It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:32 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: The TD Cast Controversy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:58 pm 

Split from Chris' SL show-off thread: New ANH helmet. Moved here for review!

~ Staff

Qui-Gonzalez wrote:
darthvaderv wrote:
I did not know Thomas made the TD available as well.

There are two or three in private hands, but it wasn't made available in that sense.

Post subject: Re: New ANH helmet
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:37 pm 

Qui-Gonzalez wrote:
I did not know Thomas made the TD available as well.

SithLord wrote:
There are two or three in private hands, but it wasn't made available in that sense.

SithLord wrote:
And for the record I never did and won't be offering any TD castings.

Let me guess, you never "offered", they just "asked."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:38 am 

Darth Karo wrote:
SithLord wrote:

SithLord wrote:

Offering means doing a run. I never offered TD castings.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:35 am 

SithLord wrote:
Darth Karo wrote:
SithLord wrote:

SithLord wrote:

:bs

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:53 pm 

Darth Karo wrote:
SithLord wrote:
Darth Karo wrote:

:bs

Sorry about the OT but I was pretty clear and I'd like to know what your problem is about this.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:31 pm 

All well and good, but there's a difference between offering people something for sale and being asked for a casting whether it's from friends or vader buddies. DK wants to make it out as if there was a run of TD masks and that I lied or misled people....for what reason? Well who has TD masks then? If I say "yes there was a run of TD masks" then people will assume that I can make them or that I offered them and THAT would be misleading people, wouldn't it. There is polarity here. It seems some think it's either a run or it's not so if there were copies there was a run. If there are copies then of course the question is "can I have one please" because the assumption is that they are available and that there is or was a run. Well that's not the case because the TD was never "available" nor did I offer it to anyone. So I wonder how someone could take offense if I say there was never an offering, that there was never a run. So I am misleading people now? If I am then maybe DK can point out when I offered them and to whom. Instead of just using a BS smiley, if you have a concern about something, DK, then I'm all ears.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:38 pm 

Thomas,

Hold on for a moment. I'm just telling you my own personal observations as peaceably as possible. Don't take what I say to put words in Darth Karo's mouth. Let the man speak for himself.

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:29 pm 

That's fine I don't mean to put words in DK's mouth, just attempting to clarify this since BS sort of encompasses a lot. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:16 pm 

Quote:
Well that's not the case because the TD was never "available" nor did I offer it to anyone.

You offered me one personally Thomas so how can you say that? If they are not available fine, but dont lie to everyone and say that people dont have them and they were not offered. :bs

Sorry for the OT.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:19 pm 
Site Admin

Let's not derail this thread, please. It's no secret that copies were made of the TD, so what's the big deal? :eek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:47 pm 

SithLord wrote:
If I say "yes there was a run of TD masks" then people will assume that I can make them or that I offered them and THAT would be misleading people, wouldn't it.

In this case, there was a run (castings were made). Not everyone got offered them, nor was it announced (which is fine, it was your call), but the lack of announcement does not mean descendant castings do not exist. Two or more constitutes a run.

- Mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:49 pm 

NoHumorMan wrote:
Let's not derail this thread, please. It's no secret that copies were made of the TD, so what's the big deal? :eek

If we are misled to think that castings weren't made, then whatever casting we're shown won't be properly identified. I was going to do a comparison when I read the implication that no castings were offered. That read to me that castings did not exist, and therefore I would have been mistaken comparing an SL casting against a DJ when now it is clear it's an SL casting.

- Mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:12 pm 

Vadermonkey wrote:
Quote:
Well that's not the case because the TD was never "available" nor did I offer it to anyone.

You offered me one personally Thomas so how can you say that? If they are not available fine, but dont lie to everyone and say that people dont have them and they were not offered. :bs

Sorry for the OT.

OOOPS.

What's that old saying again? Something about....."Oh what a tangled web we weave......" Frankly, I don't have a problem with it at all. It's your casting and you can sell to whomever you want to, but just be honest about it. That's not much to ask. Again, you want to play semantics with words. Much like you did with the whole sculpted short tubes tale you tried to spin on the community involving Brian. Give it a rest already Thomas. You are so transparent.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:09 pm 
Random avatar

clutch wrote:
Good things come to those who wait.

I tell myself that every day when I think about the TM Vader :)

Cheers Chris

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:21 am 

Vadermonkey wrote:
Quote:

Sorry for the OT.

Last year I mentioned in a thread when the TM and VP were being discussed that there were two other castings out there of interest. You emailed me asking about them. And then later on you asked me again if I planned on doing a run of the TD. YOU ASKED ME. I had two extra copies that were personal copies, not part of a run or an offering. I trusted you and since you had asked me how many times if I would make castings (you even offered to help me find someone that does that kind of work, but I wasn't willing to go through with it). On March 7th, 2007 I offered you one of those personal castings that I had extra. And I trusted you! But no longer. Those are the two castings I referred to before. I trusted you! This was something between friends, not an offering as part of a run. But I guess that is no surprise.

Remember about the VP run? I told you it wasn't going forward? Think about it.....you cannot be trusted.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next