He's either banned or left most of them, mainly because of issues such as this. Though, his name isn't Scott, but Phil. Don't know his last name. And I believe Mr. Scott was once announced dead... or was that another so-called alias? Can't remember all the stories anymore.

There are lots of warnings about SPFX everywhere and it's sad that people still buy from him.

A good advice is NEVER exceed the 45 day window with PayPal. If item hasn't been delivered by then, file a claim and don't close until you have the item in hand. Not even tracking number is worth closing the claim for, as once closed, you cannot open a new one.

Hope you get your stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:53 pm 

...Phil Snavely... lives(d?) in Clovis, CA...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:15 pm 

Sorry to hear this. I was lucky enough to be warned about such problems when I first joined the hobby. Even though I really liked the lids I trusted in the advice I was given and stayed away.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:36 pm 

Too Much Garlic wrote:
A good advice is NEVER exceed the 45 day window with PayPal. If item hasn't been delivered by then, file a claim and don't close until you have the item in hand. Not even tracking number is worth closing the claim for, as once closed, you cannot open a new one.

Hope you get your stuff.

Let me clarify this excellent advice from Carsten. This is specific to eBay purchases.

eBay - the parent company of PayPal has a very specific window in which you can report non-receipt of your order. If you exceed this window, you will lose any chance of a money refund.

30 days - for domestic orders

45 days - for international orders

If it's day 29, call it in, and give them a heads up.

When the Seller says, "It's in the mail. It'll be there in a few days" - do NOT - I REPEAT - do NOT back down from calling it in to eBay. If it shows, you can always tell eBay it showed.

This is how unscrupulous sellers have cheated people, time and again, by playing delay tactics. "It's in the mail" "Oh it got returned to me" "The box was messed up" "There was a Mail strike" "I got the address wrong. What is it again?"

If you exceed this window, you have no chance of a full money refund from eBay.

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:04 pm 

I am always disappointed to read that kind of history and know that this person is still rife on ebay and elsewhere, but you still had any luck because you have one party, it's been over two years I've waited for my helmet ESB and I have no hope of one day having...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:08 am 

Another thing that I don't like about SPFX is how new fans are suckered into buying things from him - by other new fans.

Every so now and then, Phil changes his eBay I.D. Usually that is because he has to re-invent himself online, as he's now a long trail of customers who have waited a year or two for their helmets.

Under the new ID, he starts shipping helmets and armor immediately. Newcomers then go on the costuming boards and rave how awesome he is as vendor and inspire others to do business with him. After a few months of this, his backlog catches up to where even the newcomers are now joining the ranks of the oldcomers.

It's like a Ponzi scheme.

Fans, please help other fans by NOT recommending him despite your successful patronage. Many people who are victims have ended up that way because someone made a positive recommendation.

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:54 am 
Random avatar

Zuka Zamamee wrote:
...Phil Snavely... lives(d?) in Clovis, CA...

I also think thats his real name.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:37 pm 

It definitely is. I even had his address once, but all I can recall is the info above...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:45 pm 
Random avatar

Isnt there a chance to bring him in front of a court? He has ripped of people all over the world since years....it cant be that easy for him.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:01 pm 

I know some iron workers out of Ohio. For the right money, they will be waiting for him outside his house with ball bats. I hear its a life altering experience. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:09 am 
Random avatar

That sounds sensationell. I would like to see this :lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:12 pm 
Random avatar

Darth Niob wrote:
That sounds sensationell. I would like to see this :lol

Besides this sad never ending story about bad behaviour of an individual
i never thought you're enrapturing that spiteful :whip2 :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:18 am 

I read about this over at the 501st forums if I'm not mistaken
Sad to hear really..I spoke with him a while back about a helmet but luckily the price tag drove me away..
and hearing bout this I'm glad I avoided it
good luck getting justice :salut

-Steve

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:25 pm 

Roby, I too, was a victom of Phil Snavely (aka: Scott Nelmzz, SPFX, Kosmic Kustoms, etc..)
and I only live 2 hours by car, from Clovis, California.
I purchased an ANH cast from him in the Summer of 2009. And while he did send this helmet, I mentioned that I was really looking for an ESB casting, and he emailed me a couple of pics of an ESB casting that he had just begun to make that looked really good, I told him of my plans to build a 3 helmet (ANH, ESB and ROTJ) comparison display and that I would most likely buy 3 helmets, and I had friends who were interested as well, and wanted to buy helmets for me to paint and finish for them. He had talked about producing units to sell at Celebration V, so I thought, he probably had castings made to sell. Since I lived only 2 hours away, I told him that I would be glad to make the trip and pay him cash to pick up a helmet, right away. I offered to meet in a public place instead of his house, since I felt he might be worried about a stranger knowing where he lived. But, he said it was not necessary and suggested I send him a 'cashier check' overnight, with proof of delivery. As soon as he had the check he would would send the helmet out UPS. He emailed me that he got the check, I got a notice that he had received it and he indicated that he was shipping the helmet. I waited 3 -4 days, and nothing. I sent him an e-mail and he appolgized, made some excuse about having to take a trip on his wife's behalf and he would be sending it right away. Still nothing... I sent e-mail after e-mail, (at one point he said he would refund my money) that never happened either. Yes. Perhaps I was naive. But I really wanted the helmet. I am out $540. Sorry, to hear that Phil's criminal behavior transcends international boundries.

Profile E-mail